GeekBox Open Source Cross TV BOX with MXMIII Android Ubuntu Dual Boot 4K*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The eMMC is certainly lightning fast.

terry and followmsi do seem to be the only devs working on the Geekbox right now and from what I can see, Geekbox themselves seem to have given up on development, unless they are employing them as official devs.

Out of interest I did flash Wassers ROM for the Beelink R68 but it wouldn't even boot at all but worth a shot.

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

I wonder if unpacking and swapping out few things would get it to boot? Maybe worth trying wasser pounding the bugs in his releases.
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Yes, that is not a bad idea at all, or just flash the individual elements (kernel, boot, resource) from a Geekbox ROM.

Nice to have that little button on the Geekbox to take you straight to bootloader.

Comment

Twrp back up trying to make it into a flash so everything on mine all put back into any rom i try.
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

I've never used the TWRP method before.

I tend to use the RK3xxx_firmware_tools_5.99.07.00 to extract, modify and rebuild images.

Not sure which method has the greater advantage these days.

Comment

I trying that now too but because size limit cant back up all my prograns ect. I did back ups with titanium but sometimes no space to install that and apps on devices testing.

Comment

GeekBox Open Source Cross TV BOX with MXMIII Android Ubuntu Dual Boot
                Geekbox
                Bit of a special, $20 OFF CODE: GEEKTVB

Click image for larger version

Name:	5ue8nt.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	163.6 KB
ID:	604990
                treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

If anybody is still interested, the GeekBox is now $72.99

Comment

Deal found

China-1 Stock | Buy GeekBox Landingship Open Source PCBA w/ MXM3 MIC CSI CAM MIPI-DSI APDIF Headphone Interfaces for GeekBox online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

under 10 BUcks for the landing strip has to be a deal
                    treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Its even cheaper now - 60$ for board + landingship + usb-ttl adapter + some cables - might worth a try.
                      There is no sp00n ...

Comment

Working...
                      X