Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gefattern View Post
    Hi jit18 ,

i tried it with MagiskManager , but it only downloaded the .zip , to install

with a working TWRP . I dont have TWRP installed and dont know if a

working TWRP for RK3368 exist .

have a nice Day

gefattern
    Hi gefattern, did you try to flash the magisk.zip through flashify?

Latest Stable Magisk Version: v13.3
    Latest Magisk Manager Version: v5.1.1

Comment

Hi jit18 ,

No i did not , did you test it ??? I am now on latest HPH Rom from Mo and already restored ,

then i dont test things like that anymore , only with old or new flashed Roms (before restore) .

have a nice Day

gefattern

Comment

Just flashed this excellent ROM - many thanks MO! It's far better than the buggy Ugoos one.

The only issue for me is that the power-on button does not work. Is there a way to solve this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by glaven View Post
          Just flashed this excellent ROM - many thanks MO! It's far better than the buggy Ugoos one.

The only issue for me is that the power-on button does not work. Is there a way to solve this problem?
          Please check if the ROM here works for you and has correct power off.
          Short press power on ir remote for sleep/standby, long press power to select shutdown.
          Then I'll try to make an updated UT4 one later.

Comment

Thanks MO. I'll flash it and report back.

Comment

Hi MO many thanks. The ROM works really well and I can now turn it on with the power-on button! The only minor issue is that the fan is on all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by glaven View Post
                Hi MO many thanks. The ROM works really well and I can now turn it on with the power-on button! The only minor issue is that the fan is on all the time.
                Hi

The fan integration is a bit difficult since I don't have the correct patches to add it.
                But maybe there is a way to add the Geekbox fan settings and it might work on UT4 devices too.

Ugoos released a new launcher, so something interesting I can use in a new UT4 ROM
                Last edited by gefattern; 09-07-2017, 16:19.

Comment

I was forced to upgrade to Android 6 or above becouse of some app compatibility on my Andoer Z4. I didn't find anything on the web so I tried out flashing firmwares of different machines with similar hardware. The one for Zidoo X6 didn't work at all but the one customized by Mo123 for Ugoos UT4 seems to work quite well. Two problems: the original IR remote control doesn't work (I don't bother, never used it) and the power button has a strange behavior. You must keep it pressed for all the time you want the machine to be on (obviously impossible to do). I solved this big problem observing that when the box is plugged with it's OTG on a USB hub the power remains on (the power button doesn't work but at least the machine is on). In conclusion I plug the OTG to the other USB of the machine (or to the USB of the TVset or whatever USB in the nearby) and switch the machine on with the button. To shut down or to put to sleep I use the menu function. To repower up I need sometimes to pull out and reinsert one plug (DC or USB). All of this isn't particularly comfortable but works. Hope this can be usefull. If somebody solved ina more elegant way please let me know

UT4 RK3368 Marshmallow ROM (19-04-2017) Changelog - Fixed bluetooth sound playing on both bluetooth and tv speakers at the same time to only play via bluetooth. -

Comment

Originally posted by neviox View Post
                    I was forced to upgrade to Android 6 or above becouse of some app compatibility on my Andoer Z4. I didn't find anything on the web so I tried out flashing firmwares of different machines with similar hardware. The one for Zidoo X6 didn't work at all but the one customized by Mo123 for Ugoos UT4 seems to work quite well. Two problems: the original IR remote control doesn't work (I don't bother, never used it) and the power button has a strange behavior. You must keep it pressed for all the time you want the machine to be on (obviously impossible to do). I solved this big problem observing that when the box is plugged with it's OTG on a USB hub the power remains on (the power button doesn't work but at least the machine is on). In conclusion I plug the OTG to the other USB of the machine (or to the USB of the TVset or whatever USB in the nearby) and switch the machine on with the button. To shut down or to put to sleep I use the menu function. To repower up I need sometimes to pull out and reinsert one plug (DC or USB). All of this isn't particularly comfortable but works. Hope this can be usefull. If somebody solved ina more elegant way please let me know

UT4 RK3368 Marshmallow ROM (19-04-2017) Changelog - Fixed bluetooth sound playing on both bluetooth and tv speakers at the same time to only play via bluetooth. -
                    Hi ,

please , no need to make a extra Thread if you want to talk about this Rom , so i moved your Post

to this one , somewhere here you can find a Link for a A7 Rom for RK3368 , tried it on my UT4 , but

no Wifi , maybe it works on your Box ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

thank you. I'll give it a try

Comment

Originally posted by neviox View Post
                        thank you. I'll give it a try
                        Hi ,

check Rom from Post #64 , and read the Threads first for useful Info ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hi,

is there somne possibility that somebody will make an update including RTL8723BS chip support?
                          I have some ugoos clone with RTL lan wifi bt chip and i cant use your ROM, which runs super smooth on my box.

Someone will help?

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Hi

The fan integration is a bit difficult since I don't have the correct patches to add it.
                            But maybe there is a way to add the Geekbox fan settings and it might work on UT4 devices too.

Ugoos released a new launcher, so something interesting I can use in a new UT4 ROM
                            Hi mo123,
                            I am using the HPH firmware and I have the same issue with the fan.
                            Are you planning to release an update for UT4 that will include all the goods of HPH but will include all ugoos features like fan?

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                            X