Installing Firmware for Beelink R68G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing Firmware for Beelink R68G

I'm really new at this and have never installed nor flashed a new firmware before. At my wits end I ended up making an account just to ask this question because I have no clue how to install firmware onto this stubborn Beelink R68G. I followed the instructions provided in the linked thread and it didn't work.

There is no power button! It comes on the moment you plug it in. The problem is that my Beelink R68G always needs to have it's OTG cable selected to connect to pc in the settings. So when it gets unplugged from the power it resets(unchecks) that setting "connect to pc" and I can't install the firmware with factorytool because the OTG won't work. Is there a way around this? This baffles me. Right now the box has bad audio stutter so I'm hoping someone can help me with getting new firmware on it.
    Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and very new to Android tv box. I just purchase a i68 2g/8g that come with 201L firmware. Can any member here provide a step by

Last edited by JoeySmyth; 07-23-2016, 02:47.

Comment

That's the model number given on the screen where it tells you what your current version of firmware is. It's called a Beelink R68 though on all its listings online.

Comment

Comment

Past the return date

Is there anyway to update it with a flash drive?

Comment

Comment

I'm extremely disappointed. Thought it was weird that it had no power button.

Any good boxes out now that are worth getting? That you can... ya'know, actually update the firmware for and has an OTG that works correctly.

Comment

Last edited by JoeySmyth; 07-23-2016, 02:48.

Comment

That's a button alright.

Since I can't update mine I'm going to replace it. Just need to find one without audio stutter.

Comment

Last edited by JoeySmyth; 07-23-2016, 02:48.

Comment

It's a little disappointing to suggest to return a product, if you don't have a power button! The guy got his gadget newly, he was excited and happy, and you ruined his excitement. No matter what, there are many many boxes without power button. It is a normal thing and doesn't say anything bad about your box. Its just a power button no one really use it as Android boxes go to "sleep" when you turn them off with remote.
                      And in your answer about the update... Yes, you can update it without any problem. Take the power cord out, stick something thin inside the "reset" hole at the back of your box, and while you are holding the reset button, connect the power button to the box. It will boot into recovery mode (you can see the recovery options on your tv), where you can choose flash mode and then connect it with a USB cable to your computer for next step. When the box bootup in flash mode, the tv screen goes black, but your pc and the flashing app display a succesful connection.
                      By the way, the box shown to you with power button is discontinued early in production because of some problems with the hardware (Joey, search for it in google). However, your R68G is one of the best boxes on the market which is still in production,, even after nearly a year.

Enjoy your box.

Comment

got the models confused [Apologies] ... added links to R68G Firmware Install Guide / Tools / Download

Originally posted by Private View Post
                        By the way, the box shown to you with power button is discontinued early in production because of some problems with the hardware
                        Well, thankfully it's working great now ! with custom zidoo firmware
                        Last edited by JoeySmyth; 07-23-2016, 02:51.

Comment

Working...
                        X