UT4- IR remote problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT4- IR remote problem

My ugoos ut4 just arrived in the mail today and so far I'm very pleased. It plays all my media ( including the HD videos my mk808b couldn't) flawlessly over WiFi. The only problem I'm having is with the IR remote that came with it. It seems the remote only works from a distance of about 4 to 5 feet and my couch is as about 6 to 7 feet from the TV, so I'm having to stretch forward or stand up to get it to work. I tried changing the batteries but that didn't work, is this a problem with the firmware or the remote ( defective remote or bad design?). Also can I use a universal remote control (if it does can you share the code) or will it only work with the factory remote?

Originally posted by DannyCalifornia View Post
    My ugoos ut4 just arrived in the mail today and so far I'm very pleased. It plays all my media ( including the HD videos my mk808b couldn't) flawlessly over WiFi. The only problem I'm having is with the IR remote that came with it. It seems the remote only works from a distance of about 4 to 5 feet and my couch is as about 6 to 7 feet from the TV, so I'm having to stretch forward or stand up to get it to work. I tried changing the batteries but that didn't work, is this a problem with the firmware or the remote ( defective remote or bad design?). Also can I use a universal remote control (if it does can you share the code) or will it only work with the factory remote?
    Get an airmouse like this, it works great, then you also have a keyboard to type on.
    It works through a wifi signal so it has very far range and the airmouse doesn't have to be pointed to the tv box as with an IR remote.

In the firmware settings of the tv box, there is also Fireasy.
    You can download the app to your phone and use your phone as a remote for the tv box, connected by wifi.
    It also works great.
    You can move your phone in the air to move the mouse pointer or use touch commands or button presses in the app.

You can also teach any universal learning IR remote the IR commands of the IR remote of the tv box, it should also work.

Also check in Android Settings if you have the latest firmware installed, otherwise download it from here.
    ugoos, rockchip, rk3368, update, ugoos_settings, gamepad_settings,

It should also be possible to do an OTA update on the tv box itself.

Comment

Hi all

my is crappy to it works better with my UT3.So Mo's Hint is the best way to control your Box.Hope for 1.1.4. Update.

that's it

gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by DannyCalifornia View Post
        Hello. Try our new firmware https://mega.nz/#!eUYQDYjR!asSfhVlY3...2BWFLj0Cd8ErOQ
        It contains changes for IR remote also. I hope this helps you.
        Also about release you can reed there: http://ugoos.net/blog/ugoos-ut4-upda..._tv-ugoos_kodi

Comment

I posted recently about the same thing. Just having received mine a month ago at most. I thought I had a knockoff box one where the remote is incompatible. But it is just that the remote only worked from about 2ft away for me. Literally almost an arms length with the remote in hand. But I already had an airmouse from my UG802. it works perfectly as did my bluetooth mouse from my laptop which i had to use to get things set up Fireasy ?? not sure that was very useful at all. and I haven't tried setting up droidmote on it yet for real. Installaed the server initially nad it didn't start up. Sure there is a quirk to read up on.

Comment

While I cannot know if your remote issue is the same, I think this box has the same type of case the UT3+ has. I have found that the case itself interferes with the IR remote. Its design restricts the remote's signal(beam). I have modded the UT3+ case, and since then, the IR remote works very well.

Comment

Have you tried the latest firmware?
              my remote control works with 7 meters about.
              and maybe more

Comment

Originally posted by Serega Ugoos View Post
                Have you tried the latest firmware?
                my remote control works with 7 meters about.
                and maybe more
                Please reference which version you consider the latest firmware. I received 1.1.4 on device as OTA within the first week of owning.

Comment

Working...
                X