Blurred fonts in Kodi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blurred fonts in Kodi

This is my first Rockchip box, and already having issues... updated Kodi to Jarvis right off the bat, started deleted addons and adding the ones i wanted, they are for a friend, no me, so I am not too concerned about removing bloatware right off the bat, but when I go into Kodi, the font is flurry, or some have said like Unicode characters... any idea on what I can do to fix it, it seems to happen on any skin using regular fonts... looks like this.
    Other forums have said a firmware update may help, but would that be from the manufacturer or a custom one here???

Thanks in advance for any help
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Originally posted by jmatteis View Post
    This is my first Rockchip box, and already having issues... updated Kodi to Jarvis right off the bat, started deleted addons and adding the ones i wanted, they are for a friend, no me, so I am not too concerned about removing bloatware right off the bat, but when I go into Kodi, the font is flurry, or some have said like Unicode characters... any idea on what I can do to fix it, it seems to happen on any skin using regular fonts... looks like this.
    Other forums have said a firmware update may help, but would that be from the manufacturer or a custom one here???

Thanks in advance for any help
    The manufacturer has no support so you are out of luck.
    Better to buy something decent and not look at the price first.
    Other users on Kodi forum also have this problem with cheap devices, so you can perhaps post a Kodi log and catlog in Kodi forums for them
    to perhaps find a way to fix it, if it's fixable.

Edit: I see you already posted there

This box has no proper Kodi 16 support like other RK3368 devices with their own custom Kodi 16's, so if you can return it then do.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

The manufacturer has no support so you are out of luck.
      Better to buy something decent and not look at the price first.
      Other users on Kodi forum also have this problem with cheap devices, so you can perhaps post a Kodi log and catlog in Kodi forums for them
      to perhaps find a way to fix it, if it's fixable.

Edit: I see you already posted there

This box has no proper Kodi 16 support like other RK3368 devices with their own custom Kodi 16's, so if you can return it then do.
      Thanks

It wasn't just about price, it was about specs... and reviews. All of the reviews, yes not many at the time, were 5 stars. I have reverted to 15.2 and it works great, even with all the bloatware... Will have to read the other threads here about installing custom firmware to get rid of the junk I don't need, and to uninstall the KODI that is on there, and put on another.
      I'll set them up with 15.2 for the guy who wanted them and walk away, will stick with Amlogic boxes from now on. Mostly wanted android 5.1 and not too impressed with how it works with the box.

Comment

I had the same issue - in order to fix it I had to go into android settings - display and change from 1080p-60hz to Auto - and restart the box - then Kodi works - I only seen this issue when I have moved a box to a different TV than I originally set it up on - after restart when I look at the display settings it does switch back to 1080p-60hz - but Kodi 16.1rc works without a problem

Comment

I ended up installing the firmware from Geekbuying, from March 9th, and all works well now. Now only to find a suitable launcher, etc.

Comment

I ended up installing the firmware from Geekbuying, from March 9th, and all works well now. Now only to find a suitable launcher, etc.
            Did you ever find a suitable launcher? There is some very nice ones available...
            kind regards
            cyber7 (aka Aubrey Kloppers; Cape Town; South Africa)
            http://www.cyber7.co.za / http://aubreykloppers.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by cyber7 View Post
              Did you ever find a suitable launcher? There is some very nice ones available...
              theyre suitable for me. I need to stop fooling myself and realize it doesn't have to be perfect. It's a media player for me. Can you recommend some good ones for this box?

Comment

Have a quick squizz here : http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...et-s-see-yours
                kind regards

Comment

The is also square home launcher on play store very customizable user friendly. Or ugoos launcher also on play store.
                  Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                    The is also square home launcher on play store very customizable user friendly. Or ugoos launcher also on play store.
                    I've tried Square home as well, based on Cyber's suggestions, I like it too, but was looking for something simple out of the box, not for me, but the people I am setting this up for, want to make it as easy as possible, was hoping for a solution like MBOX launcher. I set one up for a person, just using Weather live and the regular 5.1 icons... after a buddy installed STB Emulator for me, the little gray square doesn't quite line up with the icons. May go back to Square home.
                    Think i may give the Ugoos launcher a try as well, can I use it on Cyber's nexlight firmware, or do I have to use the Ugoos firmware that was posted here? Also, Cyber, with your lite firmware, I know you stripped it right down, but is PLay store still there or do I have to load these from USB drive and .apk files?

Comment

I've tried Square home as well, based on Cyber's suggestions, I like it too, but was looking for something simple out of the box, not for me, but the people I am setting this up for, want to make it as easy as possible, was hoping for a solution like MBOX launcher. I set one up for a person, just using Weather live and the regular 5.1 icons... after a buddy installed STB Emulator for me, the little gray square doesn't quite line up with the icons. May go back to Square home.
                      Think i may give the Ugoos launcher a try as well, can I use it on Cyber's nexlight firmware, or do I have to use the Ugoos firmware that was posted here? Also, Cyber, with your lite firmware, I know you stripped it right down, but is PLay store still there or do I have to load these from USB drive and .apk files?
                      Playstore is still there

The most simple/elegant of the lot is "Simple TV Launcher". For me, it just lacks the ability to see the weather (widget support) on the main page, other than that it works out the box. For novice users this will be the one
                      kind regards

Comment

Originally posted by cyber7 View Post
                        Playstore is still there

The most simple/elegant of the lot is "Simple TV Launcher". For me, it just lacks the ability to see the weather (widget support) on the main page, other than that it works out the box. For novice users this will be the one
                        I think I bought that one, for a little over a buck... will have to check when I get home.
                        Sorry, just checked, that one is free, I paid for one called TOP TV LAUNCHER, I think... it looked most like the MBOX ones, but as the others, doesn't allow room for other applications to run in Widget mode... which I like about your setup!

Comment

Working...
                        X