Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Step-by-step installation guide to flash new firmware. (Windows 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Step-by-step installation guide to flash new firmware. (Windows 10)

What you need:
    1. A USB2USB cable - Some printers use these and they have 2 USB-A connectors on them. Have a look at step 2 how to make your own here: www.cyber7.co.za
    2. DriverAssistant_v3.4 - Extract with 7zip and run DriverInstall.exe - Get it from HERE.
    3. Rockchip Batch Tools - Extract with 7zip (on desktop for example) - Get it from HERE.
    4. A workable flash image - Use the original 20160315 firmware, make sure you extract the archive and put is somewhere you can find it later.
    Steps:
    1. Connect your USB2USB cable to your PC.
    2. Unplug EVERYTHING from your Z64. You could leave ONLY your HDMI cable plugged into your Z64.
    3. Flip your Z64 over and insert a paperclip or a toothpick into the reset hole (a tiny hole in the bottom of the Z64) and hold it in.
    4. Connect your USB2USB cable into the Z64 USB/OTG USB slot.
    Now if you did everything as I specified, you will hear a "ti-ding" sound on your PC and if you open your Device Manager you will see a "Android ADB Interface" listed:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DeviceManager.png
Views:	2513
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	561565

Here follows the actual flashing steps:
    1. Open the Rockchip Batch Tool executable extracted on your desktop.
    2. Click the "..." option at "FW Path:" and choose the firmware you downloaded and extracted. (In this case "update_zx_20160309.img") The program will say "Loading firmware" and after a while "Loading firmware Finished."

Name:	Firmware loaded.png
Views:	2673
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	561567
    3. Click on "Upgrade" and you will see the green "Connected Devices" start flashing yellow and some stuff happens in the center of the screen:

Name:	upgrade.png
Views:	2589
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	561566
    4. Once completed, the program will show a green line in the display with the words "Upgrade Done Success". The "Connected Devices will turn grey and the Z68 will start initializing.

Name:	Done.png
Views:	2585
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	561568
    I hope you find this helpful. If you get a failure of any kind, check your steps. If the driver fails, use the DriverAssistant Tool, uninstall the driver and re-install. Start all over again.

Example of failure:

Name:	Firmware failed.png
Views:	3318
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	561569

kind regards
    cyber7
    Attached Files
    kind regards
    cyber7 (aka Aubrey Kloppers; Cape Town; South Africa)
    http://www.cyber7.co.za / http://aubreykloppers.wordpress.com

Hey there, just tried to run the batch tool on my windows netbook with windows 10 and it says it can't run on this computer.

Comment

Sorry, one other question, so I unzipped these files on my windows 8.1 laptop and they are working, but when I hold the paperclip, and connect the USB, I hear the ding, it finds the box, then about 5 seconds later, it makes the disconnect sound. I am not sure how to get it to stay connected to the computer, or to show up in the devices???

Comment

Working...
      X