X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tools and Instructions Unbrick

Tools and Instructions for Unbrick from Ugoos

If you have problems with standard reflashing options, or your device had bricked

IMPORTANT: users can perform further manipulations only at their own risk, and only if all other reflashing options can’t help.

This option can help if your device got soft or hard bricked. If you want try to reflash your device for the first time please check THIS article

BEFORE START

What you need:

Image file

Host PC

USB OTG Cable

Supported host OS: Windows XP (32/64bit) Windows 7 (32/64bit) Windows 8 (32/64bit) Windows 10 (32/64bit)

The first thing you need is to download the archive with firmware. Inside archive, you find:

BatchTool or Android Tool - tool for reflashing

DriverAssitant - tool to install drivers and firmware image file

Firmware image

All actions before reflashing are the same with the

INSTALLING DRIVERS

Launch RK DriverAssitant and press “Install Driver”.

Apply all changes and warnings during installation until finishing message

CONNECTING TO PC in MASKROM MODE

Maskrom mode is reflashing way, when you block reading data from NAND using hardware short circuit of NAND pins.

1. Open device housing and detect NAND (is standalone chip with 48 pins on two sides) on PCBA. In some boxes you also need detached heatsink or cooler in order to reach NAND

2. Place PCBA in front of you so you can clearly read NAND’s name and board number

3. You should choose 6th-7th or 7th-8th pin from NAND bottom on the right side or 6th-7th or 7th-8th pin from first pin (first pin is marked on PCBA with a point or ) and circuit it during plugging to Host PC and powering on (check pin sequence for other devices very clearly)

Ugoos UM3 example

Ugoos UT3s example

Ugoos UT4 example

After circuit and attaching to host PC, Android tool will show you message in progress bar: Found one maskrom device.

Then start upgrade. The reflashing process should run several steps

You also can use Batch tool for this action. Device indication should turn blue instead of green for maskrom mode.

There are photos of several well spread NAND chips and circuit schemas:

Source: Ugoos
    Last edited by trebor; 01-09-2018, 00:04.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

trebor is the reason why this sticky is empty because there is no tool to unbrick?

I've just bricked my RK3288 box...

Comment

• scooter2014
      scooter2014 commented
      Editing a comment
      Kinda hard to brick these. Post a photo of board and the nan chip and Wi-Fi chip I'll see if we can help once we see those.

It doesn't get seen in flash tool at all? And how did you brick It?

• trebor
      trebor commented
      Editing a comment
      This thread was created in hope that it would get populated with idea's in one central location, but as you see nothing as yet maybe soon....Done

Hi ,

i am in the same Situation , my UT3 bricked , Problems with the IDB Sectors i think , but i am no Pro ,

has the RK3288 IDB , 4 or 5 Sectors , my ends after Sector 0-3 , so 4 , but Test says in the first Line

something from 0 1 2 3 4 , so total 5 , go on with testing to unbrick later .

Hint for "fishfreak" look for "Ugoos unbrick guide" on big G , really would post a link , but i can not

paste with Chrome inside this Side , strange .

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Thanks guys, but I think I overstated my situation in that the device is probably not bricked, just stuck in boot. I originally posted here:

Comment

• trebor
        trebor commented
        Editing a comment
        The tool above is what you need to reflash

Install
        load firmware
        Detect box and hit restore...
        Pretty much it..

Originally posted by fishfreak View Post
      Thanks guys, but I think I overstated my situation in that the device is probably not bricked, just stuck in boot. I originally posted here:
      http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-4gb-ddr3-32gb
      Thanks trebor , I hoped it would be something simple.

Will any male to male USB cable suffice?

Comment

Yep should be fine we hope,
        match the colours...
        Not sure what one is the OTG port on that box not flashed at a guess one closest to the power USB 4

Keep details and will post your results..
        treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Will do, thank you.

Is there a way to identify the OTG port once the box is connected?

Comment

Yes the connected devices last image of batch tool above will go yellow Number 1
            hit restore, should all happen...
            treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
              Yes the connected devices last image of batch tool above will go yellow Number 1
              hit restore, should all happen...
              trebor I finally got around to finding an old Windows machine at the office (I use a Mac at home).

But after installing driver, running the tool and loading the firmware image, I can't get the tool to pick up the box though any of the USB ports. It powers the box (red light comes on and changes to blue) but nothing else.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Comment

Are you using reset button on box to detect unit,
                Hold reset, Plug in USB, power on (may or may not power supply)

Not flashed myself, maybe other who have can assist.

treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                  Are you using reset button on box to detect unit,
                  Hold reset, Plug in USB, power on (may or may not power supply)

Not flashed myself, maybe other who have can assist.
                  Am doing all of that yes - tried all the ports.

Comment

Hi. How can I bridge / short the NAND on the PCB? The chip is different from what I found so far...
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200126_020342508.jpg
Views:	1453
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	796383Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200126_020657675.jpg
Views:	1428
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	796384Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200126_020649030.jpg
Views:	1474
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	796385 H96 max problem

I got h96 which got bricked itself. It was working fine for about 1h, then picture freezed and gone green. I've disconnected power and connect again.
                      From this point there is only a red light, no blue light at all.
                      I did try install new rom, it worked (well that's what the batch tool informed me, i' ve tried both upgrade and restore option, both ended with succes) but there is still only a red light and it wont start at all.
                      I think there is something wrong with the hardware itself and i have no clue what to do next.

Last edited by Lopez1979pl; 01-26-2020, 01:08.

Comment

Hi guys. Can anyone help me please with my issue described here? https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...askrom-bricked

Thanks,

Comment

Does enyone have firmware for Z11Pro I was trying to flash with usb burning tool but no results it stuck on 7% formatting. Please someone help.

Comment

Working...
                          X