Call Out to all Users Kodi Passthrough Rk Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call Out to all Users Kodi Passthrough Rk Devices

This is a request to All users of kodi that want passthrough fixed from FreakTab Dev Moe123.

You want sound fixed then provide the needed help for Moe123 and give him feed back in this thread. We always see alot of complaints but without these tests and help you will not get these fixes so jump in provide the test results for Moe123. Use this Thread for Responses to him.

Basically any RK3229/RK3368/RK3288 device can try that Kodi I posted, but they need at least June 2016 firmware and make sure that RKMC's HD Audio runs first. If that works then they can also test that Kodi I linked otherwise they will just have no audio at all.

Moe123 comments

Must use firmware after June 2016 with the IEC Audio patches from RKMC.
    Nagrace, Ugoos and Tronsmart R68 latest firmwares contain the patches already that I know off.

Need to test HD Audio, TrueHD, DTSHD etc. on this brand new Kodi 17 (WIP).
    Must use my firmware or Ugoos 3.0.7 firmware.
    http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/a...rmeabi-v7a.apk
    Normal DTS/DD Pass-through is confirmed working already.
    Since Rockchip is following the official Audio API's, pass-through will now work out of the box on the latest Kodi 17 to come.

I just need some people to do more tests and also provide their Kodi logs so any remaining problems can be detected and reported.
    Can use the Kodi log uploader in Program Addons to get logs easily.

Here is also a spreadsheet with test video links to test.
    https://mega.nz/#!cMlBgSiI!GsVLADwqm...omFxpiqed2Ulbs

The latest nightly Kodi don't have the pass-through fix yet since it is still going to be merged if there are no remaining problems.
    Last edited by scooter2014; 09-23-2016, 21:12.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

All moderators forward any post that asks about passthrough in any Rockchip thread for Kodi 17 to this one. No responses until some help regarding feed back is provided where needed.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

You guys make a thread on the subject over in the Kodi forums? If not, you should consider making a similar call there, perhaps in the hardware>RK section.

Comment

They can come here 😁

Well its about time Rockchip moved to code to API that was really the only option for them this time. Seems Kodi did the right move by staying firm and saying code to API or perish....

Ps.... Yes i need phone with bigger key pad fat fingers make me edit every post.
        Last edited by scooter2014; 09-23-2016, 21:20.

Comment

Here is the new Kodi app to test for HD Audio pass-through.
          It is still work in progress.
          DTS and DD are working fully
          You will need the latest RK3229/RK3368/RK3288 firmware after June 2016 where RKMC Kodi's sound is fully working already to test.
          Some devices that have the required firmware are Ugoos, Nagrace, Tronsmart R68 1gbps lan version(latest update) or Zidoo X6.

Last edited by mo123; 09-24-2016, 19:11.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
            Here is the new Kodi app to test for HD Audio pass-through.
            It is still work in progress.
            DTS and DD are working fully
            Thanks mo! That seems to be great.
            Facing issue with the OTG port of my Tronsmart R68. I will still try this in my current (old) stock firmware of 8/2015. Will this Kodi share the same Id as an existing Kodi? If yes, what's the way to make Android think this is a new app?

Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta
            CS968 -> HTC_T018 v4 20131216 with MTK
            GM282 (aka CX 919 II aka J22) - dead

Comment

Originally posted by ghanashyaml View Post

Thanks mo! That seems to be great.
              Facing issue with the OTG port of my Tronsmart R68. I will still try this in my current (old) stock firmware of 8/2015. Will this Kodi share the same Id as an existing Kodi? If yes, what's the way to make Android think this is a new app?
              Hi

You have to use this firmware, otherwise there will just be no sound with pass-through.
              Also enable HDMI Bitstream in Android Sound Settings.
              Tronsmart is a leading brand innovating cutting-edge audio products such as speakers & headphones with premium sound quality.

This has the same signature as any Kodi, so you have to uninstall the installed one first to test.

On all my firmwares for HPH RK3288/ RK3368 the included Kodi(NTMC) can run alongside official Kodi and SPMC.

Last edited by mo123; 09-25-2016, 21:45.

Comment

Can someone test this Kodi?
                This is the latest nightly Kodi and has the pass-through patches merged now. Yippee!
                Can you give logs for this one and share the problems?

I think DTS/AC3 will work on Rockchip devices if it worked in RKMC with latest firmware after June 2016 but the TrueHD, DTSHD might still not work.

Comment

mo123 , like the idea of NTMC having different signature, and can run alongside Kodi.

Used NTMC from HPH NT-V8 ROM , not sure this NTMC is the correct version to use on Rk3229 N9 box running 5.1, but have issues with playback.

Other RKMC / FTMC versions work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnoo View Post
                    mo123 , like the idea of NTMC having different signature, and can run alongside Kodi.

Used NTMC from HPH NT-V8 ROM , not sure this NTMC is the correct version to use on Rk3229 N9 box running 5.1, but have issues with playback.

Other RKMC / FTMC versions work fine.
                    It won't work properly on 1GB devices like the Nexbox N9, it's firmware is also outdated and don't contain the correct patches.
                    On the HPH NT N8 RK3229 it has a new NTMC Kodi that works properly and much better since the firmware has all the correct patches.
                    Yes, you can install Kodi, SPMC and NTMC alongside each other.

Comment

thank mo for quick reply, latest libffmpeg seems to have helped.

Comment

Working...
                      X