Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to access serial console on Nexbox z68

Hello all!

I bought the Nexbox z68 box 6 months ago mainly to play with a cheap arm64 "computer", like we can do with the more expensive GeekBox (I bought my Nexbox for 30€).

But to play with this box one important thing was missing: a serial connection! After some quick investigation, I found that the serial port of the rk3368 shared some wires with the SD card reader (you can see this in the GeekBox schematics). So, I searched on the PCB how to connect it and it's easily possible!

On the first picture you can see the pre-defined test points to access the serial console.

The test points are small, so I soldered small wires on bigger connectors to be able to connect my USB serial convert.

I wasn’t able to solder wires directly on the test points (why?), so I used an electrical glue to connect the wires.
    But for the GND I used an USB ground connection.

To make more robust my connections, and also to isolate, I used on hot glue gun (I don’t known if it’s the correct name in english) to glue RXD and TXD together.

And voilĂ ! I now can access the serial console and play with it! Just remember that you cannot access serial console and SD card together (it’s a Rockchip limitation as wires are shared between the two).

Attached Files
    Last edited by cthugha; 10-03-2016, 09:59.
Working...
X