Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardwired Ethernet Port's Mac Address keeps changing

Hi,

I have an issue where my hardwired ethernet port's mac address changes every time the Z4 is rebooted. I know that I could just set a static IP, but I have my router doing some filtering on mac addresses whether they be wireless or wired. In the link below there is a utility (tool to set the static MAC address: rk3188-UpgradeDll-tool-v1.26.zip) to set a static address but it is for the RK3188 chip set. Is there a location in the file system that I can manually enter a preferred mac address?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    GD

registering is not possible for those of us who cant read russian... the captcha asks for a 4 digit number. any way someone who can solve this registration enigma upload the file?

Comment

Originally posted by Yorgosphere View Post
      registering is not possible for those of us who cant read russian... the captcha asks for a 4 digit number. any way someone who can solve this registration enigma upload the file?
      I think the answer to the captcha is the 1 number minus the second one or something like that.

Comment

this is what im looking at

Comment

Originally posted by Yorgosphere View Post
          this is what im looking at
          You can try a virtual Russian to English keyboard website or translate all the letters in the alphabet on Google Translate to Russian and try to decipher the code.

Comment

is there any chance that someone who can register on this russian site get the file and put it somewhere where we can all get access to it? i have tried everything to get registered at the site with no luck. if you could get it and post, it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
            GD

Comment

After much grief, I finally got onto the website and got the file. The contents of the rar was a file titled install-recovery.sh

Based on what I have read this file would go into the system/etc folder on the box.

If someone more knowledgeable than I can please confirm, it would be appreciated.

The following is the contents of the file

#!/system/bin/sh

# If you're implementing this in a custom kernel/firmware,
              # I suggest you use a different script name, and add a service
              # to launch it from init.rc

# Launches SuperSU in daemon mode only on Android 4.3+.
              # Nothing will happen on 4.2.x or older, unless SELinux+Enforcing.
              # If you want to force loading the daemon, use "--daemon" instead

/system/xbin/daemonsu --auto-daemon &
              ip link set eth0 address 96:e8:4b:d4:70:00

# Some apps like to run stuff from this script as well, that will
              # obviously break root - in your code, just search this file
              # for "install-recovery-2.sh", and if present, write there instead.

/system/etc/install-recovery-2.sh

GD

Comment

try adding ip link set eth0 address 96:e8:4b:d4:70:00 to installapk.sh that is present in most roms in /system/bin....you might find another script that starts every boot as well on that device. you can look at the end of init.rc to verify/search for scripts that run at boot. also i found adding a sleep 10 command sometimes helps before the command you are trying if it doesn't work.
                Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

This worked great.

Thanks everyone.

GD

Comment

Just to be clear- you put the file (install-recovery.sh) in the system/etc folder and now when you restart the device the ethernet mac is static at 96:e8:4b:d4:70:00? Did you have to change anything else?

Comment

I actually edited the install-recovery.sh file located in system/bin. I added

after the following line

/system/xbin/daemonsu --auto-daemon &

I also changed the last 3 pairs (d4:70:00) to something else, just so it was different. I initially tried changing all 6 pairs of numbers and it did not work.

Now I have a mac address that does not change every reboot.

GD

Comment

on my device "install-recovery.sh" didn't exist even though it was mentioned in the init.rc file. I got it working by making a text file with the following lines:
                        #!/system/bin/sh

/system/xbin/daemonsu --auto--daemon &

then I named it install-recovery and changed the extension to .sh and put it in system/bin

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X