Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kodi 16.1 RC3 for RK by "superceleron"

Hi,

Here is the latest release for RK of Kodi "superceleron".

Kodi 16.1 RC3 by superceleron:

original topic:

Where can I find the advancedsettings file with the Temperature settings?
    kind regards
    cyber7 (aka Aubrey Kloppers; Cape Town; South Africa)
    http://www.cyber7.co.za / http://aubreykloppers.wordpress.com

Comment

I am well aware of Superceleron's work on other Beelink boxes. I will stop testing RC4 and drop this one in my i68. I just want Kodi with working passthru.
      Nvidia Shield (2017 & 2019), A95x Max, WD EX2 NAS

Comment

Originally posted by cjeman View Post
        I am well aware of Superceleron's work on other Beelink boxes. I will stop testing RC4 and drop this one in my i68. I just want Kodi with working passthru.
        me too

Comment

Originally posted by cjeman View Post
          Did you try ZDMC or NMTC? You can also try SPMC 14.2 or older 13.3.
          Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta
          CS968 -> HTC_T018 v4 20131216 with MTK
          GM282 (aka CX 919 II aka J22) - dead

Comment

I've tried ZDMC, TVMC, SPMC and various Kodi's from 14 thru 17. All have had some issue with passthru. Ugoos, Beelink, et al, issue a custom Kodi with their ROM's. Most are older versions. Do not get me wrong. I appreciate their effort and would like to see their work put into the standard Kodi. This aside, RC3 is proving to be a really good Kodi for the RK3688 and a donation is pending.

Comment

Try NTMC. Passthrough works on my Tronsmart R68 in NMTC without lonix firmware, same chip. Even VidOn works. Kodi version 14.2 and under, should have passthrough working, provided you have some fixes which SPMC, VidOn have. This is also mentioned in SPMC thread.

Reason why they issue a custom Kodi is because Kodi team is no longer doing Rockchip specific code and they have gone to be more compliant with standard Android API.

RC3 of 16.1? I have to try that still.
              Last edited by ghanashyaml; 04-12-2016, 04:32. Reason: NTMC instead of NMTC
              Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta
              CS968 -> HTC_T018 v4 20131216 with MTK
              GM282 (aka CX 919 II aka J22) - dead

Comment

My first test with a 720p 2.0 manga is not very encouraging for there to video bug. an image which is sent at the wrong time .
                I stopped after the test, the final 16 x6 less video bug but cut DTS, DTS HD and I was not in his Dolbi Digital plus .
                I expected a more stable version.

(test on I68G Beelink)

Comment

DTS-HD is not handled well in both. However, RC3 does a pretty good job with AC3 & DTS. I will be spending time with both. Like I said, I am encouraged with what both releases bring to the platform. Having these releases at 16 and 16.1 allows various plug-ins to be used. Some do not work with in older releases.

I guess Kodi team cannot support all of the various hardware platforms. The growth of these have been dramatic.

Comment

zdmc Basically perfect

Comment

Hello,

I tried it, but I have some sound problems... Sometimes, the sound disappears and appears a sizzling.

I'm using my i68 box with the Wasser firmware (v 3.1.4). My box is using optical output for the sound and Kodi is configured for passtrought.

Do you know why I have this problem?

Comment

I know the discussion is now dead, but I want to leave my personal experience for those who may have same issues.

I bought a generic MXQ 4K box with Android 5.1 and a RK3229 chipset. It came with KODI 16.1 pre installed and many add ons. The audio port is a SPDIF interface, but a 3.5mm one, not a optical. It's conected to a 5.1 Philips Soundbar.

My main issues with KODI in this box was 5.1 audio, or "enable passthrough" option not not working (audio cutting), and many Jellyfish video tests was not played (HEVC, 10-bits, x264 with bitrate above 100mbps). Even some 1080p videos was played with problems.

I tryed first FTMC, build 26 for Rockchip devices, but same errors occurred.

But for my surprise, this build corrected all the issues above.

Comment

Working...
                        X