Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rockchip Create Upgrade Disk Tool v1.4 helps you to install firmware on Rockchip device from Micro SD card

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rockchip Create Upgrade Disk Tool v1.4 helps you to install firmware on Rockchip device from Micro SD card

Download Rockchip Create Upgrade Disk Tool v1.4 from

HowTo
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

I tried this and it works, however it will not fix a damaged nand. Nice little tool! Hopefully there will be an update to create a boot sd. I tried several times but it wouldn't go for me.
      Currently Inactive on Freaktab.com
      I use: MK903V | MELE F10 Deluxe | Roku 3600R
      RIP: MK808b | MK809III | PIPO M9 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by budgetgeek View Post
        I tried this and it works, however it will not fix a damaged nand. Nice little tool! Hopefully there will be an update to create a boot sd. I tried several times but it wouldn't go for me.
        The easiest way to solve this, without need of short circuit of the NAND pins, is to use Rockchip Create Upgrade Disk Tool v1.4 to make a bootable micro SD card with your device stock firmware. So download Rockchip Create Upgrade Disk Tool v1.4, download your device stock firmware, launch the application, in first step select an micro SD card as removable disk to be used, tick 'Upgrade firmware' and 'SD Boot', then Click 'Firmware' and a pop up window will open. Select firmware image .img file and press 'Create' button. Wait about 3-4 minute and you're done.
        Now put the micro SD card in your Rockchip RK3288 device and power on. Now you will be able to enter into recovery.
        Download 'Unbrick RK3288 devices' archive from here or from here, decompress it and copy the two files update.zip and update1.zip to (another) micro SD card.

From recovery you have to use an USB keyboard or an air mouse and navigate to 'Recovery update from external storage' and first choose 'update.zip', then follow the procedure again and select update1.zip. Next press on 'Reboot system now', and your RK3288 will restart with firmware installed.

Now follow the regular procedure and flash back to your RK3288 stock firmware, everything should be back to normal now.

Comment

It's an RK3188 M9Pro by Pipo. I tried to create boot sd but it would stop when trying to extract the system.img on both 4.2 and 4.4. I'll have a shot at it again later, but in stock recovery the touch did not work, however, I did not try the OTG remote.

Comment

Originally posted by Renixo View Post
            The easiest way to solve this, without need of short circuit of the NAND pins, is to use Rockchip Create Upgrade Disk Tool v1.4 to make a bootable micro SD card with your device stock firmware. So download Rockchip Create Upgrade Disk Tool v1.4, download your device stock firmware, launch the application, in first step select an micro SD card as removable disk to be used, tick 'Upgrade firmware' and 'SD Boot', then Click 'Firmware' and a pop up window will open. Select firmware image .img file and press 'Create' button. Wait about 3-4 minute and you're done.
            Now put the micro SD card in your Rockchip RK3288 device and power on. Now you will be able to enter into recovery.
            Download 'Unbrick RK3288 devices' archive from here or from here, decompress it and copy the two files update.zip and update1.zip to (another) micro SD card.

From recovery you have to use an USB keyboard or an air mouse and navigate to 'Recovery update from external storage' and first choose 'update.zip', then follow the procedure again and select update1.zip. Next press on 'Reboot system now', and your RK3288 will restart with firmware installed.

Now follow the regular procedure and flash back to your RK3288 stock firmware, everything should be back to normal now.
            Dear Renixo can you make a vidoe of Rockchip Create Upgrade Disk Tool v1.4 helps you to install firmware on Rockchip device from Micro SD card so that is easy for me to follow Thank you very much. My devices (Beelink R89 Rk3288 Rooted)
            Last edited by Gayble; 03-07-2015, 12:17.
            Compassion Humble
            请培养慈悲心和谦逊
            Best regards : Gayble

Comment

Thanks for the info, this is useful
              Team UX
              http://www.ultimatexbmc.com/

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-ULTIMATE-XBMC

Comment

Originally posted by Gayble View Post
                Dear Renixo can you make a vidoe of Rockchip Create Upgrade Disk Tool v1.4 helps you to install firmware on Rockchip device from Micro SD card so that is easy for me to follow Thank you very much. My devices (Beelink R89 Rk3288 Rooted)
                Sorry guy, there is no need for a video, if you don't understand the howto at post #2 I think you shouldn't try to update your box...
                RK3288 Devices
                - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by Gayble View Post
                  Here it seems to me that it is explained very clearly and simply:

Comment

It looks like a very handy tool. I think I will stick with the AndroidTool flashing method for now, though. I like having options of different parameter files and different recovery/boot images to flash in my ROM's.
                    Randy
                    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by Renixo View Post
                      Here it seems to me that it is explained very clearly and simply:
                      http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f906...ualok-1786042/
                      Dear Renixo just to double reconfirm with you when i start up Create Upgrade Disk Tool v1.4 and it have a extra column call (Fourth:Choose demo (option)) can you please kindly explain to me and you can see the attach photo i mark in red color box.

Question 1)When i start up Create Upgrade Disk Tool v1.4 and it have a extra column call (Fourth:Choose demo (option)) can you please kindly explain to me

Question 2)Do this method able to work on (Beelink R89 Rk3288 Rooted Tv Box)

Question 3)Do you have TWRP img or CWM img for (Beelink R89 Rk3288 Rooted) if yes please give it to me thank you.
                      Attached Files
                      Compassion Humble
                      请培养慈悲心和谦逊
                      Best regards : Gayble

Comment

I found an updated version, 1.43, and it flashed the whole image but it hangs on the parameter flash first, re format the card and try again and it works but can't boot. I know the stick mk809iii works, and the card works, I flashed linux and booted it. I need the android image to work because it can set the appropriate resolution on my tv, and has the right wifi module.

Can anyone else try it?

Here is link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9n...Tool._v1.43.7z
                        Last edited by budgetgeek; 08-19-2015, 03:07. Reason: linking

Comment

It doesn't boot with the SD inserted.
                          No signal on hdmi
                          When I remove the SD it boots fine after turning the power on.

Comment

If I understand correctly the 1st part of the Renixo's guide is to allow entering to the recovery?

If I am able to enter the recovery do I need to perform only the 2nd part?

Thanks

Comment

The program does not recognize my sd card help

Comment

Working...
                              X