HPH NT-V8 RK3368 Marshmallow ROM by mo123

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nashpantheron View Post
    Hye sir mo123, will this ROM can safely install on Scishion V88 Star 16GB+2GB RAM version TV Box ?
    Hi ,

do you mean Mo123 suggested CustomRom or the Link of Post #440 ,

is it a RK3368 Box ??? , does it use the same Wifichip AP6335 , i think ??? ,

then you can try , if the Specs not fit dont flash , maybe Coolios Rom for Z4 ,

good luck & report / gefattern
    Last edited by gefattern; 12-09-2018, 20:50.

Comment

Thanks for reply sir. I want to try this HPH NT-V8 RK3368 Marshmallow ROM by mo123
      My box is V99 Star, AP6255 WiFi chip, Rockchip RK3368. Can be installed?

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

do you mean Mo123 suggested CustomRom or the Link of Post #440 ,

is it a RK3368 Box ??? , does it use the same Wifichip AP6335 , i think ??? ,

then you can try , if the Specs not fit dont flash , maybe Coolios Rom for Z4 ,

good luck & report / gefattern
      Last edited by gefattern; 12-09-2018, 20:51.
      Thanks In Advance

Comment

Thanks for reply sir. I want to try this HPH NT-V8 RK3368 Marshmallow ROM by mo123
        My box is V99 Star, AP6255 WiFi chip, Rockchip RK3368. Can be installed?
        Wifi will not work as my ROM doesn't have drivers for it.
        The wifi chip was released after Marshmallow was released.
        You can try the Nougat ROM already posted here that is for your device or use my ROM without wifi and see if it will work.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Wifi will not work as my ROM doesn't have drivers for it.
          The wifi chip was released after Marshmallow was released.
          You can try the Nougat ROM already posted here that is for your device or use my ROM without wifi and see if it will work.
          The firmware posted here is for V99 Hero (3GB RAM Version) I might think. My version is V99 Star with 2GB RAM version. Is that suitable to install?

And for the WiFi issues, I don't really mind because most of the time I just use LAN direct connection for my box. I am just afraid if I try to flash your awesome ROM then my box might brick as I have no experience at all flashing Rockchip devices before this.
          Thanks In Advance

Comment

The firmware posted here is for V99 Hero (3GB RAM Version) I might think. My version is V99 Star with 2GB RAM version. Is that suitable to install?

And for the WiFi issues, I don't really mind because most of the time I just use LAN direct connection for my box. I am just afraid if I try to flash your awesome ROM then my box might brick as I have no experience at all flashing Rockchip devices before this.
            Hi ,

the "Hero" Rom runs on my UT4 / 2GB/16GB , good luck what ever you do ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by BEN001 View Post
              link to the firmware mod- bootloader in the firmware changed for the kernel 4.4
              android 7.1.2 https://yadi.sk/d/94iqBQ99TzHkqw
              reference source
              http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...ost&p=79271855
              There are a lot of bugs:
              No SPDIF
              Apps running upside down
              No power off, navigation bar
              No AFR switching
              Amazon Prime Video not working
              Google Play Store limited
              Different launchers like Nova not working
              Youtube apps sometimes showing only a black screen with audio is playing
              Support for ir remote missing
              No NTFS writing support
              Wifi unstable

I tried to build my own firmware which works much better than above one but still can't fix some of these things like navigation bar, ir remote, SPDIF, apps running upside down etc.
              Tablet Nougat firmwares also have too many things missing for tv boxes so won't use that.
              Last edited by mo123; 12-10-2018, 15:12.

Comment

There are a lot of bugs:
                No SPDIF
                Apps running upside down
                No power off, navigation bar
                No AFR switching
                Amazon Prime Video not working
                Google Play Store limited
                Different launchers like Nova not working
                Youtube apps sometimes showing only a black screen with audio is playing
                Support for ir remote missing
                No NTFS writing support
                Wifi unstable

Not sure how Schision could make such a terrible firmware, also using v1 sdk released beginning of 2017, making a firmware in the middle of 2018.

I tried to build my own firmware which works much better than above one but still can't fix some of these things like navigation bar, ir remote, SPDIF, apps running upside down etc.
                Tablet Nougat firmwares also have too many things missing for tv boxes so won't use that.
                Hi,
                this ROM was made by "cubelibre" from the 4PDA forum and Schision has nothing to do with this firmware, thanks for your responsiveness and work.

Comment

Hi,
                  this ROM was made by "cubelibre" from the 4PDA forum and Schision has nothing to do with this firmware, thanks for your responsiveness and work.
                  Okay, didn't know.
                  I will try to improve it some more or mix some of my ROM's.
                  The problem is most of the RK3368 Nougat firmware is for RK3368H tablet devices and they are missing sound, ethernet, remote settings, not optimized for tv boxes.

Also asked Geekbox, Beelink & Rikomagic if they could release Nougat for RK3368 but no one is interested, so sad.

I will update Marshmallow too, it is so far the best bug-free ROM for rk3368.

Comment

Hi,
                    Do not mislead people !!!
                    I said this is a dump from v99 hiro. I just build a bootloader for it and that's it! Based on this firmware, I was able to assemble my firmware, but since the SDK is not original, there are too many bugs in it. Everybody here, the respected mo123 will be perfectly able to assemble the firmware, and is much more stable and better than me. Regards to the freaktab community.

... navigation bar ...
                    Try
                    update.img -> boot.img -> default.prop
                    this string
                    Code:
                    ro.target.product=box
                    to
                    Code:
                    ro.target.product=tablet
                    its up .

Comment

Originally posted by cubelibre View Post

Do not mislead people !!!
                      I said that this is a dump from v99 hiro. I just build a bootloader for it and that's it! Based on this firmware, I was able to assemble my firmware, but since the SDK is not original, there are too many bugs in it. Everybody here, the respected mo123 will be perfectly able to assemble the firmware, and is much more stable and better than me. Regards to the freaktab community.
                      Thanks for explaining.
                      Because filename had name of V99 device dump, I also understood it to be firmware dump of such device because no manufacturer released firmware link for RK3368 Nougat yet and it would be impossible for someone to make RK3368 Nougat on their own.

I really want to fix the bugs, but there are so many and it's almost impossible to fix some things, then the firmware is also based on 2 year old code(very first RK3368 Nougat beta v1.0 SDK released in beginning of 2017) with old drivers, bugs. Even Rockchip is a bit shocked some company like Scishion use such old code to make firmware in June 2018 I think.

But for RK3368, Geekbox(that released LP, Marshmallow SDK) or other companies, they only released Marshmallow and also told me they have no interest to support RK3368 anymore.
                      So without support of different companies to release RK3368 Nougat code, some bugs can't be fixed.

I hope to test some more and try to fix a few bugs then release a new ROM, but time is very limited.

I use RK3328 as main device now since it's so much better than RK3368, RK3229, RK3288 now and also supports LibreELEC for 4K video with 23.976fps support, RK3328 will also get Android Pie 9.0 AndroidTV firmware around January 2019 with Amazon Prime Video HD, so it stays updated.

Comment

mo123
                        About navigation bar , try
                        update.img -> boot.img -> default.prop
                        this string
                        Code:
                        ro.target.product=box
                        to
                        Code:
                        ro.target.product=tablet
                        its up .

Comment

mo123
                          and it would be impossible for someone to make RK3368 Nougat on their own.
                          why not ? video from firmware build by myself https://yadi.sk/i/fIvY3SBROH_jwQ

Comment

Originally posted by cubelibre View Post
                            mo123
                            why not ? video from firmware build by myself https://yadi.sk/i/fIvY3SBROH_jwQ
                            Hi ,

a link for download would be great , thanks ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Happy New Year

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

a link for download would be great , thanks ,

greetings / gefattern
                                +1

Comment