Z68 bricked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z68 bricked

After few hours of use and without change the stock firmware, suddenly, the box shut down and the led went to red. After that it doesn't boot and I can't put in bootloader mode to install an another rom.

Anyone knows how can I recover the TV box?

Couple of things (and please excuse the questions, I can see you are not a novice):
    • When you ONLY have the OTG and PC connected (no other cables) - do you get anything in your PC's Device manager? (Example: unknown Device, Android device,...)
    • When you boot with ONLY the OTG cable and PC connected holding the RESET BUTTON in Do you see any changes in your PC's Device Manager?
    • When you push a pin/stick into the reset hole, do you hear/feel a click?
    • Have you tried switching the unit off for a while/till cool and tried again?
    Other than that, return the unit...

cyber7
    ps - I have taken my unit through some heavy experimental and find no problems, but then, when I ordered, I FORCED Geekbuying to test the unit extensively before shipping, which they did. (It took almost a month before they shipped becuase they had problems, which they never told me about...)
    kind regards
    cyber7 (aka Aubrey Kloppers; Cape Town; South Africa)
    http://www.cyber7.co.za / http://aubreykloppers.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by cyber7 View Post
      Couple of things (and please excuse the questions, I can see you are not a novice):
      • When you ONLY have the OTG and PC connected (no other cables) - do you get anything in your PC's Device manager? (Example: unknown Device, Android device,...)
      • When you boot with ONLY the OTG cable and PC connected holding the RESET BUTTON in Do you see any changes in your PC's Device Manager?
      • When you push a pin/stick into the reset hole, do you hear/feel a click?
      • Have you tried switching the unit off for a while/till cool and tried again?
      Other than that, return the unit...

cyber7
      ps - I have taken my unit through some heavy experimental and find no problems, but then, when I ordered, I FORCED Geekbuying to test the unit extensively before shipping, which they did. (It took almost a month before they shipped becuase they had problems, which they never told me about...)
      Thank you for the rapid answer.

The first two questions I can´t answer. I remmeber that I saw some messages but I'll test and then share the results.

- 3rd question -> YES
      - 4rd question -> YES, with the same result

Thank you again

Comment

Originally posted by Txemoto View Post

Thank you for the rapid answer.

The first two questions I can´t answer. I remmeber that I saw some messages but I'll test and then share the results.

- 3rd question -> YES
        - 4rd question -> YES, with the same result

Thank you again
        If you do see some messages (1/2) you could be in luck and recovery is possible. I hope for your sake you did because then it is not bricked, just needs to be re-flashed.

As a PS: The Rockchip devices is basically brick-free. If you have a look through all the forums you can get on the RK chips, you will see no real bricked devices, rather devices that needs to be re-flashed, which is good news to all RK users...
        kind regards
        cyber7 (aka Aubrey Kloppers; Cape Town; South Africa)
        http://www.cyber7.co.za / http://aubreykloppers.wordpress.com

Comment

I hope you're right but I think it is a AC problem.

When I tried to install a rom I saw an error message. I'll take some pic to share it

I've updated another RK3368 like Ugoos UT4 without problem, so I think it is not a PC problem (drivers, software)

Comment

Originally posted by Txemoto View Post
            After few hours of use and without change the stock firmware, suddenly, the box shut down and the led went to red. After that it doesn't boot and I can't put in bootloader mode to install an another rom.

Anyone knows how can I recover the TV box?
            I have the same problem based on Z68, brick ,flashed fine this NexLight2b firmware ,box4 hours worked fine ,then the screen went out and the red led lights ,my PC does not see it now,I need the Maskrom mode, for Z68,who can help me.
            Last edited by vlado; 04-04-2016, 18:20.

Comment

cyber7 I've tried to plugin USB cable and when I've plugged USB the led was blue and Windows sounds heard. I had forgotten in a drawer several days ago.

I've plug and unplug from USB, and in the third time red led appeared and no more recognized by Windows. This confirms that it is a hardware problem, isn't it?

Comment

Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Thank you, but it is not a firmware update problem. The brick came suddenly without update the TV Box.

And now I can't flash it neither power on.

Be careful with this box. It can be bad luck or not....

Comment

I had similar when trying unbrick it. Windows driver flaky i re installed drivers set pin plug in ota no power supply. It see device again i re flash. Hope it works for u if not send back to manufacture they take back one if mine after 3 months that died
                    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

I have the same problem with the Beelink I68, is the same model with the same chipset, have you found the solution? I have the same blue light and I can't enter into recovery mode. Nothing happens even with AndroidTool; Please HELP

Comment

Hi mauriale ,

the Device can not be dectected is that correct ??? do you have the Stock Rom ???

what about Batchtool , Drivers installed ???

nice Day

gefattern

Comment

Hi gefattern, thanks for your feedback. The device is detected in Maskmode, I have the ROM, but in the moment I try to Restore it says "Prepare IDB Fail". And the light is still blue. Nothing happen even with the remote control. Impossible to enter in recovery mode. I'm using the 4.4 Drivers, 2.35 Android Tool, and RKBatchtool 1.8, do you need some screenshots? Thanks

Comment

Hi mauriale ,

so if you connect it it says MaskromMode not LoaderMode in AT Tool , how do you connect the Box , with shorten pins or normal ,

please "eraseFlash" with AT Tool before restore , wait till ready , press upgrade .

How to connect a RK Device if Drivers and Rom is ready , press Recovery (hold) , connect OTG to PC , connect Power , if connected

in LoaderMode leave Rec. Button .

http://ugoos.net/blog/rockchip-firmw...flashing-guide

a second How to .

good luck

gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post
                              Hi mauriale ,

so if you connect it it says MaskromMode not LoaderMode in AT Tool , how do you connect the Box , with shorten pins or normal ,

please "eraseFlash" with AT Tool before restore , wait till ready , press upgrade .

How to connect a RK Device if Drivers and Rom is ready , press Recovery (hold) , connect OTG to PC , connect Power , if connected

in LoaderMode leave Rec. Button .

http://ugoos.net/blog/rockchip-firmw...flashing-guide

a second How to .

good luck

gefattern
                              Ok man i will try after work and i will tell you, also i'll put the pictures (screenshots)

Comment

Working...
                              X