Put pressure on manufacturer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put pressure on manufacturer!

If you want to get fixes and updates we must all leave accurate and informative reviews on the websites selling these products. Currently GearBest list the rating on the BeeLink i68 as 4.8 with 89 reviews. Sounded pretty good to me so I gave it a try. I am so disappointed! Netflix is unusable because audio out of sync. Pandora is unusable because of audio stuttering. Kodi is the only thing that works pretty well but I had better Kodi functionality on my RP2. If we all leave real world reviews (Flames don't help) sales will fall and BeeLink will get off their asses and get to work. BTW Nvidia Shield TV is awesome! I picked one up over Black Friday for $150 (including remote and controller) and have been so happy I decided I needed another for the bedroom but was too cheap and thought a BeeLink i68 would be almost as good. Not even close and when you factor in the remote and controller price was not that far apart.

NVIDIA SHIELD dont have optical output.....
    KODI dont work correctly for me on Beelink R68......

Comment

Hi sigfreund:

I suggest you to install a 3rd party firmware in your i68... it brings a radical change to you little box.

In my case, I was suffering from image jump and sound desynchronization in Netflix and Wasser firmware 3.1.3 saved my life

Originally posted by sigfreund View Post
      If you want to get fixes and updates we must all leave accurate and informative reviews on the websites selling these products. Currently GearBest list the rating on the BeeLink i68 as 4.8 with 89 reviews. Sounded pretty good to me so I gave it a try. I am so disappointed! Netflix is unusable because audio out of sync. Pandora is unusable because of audio stuttering. Kodi is the only thing that works pretty well but I had better Kodi functionality on my RP2. If we all leave real world reviews (Flames don't help) sales will fall and BeeLink will get off their asses and get to work. BTW Nvidia Shield TV is awesome! I picked one up over Black Friday for $150 (including remote and controller) and have been so happy I decided I needed another for the bedroom but was too cheap and thought a BeeLink i68 would be almost as good. Not even close and when you factor in the remote and controller price was not that far apart.
      version 3.1.3 add mullti windows support improve wifi performance add WiFi 5Ghz support improve UI and video streaming security fixes update google apps fix

Comment

Wasser firmware is for 1000MB ethernet, many users like me (having 100MB) are leaved alone by manufacter

Comment

Originally posted by thunder k View Post
          NVIDIA SHIELD dont have optical output.....
          KODI dont work correctly for me on Beelink R68......
          You are right about Shield not having optical output but for me I connect Shield via HDMI to my TV and use the TV optical out to hook to my receiver. Works perfectly!

Comment

Ive had 5 i68s for family and friends and i can't fault them ??
            With my points discount the last one cost me £38 delivered
            And kodi 16.0 works a treat
            so it begs the question
            What have you done differently ?
            Cus i cant see the benefit of chancing 3rd party firmware
            Just my twopennyworth
            Fun,Learning and Mutual Respect ......Its Good to Share

Comment

Originally posted by 0adbylad View Post
              Ive had 5 i68s for family and friends and i can't fault them ??
              With my points discount the last one cost me £38 delivered
              And kodi 16.0 works a treat
              so it begs the question
              What have you done differently ?
              Cus i cant see the benefit of chancing 3rd party firmware
              Just my twopennyworth
              What version of firmware are you running?

Comment

I have had terrible video/audio sync issues making Netflix unusable. I have tried every firmware I could get my hands on with no elimination of the problem. I have tried a Inphic i7 which worked perfectly. The i68 does a descent job with Kodi (occasional audio flutter) but if you use Netflix it is junk in its current condition. Are others having success or problems playing Netflix on i68?

Comment

Originally posted by BewickPlace View Post
                  What version of firmware are you running?
                  Sorry for the late reply
                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Hi,
                    I have placed orders on this site (GearBest) and is noted purchased products , matches the notes below 4 are not displayed.
                    It is not controlled in China , it can also make necessary comments.

Comment

I have tried 2 different Beelink i68s, a Mini MXQ, an Inphic Spot i7, and a Beelink Mini MX and the i68 is by far the worst. They all do a descent job at Kodi (although the i68 has audio skip even in Kodi from time to time) but if you try Netflix or Pandora the i68 is garbage. Anyone having favorable things to say about the i68 please try Netflix and Pandora and report your results. I think those saying the i68 is good haven't tried anything else. All of these other boxes are cheaper and better but that is just what I have experienced. I would recommend the Beelink Mini MX TV Box Android 5.1 Amlogic S905 Quad-core at $27 as the best deal currently available.

Comment

I have tried 2 different Beelink i68s, a Mini MXQ, an Inphic Spot i7, and a Beelink Mini MX and the i68 is by far the worst. They all do a descent job at Kodi (although the i68 has audio skip even in Kodi from time to time) but if you try Netflix or Pandora the i68 is garbage. Anyone having favorable things to say about the i68 please try Netflix and Pandora and report your results. I think those saying the i68 is good haven't tried anything else. All of these other boxes are cheaper and better but that is just what I have experienced. I would recommend the Beelink Mini MX TV Box Android 5.1 Amlogic S905 Quad-core at $27 as the best deal currently available.

Why would you even try Netflix? when Exodus on Kodi as everything thats on there and Amazon prime
                        And by your own admission kodi plays ok.....well in your case.....ive no complaints atall, to the point i would not even run Netflix
                        Just my opinion

ps. i've tried other boxes (of the top of my head 5)and then did a load of reading about stuttering/freezing and then came to the conclusion that any box i was going to run must have a reasonable ram 2gb being the minimum and not over the top price wise and hence i finished up with the Beelink i68
                        I find as long as i maintain the box by keeping it on the very latest build of Kodi in my case 16.0 Jarvis update all addons (which a lot of people don't realize that developers build these addons to run on the very latest build of Kodi) flushing the cache/purge packages/delete logs on a regular bases and run Developer scripts
                        Kodi works just fine for me
                        Just my opinion

pps. Nearly forgot after following lambda for sometime and reading the way he might come back with a new addon by using real-debrid i decided to subscribe and i get rock steady sources

ppps. It never ends a while ago i did think i had a problem with what i can only describe a snowiness around the edges of images while streaming movies......i changed the HDMI lead for a higher quality one
                        Problem fixed!

Fun/Learning and Mutual Respect Its good to share
                        Last edited by 0adbylad; 03-26-2016, 11:51.

Comment

Most friends and family I configure a box for are only into watching legitimate sources (Netflix, Pandora, Hulu) so having a box that can do more than Kodi is important to me. I don't play games so have seen no benefit of having 2gb vs 1gb when solely running Kodi or Netflix as long as I shut down and restart after use. The i68 I have has 2gb where the other boxes I have all have 1gb and they perform better than the i68. All have latest firmware available and run Kodi 16.0.

Comment

Most friends and family I configure a box for are only into watching legitimate sources (Netflix, Pandora, Hulu) so having a box that can do more than Kodi is important to me. I don't play games so have seen no benefit of having 2gb vs 1gb when solely running Kodi or Netflix as long as I shut down and restart after use. The i68 I have has 2gb where the other boxes I have all have 1gb and they perform better than the i68. All have latest firmware available and run Kodi 16.0.
                            Shame...as they dont know what theyre missing
                            ""BeeLink i68 as 4.8 with 89 reviews. Sounded pretty good to me so I gave it a try"" from your op
                            I most propbelly wrote on of these reviews
                            Im not a gamer either ...but as i was reading up to select which box i was going to choose i did look at the scores on Youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8p5RR9ODwQ)and the Antutu Benchmark scores were pretty impressive,coming out on top and beating a lot of well known makes
                            You must have been unlucky and got a bad one

Comment

Originally posted by 0adbylad View Post
                              Why would you even try Netflix? when Exodus on Kodi as everything thats on there and Amazon prime
                              Because Netflix and Amazon prime are Legal Streaming Services .... Exodus is not (it's a Banned Piracy Addon)

Comment

Working...
                              X