Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kodi 15.2 (Final) for Rockchip 3368 (bitream first test ok)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For KODI 16:

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

But for me it's no perfect in bitstream.

Comment

Has anyone tried the KODI 16 version on the Beelink without a ROM modification?

Comment

Originally posted by ektor View Post
        Has anyone tried the KODI 16 version on the Beelink without a ROM modification?
        It will work but without pass-through and auto frame-rate switching support.
        Beelink needs to seriously release new firmware to make RK Kodi 16 work correctly.

Comment

Can someone tell me how kodi determines the screen info?

On spmc 16+ the "sync playback to display" option works, but unfortunately for me it syncs to 30fps instead of the 60 my tv is at. When I open system info it incorrectly states my screen resolution as [email protected]. Pretty much every version of kodi I have tried gives me the same wrong info, except for the versions in this thread.

When I open system info on the version I got from this thread it correctly states my screen resolution is [email protected]. Would it be difficult to apply this proper screen reading to a different version of kodi? Or would it be possible to make "sync playback to display" work in the version listed above? (I posted this question in the kodi forum as well as the spmc. If I find a resolution I'll post it to all 3 boards) I have an ekb368 (or Z4) which also uses rk3368 on android 5.1.1

Comment

In case anyone was wondering it is in: EGLNativeTypeAndroid.cpp got the info from http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=237315

Comment

Originally posted by Yorgosphere View Post
              Can someone tell me how kodi determines the screen info?

On spmc 16+ the "sync playback to display" option works, but unfortunately for me it syncs to 30fps instead of the 60 my tv is at. When I open system info it incorrectly states my screen resolution as [email protected]. Pretty much every version of kodi I have tried gives me the same wrong info, except for the versions in this thread.

When I open system info on the version I got from this thread it correctly states my screen resolution is [email protected]. Would it be difficult to apply this proper screen reading to a different version of kodi? Or would it be possible to make "sync playback to display" work in the version listed above? (I posted this question in the kodi forum as well as the spmc. If I find a resolution I'll post it to all 3 boards) I have an ekb368 (or Z4) which also uses rk3368 on android 5.1.1
              Rockchip is working on a new SPMC version so it will fix all the wrong refresh rates.
              SPMC doesn't have the correct refresh rate settings for Rockchip devices yet.
              Rockchip will probably change something in their firmware for SPMC to work correctly or make a small adjustment to SPMC for it to work correctly.
              They are doing tests now with SPMC.
              But your problem will still not be solved as EKB368 devices have very bad firmware support and the manufacturer might take several months before implementing this new code.
              Always buy from manufacturers with constant firmware updates in the future to not have such problems.

Comment

Yeah from what I found the display settings in the firmware should be located at sys/class/display/display0.HDMI/mode but on my device are instead located at sys/class/display/HDMI/mode

I also have a thread open on the spmc board waiting to hear back https://github.com/koying/SPMC/issues/180

Comment

just test it on my Geekbox and along with the Geekbox kodi that came with the rom and both in view mode lacks the settings to change mode to normal,zoom,display 16:9 etc.
                  why is that happening i also asked Geekbox forum and they will look in to that.

Comment

Originally posted by aeolous View Post
                    just test it on my Geekbox and along with the Geekbox kodi that came with the rom and both in view mode lacks the settings to change mode to normal,zoom,display 16:9 etc.
                    why is that happening i also asked Geekbox forum and they will look in to that.
                    You have to change to Software Decoding to have those options.
                    Also most of that aspect ratio options has been moved to Kodi Settings.

Comment

Thanks for the info mo123 you 've been very helpfull one think though if i change the option to softeare decoding will i loose from processing power i mean glitches in playbak?

Comment

Originally posted by aeolous View Post
                        Thanks for the info mo123 you 've been very helpfull one think though if i change the option to softeare decoding will i loose from processing power i mean glitches in playbak?
                        You can play 720p and most 1080p.
                        Some 1080p high quality videos might not work and 4K videos won't be playable with Software Decoding.

Comment

Working...
                        X