Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modded ROM's for Tronsmart R68 "Tronsplant your ROM"

Modded Zidoo rom

7th March 2016 ACTIVATION FIX HERE ---> https://mega.nz/#!3cxGxK4b!Te0yyc44B...kjaORYy9EIKxUo

Download v1 -------> Here

Changes:

- Overclocked Kernel and Device tree to suit Tronsmart r68 (IR remote support, Power LED working correctly) - Thanks Geekbox for supplying original Kernel source
    - TWRP installed on first boot automatically - Thanks Abdul_pt
    - Added YouTube app for Android TV version
    - Added Quick Boot as user app
    - Added workaround for Zidoo copy protection (its possible for it to not work occaisonally, if you get the "Illegal Activated" message just reboot)
    - If anything changes the /system/bin/install-recovery.sh file, it will break the workaround for copy protection.

Download v2 --------> Here

Changes:

- Changed kodi version - had issues with it blacking out randomly, slightly better youtube app playback.

Download v3 --------> Mega Google

Changes:

- Sorry about all the releases - Added launcher3 as a pre installed app, after first boot wait a few minutes then click the O button for home.

Download Here v4 ----> TWRP-Update or Full Rom ----------- Activation Fix

Changes:

- Updated to Zidoo rom 1.0.30 changelog here
    - added init.d support, moved scripts there
    - In this version I have relesed a TWRP update version as well as the full rom
    - To get Fullscreen in YoutubeTV app - install "full!screen" from Google playstore its free and works great

Update Notes:
    -
    There is a bug in the TWRP update caused by me PLEASE MANUALY UNINSTALL KODI BEFORE UPDATING, otherwise kodi 16 jarvis will not install.
    -TWRP update will NOT format your data.
    - Flashing Full Rom WILL format your data.
    - Please down load the Activation fix if you get "Illegal Activated" message regularly.

- If you suffer from Pink/Green screen issue then you can flash the stock Tronsmart Kernel available here this is a flahable zip.
    - If your rom freezes and locks up, please download and flash the "tame" kernel here

Download Here v5 ----> Full Rom Only

Changes:
    - Brand new kernel, better YouTube performance, instead of stutter only slight pause
    - fixed activation, no need to flash zip
    - Fixed Bucktooth, err Bluetooth.
    - Downgraded Kodi to 15.2

Update notes:
    - enjoy
    - My experience with YouTube stutter is caused by Google updates, for proof, flash this image, play YouTube videos to test,
    then add Google account and test again.
    - If you want to keep your apps make a backup of /data with TWRP before updating, then restore it afterwards, or use TitaniumBackup (play-store)

Download Here v6 ----> Flashable .zip Full ROM

Changes:
    - Added L3 WideVine support.

Update notes:
    - Accidentally broke HDMI-CEC will fix in future update
    - If you have issues with freezing / crashing please install THIS kernel - DON'T USE V4 KERNELS, THEY WONT WORK
    - If you cant enter recovery use the method below in general notes but unzip the files from the above file

Download Here v7 ----> Flashable.zip(removed) Full ROM

Changes:
    - Fixed HDMI-CEC
    - Fixed Kernel Bugs, remove over-clocking.
    - Added preinstall apps - Netflix, ES File Explorer, Kernel Auditor and updated OGYouTube to 1.2
    - Hide HDMI status - /sys/devices/virtual/switch/hdmi/state = 0

Download Here v8 Rev3 ----> Flashable .zip Full Rom

Changes:
    - Kernel Tweaks and updates
    - Now boots without HDMI plugged in
    - Updated to ZDMC aka Kodi16, this version has "PVR addons", I have only tested tvheadend htsp.
    - Fixed ugly logo's
    - Full ROM no longer uses integrated boot.img, this allows easy kernel flashing for use on other devices.(eg z4)
    - Special thanks to MaximRY for the updated TWRP for unified partition ROM

Instructions:

- Please Install only over v7 rom, older versions may work too but I haven't tested.
    - Copy .zip to USB stick or Internal Memory
    - Reboot to recovery using quickboot.
    - Flash the .zip
    - on first boot please wait a few minutes for kodi to install, then reboot your box, kodi may give message of not responding otherwise.

Download Here v9 Rev2 ----> Flashable Update, Full ROM, Kernel

Changes:
    - Bring ROM up to 1.0.33 base
    - Does not affect kernel in any way, will not overwrite your kernel if you have changed it. (Flashable update)
    - Seperate Kernel update, for compatibility with other boxes, flash separately (Flashable update)
    - Fix ROOT (Flashable update)
    - Added CONFIG_IP_MULTICAST (Kernel, FullROM)

Instructions:
    - Install over v8r3, Please be patient, this replaces every file in /system and there is no progress bar, on first boot the cache needs to be rebuilt (Flashable update)
    - reboot to TWRP recovery and flash (flashable update)
    - If you are on the original v9 flashable and you want to fix root without a large download, download the official SuperSU boot to recovery (see below) and flash.
    - See Below, Please allow several minutes on first boot for apps to install. (Full ROM)
    - Recommend to install FullROM but am providing TWRP Update as well (YMMV)

Known Bugs:
    - If you reboot to recovery with USB device inserted TWRP may sometimes freeze.
    - Feedback please

Download Here v9 Rev3 ----> Flashable Update(/system only)

Changes:
    - Bring ROM up to 1.0.36 base

Download Here v9-5 ----> Full Rom

Changes:
    - 1.0.38 Base
    - Kernel Updates
    - ZDMC 16.1.1 from Zidoo

Installation Instructions

I don't want to do a big write up on how to install this ROM, so please follow the instructions from Tronsmart just substitute the my .img file, download their update package here
    HOWEVER... there is one exception to their instructions which is how to get device into bootloader mode.

To enter BOOTLOADER mode:
    - Plug in Power and USB cables then using a toothpick or other thin item press and hold the button inside the small hole and then press the power button.

To enter RECOVERY mode:
    - Plug in Power cable then press the power button first, then immediately press and hold the button in the small hole.

To Bring this ROM to your device:
    - Find the Stock ROM from your specific device and extract the kernel.img and resource.img using android tool
    - Use android tool to flash the kernel and resource to their relevant partitions
    Last edited by lonix; 06-25-2016, 23:34.

hi
    this rom have the green/pink fix ( like the one with the tronsmart kernel "https://mega.nz/#!XRYCjYoY!nm30Z0IUZ3j2aAgtUI72DWGFWAiAvBS_giwWisC Pshc")?

Comment

TBH i don't know, can you flash it, and let me know, all of my TV's don't have this issue.
      Last edited by lonix; 01-08-2016, 11:09. Reason: Autocorrect while drunk

Comment

Will it work with the 100Mbps-AP6330 version or it is only for the Gigabit-AP6335 version?

Comment

WHY NO RESTORE MY TV BOX. WHEN FINISH, SAY FORMATING, BLACK SCREEN, OFF TV BOX, WAITING, NOTHING. wHAT IS THE PROBLEM?

Comment

iAM THINK OVERCLOCK NO WORKING IN MY TV BOX.

Comment

Originally posted by Txemoto View Post
              Will it work with the 100Mbps-AP6330 version or it is only for the Gigabit-AP6335 version?
              Sorry, at this point 100mb version isn't supported

Originally posted by axionflow View Post
              iAM THINK OVERCLOCK NO WORKING IN MY TV BOX.
              What version of the tronsmart r68 do you have? Perhaps overclock is too much for all boxes.

Comment

Awesome. Thanks. I'll try later today.

Does anyone have a list of the remote control codes supported? There only seem to be about 4 buttons you can use. i.e. no specific play/pause, next track etc.
                i wanted to set up my harmony remote properly

Comment

This my version unit:Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta Model-Orion R68, Lote-1536

Iam used , Factory tool 1.37v by tronsmart. Iam used 7zip, no understant, what is the problem?

If is diferent, send me message by forum

Comment

Hi Ionix

I have tried a bit the latest Zidoo x6 pro ROM (official). I can say that it is pretty fast however I could not solve the issue with the activation pop up coming up every now and then. Blocking the IP (in my home router) you mentioned in another thread did not solve the issue.
                    In the past i have tested a few ROMs for my Beelink R68 box but I can say that the zidoo rom was the fastest so far.
                    If you are going to make a ROM based on the Zidoo, can you please make "AOSP Launcher3" the default launcher?

I will be waiting for your modded zidoo ROM.

Comment

Original Post Updated

Originally posted by pekos View Post
                      Hi Ionix

I have tried a bit the latest Zidoo x6 pro ROM (official). I can say that it is pretty fast however I could not solve the issue with the activation pop up coming up every now and then. Blocking the IP (in my home router) you mentioned in another thread did not solve the issue.
                      In the past i have tested a few ROMs for my Beelink R68 box but I can say that the zidoo rom was the fastest so far.
                      If you are going to make a ROM based on the Zidoo, can you please make "AOSP Launcher3" the default launcher?

I will be waiting for your modded zidoo ROM.
                      Its probably better if you install it manually and set it as default, after flashing.
                      here is the version from from Ugoos ROM

Comment

New version for ugoos, posted few hours, no working, in my box. *UgoosTrons68_Gigabitv3,

Comment

Originally posted by axionflow View Post
                          New version for ugoos, posted few hours, no working, in my box. *UgoosTrons68_Gigabitv3,
                          Not sure why, please try the stock kernel version.

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

UgoosTron_orig_kernel.img.zip, If this is the original version, which you published works without problems in installation, but has stuttering sound. The application is to use google play music.
                            I think many people do not use this program, I have saved my music on this application and has lots of stuttering.

When I woke up, I found the good news of zidoo. I express my gratitude for the efforts you are doing. This is a way to put pressure on Tronsmart and improve the software.

I'll be on top of your work and give you feedback.

Comment

Zidoo, no flash problem, perfect,

Comment

Working...
                              X