Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marshmallow working on mk68 geekbox release!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am most interested in the sd as system memory for device.... I am going to load some more things to it and see how it works.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

New update will be released next week for Marshmallow.
      So something to look forward too

Comment

Cool Thanks Moe

Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
          New update will be released next week for Marshmallow.
          So something to look forward too
          Very good news !

Comment

I hope they keep the set menu as it installs all the google apps during set up for that account. Nice tool.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
              I hope they keep the set menu as it installs all the google apps during set up for that account. Nice tool.

This menu is coming from opengapps IIntegration, not done by geekbox nor included in sources.

mo123, are they updating sources next week or do they want to publish a new release ?

Comment

Originally posted by followmsi View Post

This menu is coming from opengapps IIntegration, not done by geekbox nor included in sources.

mo123, are they updating sources next week or do they want to publish a new release ?
                Both
                I also send you a PM.

Comment

mo123 Will this also load on (1)NexBOX Z68 and (2)hph NT-v8 and (3)Zidoo X1 II and (4)Zidoo X6PRO?
                  ps - The list also goes on
                  kind regards
                  cyber7 (aka Aubrey Kloppers; Cape Town; South Africa)
                  http://www.cyber7.co.za / http://aubreykloppers.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by cyber7 View Post
                    mo123 Will this also load on (1)NexBOX Z68 and (2)hph NT-v8 and (3)Zidoo X1 II and (4)Zidoo X6PRO?
                    ps - The list also goes on
                    It will work on HPH NT-V8 except wifi.
                    I will try to build fully compatible MM firmware next week or the week after for it.
                    Don't want to do it now until new fixes are introduced(200+)
                    On NexBox Z68 and Zidoo X6 it might work later.
                    For Zidoo X6 I think lots of users are using the OTA updates for KK and they would rather support that then releasing less stable MM firmware for now, but they would release MM later when they think it is stable and makes sense for their future plans, I think. There are so many users on Zidoo forums complaining about such small problems and if MM firmware that introduce new problems is released I don't even want to think how those people are going to complain.
                    For NexBox Z68 I don't think the manufacturer will release any MM firmware, so it will be up to users to port other MM firmware to it and hope it will work stable.
                    The led lights, ir remote, wifi, bt will probably not work at first with this or next week's updated MM firmware on NexBox Z68.
                    For Zidoo X1, no. It uses a different Allwinner processor with very bad support. I don't think Allwinner even has MM firmware testing in place.

Comment

It will work on HPH NT-V8 except wifi.
                      I will try to build fully compatible MM firmware next week or the week after for it.
                      Don't want to do it now until new fixes are introduced(200+)
                      On NexBox Z68 and Zidoo X6 it might work later.
                      For Zidoo X6 I think lots of users are using the OTA updates for KK and they would rather support that then releasing less stable MM firmware for now, but they would release MM later when they think it is stable and makes sense for their future plans, I think. There are so many users on Zidoo forums complaining about such small problems and if MM firmware that introduce new problems is released I don't even want to think how those people are going to complain.
                      For NexBox Z68 I don't think the manufacturer will release any MM firmware, so it will be up to users to port other MM firmware to it and hope it will work stable.
                      The led lights, ir remote, wifi, bt will probably not work at first with this or next week's updated MM firmware on NexBox Z68.
                      For Zidoo X1, no. It uses a different Allwinner processor with very bad support. I don't think Allwinner even has MM firmware testing in place.

​Thank you for the in-depth answer, mo123
                      I do agree with the Zidoo user complaints. I have had to actively block a user, just to get through the forum without having to read EVERY SUBJECT POSTED of how bad the Zidoo hardware support is. Actually, (without the permanent posting of grummel2005) the hardware is very stable and works out the box. A user just have to keep a couple of things in mind when running the device, but that is a topic best discussed on Zidoo's forume itself.

Just a last thing on Zidoo (and I know you agree, but this is for the other users new to this subject), they are the ONLY RK3398 supplying company releasing custom fixes for KODI GPL 100% in-line with the OpenSource licencing agreement. (Read more here: http://www.minipcdb.com/articles/About-Zidoo-and-GPL) I knew very little of the company 3 months ago when I started putting my feet into the RK waters, but all I can say is that they are very honorable in their dealings with customers and their technical support is top notch!
                      kind regards

Comment

Zidoo has very good software solutions and support compared to others.
                        For Rockchip devices, the chip company is working on their own fully supported Kodi.
                        With firmware updates from manufacturers you should be able to use ZDMC, RKMC, SPMC and MrMc Kodi for Android, all with correct HD Audio and video playback, with RKMC adding extra features for the chipset not possible on other Kodi's except ZDMC that will add their own improvements based on RKMC(Rockchip Media Centre).

In the Kodi forum they now said
                        - All Android devices with firmware lower than Lollipop 5.1.1 will have no support any more with upcoming Kodi 17.
                        That includes lots of Android devices like tablets, phones and tv boxes.
                        Kodi 17 will refuse to install on devices with lower firmware versions.
                        - Kodi 17 will display pop up messages if you try to install unofficial addons.
                        - kodi 17 will drop all Android device specific patches eg. for Amlogic devices.
                        - Kodi has no official Android developer at the moment.
                        I don't know who will do all that work for free.
                        - Lots of Kodi developers are against improving Android support and are rude to users posting Android questions.
                        I can only think that piracy is the main reason for the dislike of Android and they want to distance themselves.

Comment

Zidoo has very good software solutions and support compared to others.
                          For Rockchip devices, the chip company is working on their own fully supported Kodi.
                          With firmware updates from manufacturers you should be able to use ZDMC, RKMC, SPMC and MrMc Kodi for Android, all with correct HD Audio and video playback, with RKMC adding extra features for the chipset not possible on other Kodi's except ZDMC that will add their own improvements based on RKMC(Rockchip Media Centre).

In the Kodi forum they now said
                          - All Android devices with firmware lower than Lollipop 5.1.1 will have no support any more with upcoming Kodi 17.
                          That includes lots of Android devices like tablets, phones and tv boxes.
                          Kodi 17 will refuse to install on devices with lower firmware versions.
                          - Kodi 17 will display pop up messages if you try to install unofficial addons.
                          - kodi 17 will drop all Android device specific patches eg. for Amlogic devices.
                          - Kodi has no official Android developer at the moment.
                          I don't know who will do all that work for free.
                          - Lots of Kodi developers are against improving Android support and are rude to users posting Android questions.
                          I can only think that piracy is the main reason for the dislike of Android and they want to distance themselves.
                          WOW! I think that this is very bad news for any PRE 5.1.1 user!

I think that KODI developers is trying to be "smart" in their approach to piracy and that they are excluding legitimate builders out of the KODI code. This I specifically wrote to the KODI developers in February 2016 about their attitude towards RockChip and Android (see https://aubreykloppers.wordpress.com...emise-of-kodi/ and http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=262906) and that they are going to loose the largest hardware-based group of people ever, by excluding RK fixes out of their code.

You have to understand that by "- Kodi 17 will display pop up messages if you try to install unofficial addons.", no skin writer will be able to add code, unless it is in the official KODI code. AND there is no way to get your code added if you are "not liked" by the KODI developers team...

It seems they are just storming ahead and doing what they want/like. It IS going to cost them investors and it IS going to cost them developers. They (developers) have started leaving like rats from a sinking ship and it is purely KODI's own fault...

To anyone reading this topic: I am NOT saying XBMC (the code KODI is using for their development) but KODI is making HUGE mistakes with their business model and decisions.
                          kind regards

Comment

Bite the hand that feeds you. Kodi will drop support for Android If coder not found. Tv box makers should step up and provide support on that side its not like they havent made a fortune off it. Its same as always greedy manufactures not willing pay for support. Thats seen in the mass push of amilogic devices. Dts and dd support missing in most of them why manufactures not willing to pay. Plain and simple greed. Some times you just get what you deserve. 😃

Comment

Ugoos, next week new kodi , new firmware and AndroidTv launcher. Ugoos is excellent firmware, Tronsmart R3368 Meta. Developper coming hardwork. One questiĆ³n, is posible add remote control code Tronsmart, no touch kernel?

Comment

Originally posted by axionflow View Post
                                Ugoos, next week new kodi , new firmware and AndroidTv launcher. Ugoos is excellent firmware, Tronsmart R3368 Meta. Developper coming hardwork. One questiĆ³n, is posible add remote control code Tronsmart, no touch kernel?
                                Ugoos makes excellent firmware and hardware.
                                Tronsmart already abandoned their RK3368 Meta since last year.
                                I hope people will realize spending a little more money comes with much better software support instead of spending less and having an abandoned product after 3-4 months.
                                You might be able to port the Ugoos firmware to a Tronsmart device but will loose several features and optimizations.

Comment

Working...
                                X