X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

No GPU acceleration.
    But Kodi runs smooth until 1080p.
    Imagination Technologies want to charge several tens of thousands of dollars to develop Linux GPU driver for RK3368.
    So I'm not sure if Rockchip want to spend that much money when ARM, GPU manufacturer of RK3288 GPU already provided full X11 hardware accelerated Linux GPU driver for free.

Up to 1080p would be OK for me at this moment, this box was degraded to a 1080p TV ;-)
    It seems then that I will give it a try with lubuntu!
    Thanks

Comment

Hello,
      What is the best for you ? ziddoo mod rom V7 or this rom ?
      because i have micro lag in video on Kodi with zidoo V7.

Thanks

Comment

My short report:
        First of all my device is a Beelink i68 with 8GB and there are already issues known from @Ionix work on modded Zidoo rom v7, like Wifi and BT, these are not working here too, but I suppose they can be fixed the same way they are fixed on Zidoo modded rom, I did not test this.
        IR is working. Ethernet is working.
        In display preferences I am missing HDMI menu and I cannot set the resolution, resolution is ok for me, but this setting is missing.
        In preferences the menu for Accessibility is not visible, to enter it I need to search for any of the menu inside Accessibility and then I can access it, this happen with Zidoo modded rom as well.
        Kodi, this version feels much better than the version in Zidoo modded rom, it played perfectly for me in all tests, but there is one thing that happens also with Zidoo modded rom: It is not using Rockchip acceleration, no matter what I do it uses MediaCodec or software when MC is disabled. Nevertheless with this version of Kodi both work smoothly: mc and ff.

LUbuntu:
        It works better than I expected, but, in my case I basically use the box for Kodi connected to a Tvheadend server and Plex for everything else. The Kodi version included is missing PVR Addons and so I could not test it at all (I wonder why so many Kodi distros for these boxes are missing these Add ons) and there is no much expectation for Plex for this hardware configuration, the new Plex Media Player is a good candidate but mpv which it is based on, seems hard to get to work for this configuration...

So all in all a very good work from @Ionix and I only wish I would have bought the same hardware @Ionix has...

I will revert back to Zidoo modded rom for now...

Comment

Back on Zidoo modded rom I decided to update Kodi to the latest (just out) 16.0 official version. With MediaCodec enable it is not usable, it stutters most of the time, it does a much better job with software acceleration only. On the other hand version 15.2 on Zidoo and 16beta on this rom were both using MediaCodec and doing much better job than the official version, so I want to think there is something more specific to these boxes than just the codec...
          Also, I have now the suggestive impression that this rom did better in my tests that the Zidoo one is doing now on my box.

So I will hope for @Ionix to bring some updates to this rom with fixes that apply for my box.

Comment

Hi Ionix

on android i get no sound when passthrough is enabled in kodi in all sound outputs options (spdif + hdmi bitstream). In linux i need to fix NFS first in order to load my video library, however NFS shares are not visible. Do i need to install something first in linux in order to be able to load nfs shares?
            BTW when using android i think my beelink r68 runs faster even when compared to zidoo rom.

thanx

Comment

pvr is possible in i68?

I took several days and everything is perfect except pvr Imagenio IPTV.

Comment

Originally posted by grema90 View Post
                pvr is possible in i68?

I took several days and everything is perfect except pvr Imagenio IPTV.
                Imagenio replaced by Movistartv or still the same?
                See https://kodimovistartv.codeplex.com/
                It is not an official Kodi PVR addon, so developers of the PVR addon has to fix or improve it, maybe they can help?

Comment

thanks for answering.
                  I asked there but do not give me answers.
                  kodi throws me these errors

10:23:16 T:18446744072290996504 ERROR: RKEGL: no rw on /sys/class/display/display0.HDMI/mode
                  10:23:16 T:18446744072290996504 ERROR: Unable to load libcec.so, reason: dlopen failed: library "libPVRDebugger.so" not found
                  10:23:16 T:18446744072290996504 ERROR: virtual void PERIPHERALS::CPeripherals::Initialise() - failed to initialise bus cec
                  10:23:17 T:18446744072299540872 ERROR: static bool XFILE::CDirectory::Create(const CURL&) - Error creating /storage/recordings
                  10:23:17 T:18446744072299540872 ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
                  10:23:17 T:18446744072299540872 NOTICE: AddOnLog: PVR Movistar+ TV para Android Arm (Jarvis): ObtenerConfiguracionhttp {"resultCode":0, "resultText":"Operation successful", "resultData":{"appVersion":"6.0","cdvrNumberRetrie s":1,"welcomeback":0,"vksUrl":"vks.svc.imagenio.te lefonica.net","migrationEnabledStb":"101","sendTvF ocus":0,"retriesPeriod":1,"cdvrErrorsRetry":"404|4 53|500","minimumBitrateSTB":1000,"clientVersion":" 0602","personalRecordingCheckingPeriod":120,"viewR ightActivationWithRecServices":0,"secondsForChanne lStable":60,"pvrExtraTimePre":0,"tvReminderWakeUpT ime":60,"defaultChannelPriority":1,"mvtvVersion":" 110000","contextSensitivePromotions":1,"servicePro files":[{"uplinkBW":50,"code":"SERV1","downlinkBW":500},{" uplinkBW":0,"code":"SERV2","downlinkBW":3250},{"up linkBW":0,"code":"SERV3","downlinkBW":10700},{"upl inkBW":0,"code":"SERV4","downlinkBW":270},{"uplink BW":10,"code":"SERV5","downlinkBW":3400},{"uplinkB W":10,"code":"SERV6","downlinkBW":11500},{"uplinkB W":212,"code":"SERV7","downlinkBW":212}],"OPCH":"239.0.2.30:22222","backwardOPCH":"239.0.2 .10:22222","ppvBySubscr
                  10:23:28 T:18446744072304695520 ERROR: CDVDMsgGeneralSynchronize - timeout
                  10:23:31 T:18446744072304695520 ERROR: CDVDMsgGeneralSynchronize - timeout

Comment

you may be starting to operate ubuntu?

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

No GPU acceleration.
                      But Kodi runs smooth until 1080p.
                      Imagination Technologies want to charge several tens of thousands of dollars to develop Linux GPU driver for RK3368.
                      So I'm not sure if Rockchip want to spend that much money when ARM, GPU manufacturer of RK3288 GPU already provided full X11 hardware accelerated Linux GPU driver for free.
                      mo123 will you consider building a dedicated rom for megabit version of tronsmart R68 with dual boot?

Comment

Originally posted by oldhouse View Post

mo123 will you consider building a dedicated rom for megabit version of tronsmart R68 with dual boot?
                        If Tronsmart can give me their latest SDK and support, maybe.
                        But they provide nothing(hope it will change in the future). Why would I help them if they refuse to help me?
                        Other companies give much better technical support.
                        Doesn't this dual-boot ROM already work for you?

Comment

Hi, i'm new with android tv box, so sorry for my question if it is obvious, i have the beelink r68 which i belive is the same a a tronsmart r68g (the giga lan version). Will this rom works for me?. Also will the instruction on the first post of http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...plant-your-rom aply?
                          Thanks and sorry for asking this?

Comment

Originally posted by lonix View Post
                            Guys,

Today I release modded GeekBox Dual Boot rom.

changes from original:

- TWRP Installed first boot
                            - Zidoo Kodi 16 installed first boot
                            - Swap Youtube app with OGYoutube
                            - Added L3 WideVine DRM
                            - Uses recompiled kernels for both Android and Lubuntu.
                            - Changed partition structure to suit 8GB NAND (untested, please report back)
                            Hi lonix

Please could you tell me how you got the "L3 WideVine DRM" installed? I am in need of this DRM to be able to stream my local sport service.

kind regards
                            cyber7
                            kind regards
                            cyber7 (aka Aubrey Kloppers; Cape Town; South Africa)
                            http://www.cyber7.co.za / http://aubreykloppers.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by lonix View Post
                              Guys,

Today I release modded GeekBox Dual Boot rom.

changes from original:

- TWRP Installed first boot
                              - Zidoo Kodi 16 installed first boot
                              - Swap Youtube app with OGYoutube
                              - Added L3 WideVine DRM
                              - Uses recompiled kernels for both Android and Lubuntu.
                              - Changed partition structure to suit 8GB NAND (untested, please report back)

What works:

- IR Remote in both Android and Lubuntu (MAC_Kodi works nicely too)
                              - WiFi + Bluetooth for R68 Meta ap6335
                              - Power Controls (Power off etc)

What Doesnt:

- Please Report

Thanks to GeekBox for everthing, and Zidoo for Their work too. Special Thanks to mac_l1 for his work on kodi for ubuntu.

Download Here

Nice release .. I have "re-modded" your L3 implementation into another dualOS release for Geekbox.

Thanks !

Comment

Hi All, is development of this Dual boot ROM ended? Also, is there ever going to be a Windows 10/Android combination of Dual boot ROM?
                                Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta
                                CS968 -> HTC_T018 v4 20131216 with MTK
                                GM282 (aka CX 919 II aka J22) - dead

Comment

Working...
                                X