Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rockchip Create Upgrade Disk Tool v1.4 helps you to install firmware on Rockchip device from Micro SD card

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

how did you use it , like "Renxio" discribed , both checked ??? ,

but what is your Problem with your Box , can it not be restored

by Flashtool and Stockrom ??? "Maskrommode"

greetings / gefattern
    Hi

I tried checked, not checked, both checked, everything. Always crashes with error "SD_Firmware_Tool stoppped working"
    My box firmware upgrade was unsuccesful, maybe I disconnected too fast.
    Now after connecting the power, the LED just flash up for a very short time, than nothing.
    I found this for maskrommode: "H96 MAX RK3399 Tv Box 4/32GB" #254.
    I am not sure how to do.

regards

Comment

Originally posted by Renixo View Post
      The easiest way to solve this, without need of short circuit of the NAND pins, is to use Rockchip Create Upgrade Disk Tool v1.4 to make a bootable micro SD card with your device stock firmware. So download Rockchip Create Upgrade Disk Tool v1.4, download your device stock firmware, launch the application, in first step select an micro SD card as removable disk to be used, tick 'Upgrade firmware' and 'SD Boot', then Click 'Firmware' and a pop up window will open. Select firmware image .img file and press 'Create' button. Wait about 3-4 minute and you're done.
      Now put the micro SD card in your Rockchip RK3288 device and power on. Now you will be able to enter into recovery.
      Download 'Unbrick RK3288 devices' archive from here or from here, decompress it and copy the two files update.zip and update1.zip to (another) micro SD card.

From recovery you have to use an USB keyboard or an air mouse and navigate to 'Recovery update from external storage' and first choose 'update.zip', then follow the procedure again and select update1.zip. Next press on 'Reboot system now', and your RK3288 will restart with firmware installed.

Now follow the regular procedure and flash back to your RK3288 stock firmware, everything should be back to normal now.
      Help me please! Im using 1.46 version of rockchip create upgrade disk tool because the 1.4 version go out. and then when I do all I get "block device required

Comment

How can I use this tool to rewrite loader? Currently my box is bricked after wrong firmware and no lights or boot screen shows up. pc doesn't detect it. After writing firmware with option "SD Boot" my box is able to enter recovery from sd card. I can also use reset button to enter loader mode but I can't flash anything. If I take out the sd card, box stops working and loader is not detected using reset button. Is it possible to update loader to correct one for the box itself?

Comment

Originally posted by Dabolx View Post
          How can I use this tool to rewrite loader? Currently my box is bricked after wrong firmware and no lights or boot screen shows up. pc doesn't detect it. After writing firmware with option "SD Boot" my box is able to enter recovery from sd card. I can also use reset button to enter loader mode but I can't flash anything. If I take out the sd card, box stops working and loader is not detected using reset button. Is it possible to update loader to correct one for the box itself?
          I have figured it out. After booting loader mode from sd card, I have used "AndroidTool_Release_v2.54" and in advanced functions It allows to enter into Mask Rom when you are in Loader mode. After that I was able to flash correct firmware. This process allows to fix loader and flash correct firmware for your device without shorting the pins.

P.S. For some reason the latest android tool version "RKDevTool_Release_v2.79" wasn't able to communicate with my device so I suggest to try several versions if it's not working for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dabolx View Post

I have figured it out. After booting loader mode from sd card, I have used "AndroidTool_Release_v2.54" and in advanced functions It allows to enter into Mask Rom when you are in Loader mode. After that I was able to flash correct firmware. This process allows to fix loader and flash correct firmware for your device without shorting the pins.

P.S. For some reason the latest android tool version "RKDevTool_Release_v2.79" wasn't able to communicate with my device so I suggest to try several versions if it's not working for you.
            Hi, I'm in the same situation as you were, how did you enter Mask Rom when it's in load mode and flash?

Comment

Originally posted by gabriel100 View Post

Hi, I'm in the same situation as you were, how did you enter Mask Rom when it's in load mode and flash?
              Read this tutorial that I made: https://forum.freaktab.com/node/823020

Comment

I did the procedure and it stays in loader ... I extract the card and when I install the rom it gives me idb fail ... my tv box must have another problem ... thanks for answering

Comment

Working...
                X