UT4 OTG port doesn't work, can't upgrade firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT4 OTG port doesn't work, can't upgrade firmware

I have tried to follow the firmware upgrade guide for my UT4 but no luck. Disconnect power on the UT4, plug the provided USB cable into the OTG port, plug into my PC. Press and hold Recovery button, plug power back into UT4, wait...

The UT4 boots up into its Recovery menu, but no USB device ever shows up on my PC. So there's no device for ADB to talk to and no device for the firmware utility to talk to. Has anyone else successfully upgraded their UT4? I'm also wondering if they shipped a broken USB cable since the USB ports all work fine in a normal bootup. Also, whose dumb idea was it to ship a Recovery firmware that doesn't let you install upgrades from MicroSD card? Super-annoyed at this device and the lack of customer support from Ugoos.

Originally posted by hyc View Post
    I have tried to follow the firmware upgrade guide for my UT4 but no luck. Disconnect power on the UT4, plug the provided USB cable into the OTG port, plug into my PC. Press and hold Recovery button, plug power back into UT4, wait...

The UT4 boots up into its Recovery menu, but no USB device ever shows up on my PC. So there's no device for ADB to talk to and no device for the firmware utility to talk to. Has anyone else successfully upgraded their UT4? I'm also wondering if they shipped a broken USB cable since the USB ports all work fine in a normal bootup. Also, whose dumb idea was it to ship a Recovery firmware that doesn't let you install upgrades from MicroSD card? Super-annoyed at this device and the lack of customer support from Ugoos.
    You probably need to install the USB drivers again.
    Don't use USB 3 ports, disable power saving mode on the USB ports in Device Manager.
    Use a back USB port on your PC, not from a Laptop or USB HUB.
    If the USB cable is not working for you, just swap the 2 sides and plug the other end into the UT4.
    New v0.0.3 firmware updates through OTA so no need to flash it.
    Here is the v0.0.2 firmware and flashing guide
    http://ugoos.net/blog/UT4-rk3368-fir...-ugoossettings
    Always best to follow on UGOOS's own website.

Comment

I only have a laptop. There are no USB drivers to install since I'm using Linux. The v0.0.3 firmware can only install OTA if you already have 0.0.2, since it uses the 0.0.2 partition layout.

Comment

The UT4 boots up into its Recovery menu, but no USB device ever shows up on my PC.
        Try to use other usb port on your laptop, flexion and extension USB cable, swap the 2 sides of USB cable.
        If you have firmware v0.0.1.b or later, you can select "reboot to bootloader" of power menu.

I only have a laptop. There are no USB drivers to install since I'm using Linux. The v0.0.3 firmware can only install OTA if you already have 0.0.2, since it uses the 0.0.2 partition layout.
        If you use Linux, you can use this tool for flash firmware. For upgrading you need execute this command: #upgrade_tool uf <path_to_image_file>
        The v0.0.3.b firmware you can get from this topic.
        Last edited by Serega Ugoos; 02-07-2016, 20:26.

Comment

I had already downloaded the Linux upgrade tool, thanks. But it was useless since the kernel didn't see the UT4 on any USB port.

I have it working now, the problem was the USB cable that was bundled with the UT4. I bought a new USB cable on Amazon, the PC was able to see the UT4 using the new cable but the bundled cable is useless.

For 140 euro I would have expected a package with a working cable. And a Recovery system that can load files from the microSD card.

Comment

Working...
          X