Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nexbox Z68 remote control app and server?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nexbox Z68 remote control app and server?

Has anyone successfully used the rkremote control app with this box? Even with ehomemediacenter installed as system app and running the rkremote control app is unable to see the device. I also have cs968 in another room and that works perfectly.

Any other solutions being used by anyone else? Made a separate thread as answers may help other owners too.

Originally posted by maccafan
    Has anyone successfully used the rkremote control app with this box? Even with ehomemediacenter installed as system app and running the rkremote control app is unable to see the device. I also have cs968 in another room and that works perfectly.

Any other solutions being used by anyone else? Made a separate thread as answers may help other owners too.
    Tried with both rkremotecontrolcontrol 2.0.3 and 2.0.4 but mine doesn't work. It can't find the device.

Inviato dal mio ECOO_E04_3GB+ utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

i use wukong remote, works fine

Comment

Originally posted by GZD
        i use wukong remote, works fine
        Hi, I have been looking at it and seems interesting. Installed the remote control client on Android phone but it doesn't work. Do I need to install a server ask on the TV box?

EDIT: nevermind it did install the server on its own on the second run of the application on the Android phone and then it connected to the TV box. I don't like wukong too much though.
        Last edited by lzwfkv; 03-25-2016, 06:27.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Looks like paid droidmote server-client is the only current option to fully control this device with a smartphone app.

My friend's MINIX Neo X8-H has something in it's firmware that automatically allows rkremote and google remote to connect to it. Maybe someone who knows how to disassemble firmware can look into this and port it for this device,

The youtube video below shows this working with Android TV remote app but I can confirm that it also works with RK remote app.:

Join Facebook Group : http://goo.gl/SlM4srWith Google TV Remote you can control your Minix Android Box , not only KODI or XBMC . using a Nexus 7 on the video...

So need to find out what is running on the MINIX box that enables this.
          Last edited by maccafan; 03-25-2016, 07:39.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Looks like paid droidmote server-client is the only current option to fully control this device with a smartphone app.

My friend's MINIX Neo X8-H has something in it's firmware that automatically allows rkremote and google remote to connect to it. Maybe someone who knows how to disassemble firmware can look into this and port it for this device,

The youtube video below shows this working with Android TV remote app but I can confirm that it also works with RK remote app.:

So need to find out what is running on the MINIX box that enables this.
            Wukong remote works. Just I don't like it a lot, but it does the basic functions.
            Anyway rkremotecontrol server side should be included in ehomemediacenter that comes pre-installed with z68 stock firmware, the problem is it seems failing or it could require a specific version of rkremote control client.
            We need a working ehomemediacenter apk or an rkremote control server apk extracted from a working rom of another device with similar hw and Android version.

Inviato dal mio ECOO_E04_3GB+ utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

I tried installing different versions of ehomemediacenter yesterday as system app and none of them worked as a remote app server. Maybe the remote server function is not working due to lollipop. I tried wukong but it's not for me but thanks very much for the suggestion.

I will read up a bit and try and see if I can discover what is in the Minix firmware that works..I think my friend's box is amlogic so I was surprised when rkremote app worked with it. It looks like there is something called an anymote protocol. There is playstore app called anybox which is supposed to act as a receiver. But the Google remote app is now deprecated so while it finds the box it does not pair.

Comment

in zidoo rom. there is one remote app you can try .

Comment

Originally posted by GZD View Post
                  in zidoo rom. there is one remote app you can try .
                  Thanks for the tip. Tried this and installed two apps as system apps highlighted in attachment (From Zidoo OTA 1.0.32) after reading the description in the Zidoo X6 page.

The apps install successfully but do not execute. Must need a special UI, so gonna try to install all the apps named Zidoo and see what happens.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Finally had a chance to have another go at this. You need two files:

From the Zidoo X6 pro rom (OTA) extract the ZidooRc.apk file (system-->app--->ZidooRc folder within ROM zip) and install in the box. I wasn't able to open it or do anything maybe due to lack of corresponding UI. Restart the box.

I installed the one I got from the 1.0.22 OTA.zip from link below:

Model:ZIDOO_X6 Pro Version: v1.0.22 Changelog: System: 1.Add HDMI CEC RC function, the TV Sets that's with CEC function can control X6Pro box...

I understand there are further updates so don't know if there are any revisions to the server app which may not work with this box.

You can download the control app from link below: (This is for the phone/tablet and is confusingly called zidoo_rc.apk-note the underscore for the control app and not for the server app above)

Install the app on your phone and it found my box as rk3368_box and works.

Comment

Originally posted by maccafan View Post

From the Zidoo X6 pro rom (OTA) extract the ZidooRc.apk file (system-->app--->ZidooRc folder within ROM zip) and install in the box. I wasn't able to open it or do anything maybe due to lack of corresponding UI. Restart the box.

Model:ZIDOO_X6 Pro Version: v1.0.22 Changelog: System: 1.Add HDMI CEC RC function, the TV Sets that's with CEC function can control X6Pro box...

I understand there are further updates so don't know if there are any revisions to the server app which may not work with this box.

You can download the control app from link below: (This is for the phone/tablet and is confusingly called zidoo_rc.apk-note the underscore for the control app and not for the server app above)

Thanks maccafan its working.. Yes can not open the server app but all functions working fine...

Comment

Hi maccafan, very good job. It works great and it looks even a very good remote. At this point I am curious about the other zidoo app, some will likely work as well, especially the launcher, and I will give a go with them.
                        I have used the server apk in the 1.0.27 ota image of zidoo x6 pro and it works the same, but probably it has not changed compared to the version in ota 1.0.22 because it dates 2014.
                        Greetings.

Comment

The only thing the remote app does not do is side and vertical scrolling in mouse mode like the RKremote. Maybe I have not found the option yet. It's annoying with apps like bbc iplayer and long lists in Kodi.

Comment

The best remote control app for RK3368 is still Le Home Assistant for HPH RK3368

Comment

Thanks for the info. Could you please let us know where we can get the server side app? What is it called on the Nagrace ROM?

Comment

Working...
                              X