Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TWRP Recovery for Rockchip devices

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
    A new TWRP 3.1.1-0 build for Rockchip RK3328 is available for testing here: TWRP3_RK3328-3.1.1-0.img

    On Rockchip devices, the offset to the bootloader message block in the /misc partition is 16384, rather than the usual zero or 2048. Unfortunately, support for BOARD_RECOVERY_BLDRMSG_OFFSET is broken pending a pull request that I've submitted.

    Also, there are about a dozen or so command-line arguments (wipe_data, wipe_cache, update_package, etc.) defined in Recovery.cpp, but Rockchip felt the need to add a custom one of their own, "wipe_all". I had to make some tweaks to twrp.cpp after the get_args() call to support that. Remember, the Rockchip RK33 bootloader calls recovery directly with this "wipe_all" command-line argument as part of the factory setup after flashing new firmware, so this really needs to be right or you'll end up with a TWRP boot loop.

    And for those brave souls who want to make changes or build for other Rockchip devices, I've provided the source on GitHub here:

    https://github.com/Magendanz/android_device_rockchip

    If you spot any issues, please let me know via PM.
    Hi I'm looking for a recovery for an rk3229 device can you help
    My Works @XDA:
    AVD Rom Xperia J The Way Stock Should Be
    Pre Root Xperia J 4.12
    Deodex Xperia L
    Deodex Xperia Z kitkat
    Stock Xperia Icon's For CM11

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by SwampEdge View Post
      Or do i just install it zipped ?
      Did you get this figured out yet to a working version
      Thnx
      Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by joeshmoe666 View Post
        Thanks anyway. I'll be sure to paste a link if I ever find something.
        Any options found out about a 3399 twrp apk?
        Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post

          Any options found out about a 3399 twrp apk?
          Is there anything useful that TWRP can do?
          You can already make a full backup of firmware on a PC. Don't think TWRP can flash bootloaders on Rockchip devices.
          You can't root with TWRP as updating SuperSU will result in a bootloop on RK3399 and other Rockchip devices.
          Overwriting the stock recovery means you won't be able to factory reset to solve problems in future.
          You will also not be able to receive and install ota updates from manufacturers if they go through recovery which is 90% of the case.

          Comment


          • Magendanz
            Magendanz commented
            Editing a comment
            If done right, TWRP can install OTA updates from the OEM (including bootloader images) and do factory resets. Check the notes on my RK3328 project for TWRP, though, because Rockchip does some very unusual things with their bootloader message block offset and custom command-line argument (wipe_all).

          #35
          Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
          A new TWRP 3.1.1-0 build for Rockchip RK3328 is available for testing here: TWRP3_RK3328-3.1.1-0.img

          On Rockchip devices, the offset to the bootloader message block in the /misc partition is 16384, rather than the usual zero or 2048. Unfortunately, support for BOARD_RECOVERY_BLDRMSG_OFFSET is broken pending a pull request that I've submitted.

          Also, there are about a dozen or so command-line arguments (wipe_data, wipe_cache, update_package, etc.) defined in Recovery.cpp, but Rockchip felt the need to add a custom one of their own, "wipe_all". I had to make some tweaks to twrp.cpp after the get_args() call to support that. Remember, the Rockchip RK33 bootloader calls recovery directly with this "wipe_all" command-line argument as part of the factory setup after flashing new firmware, so this really needs to be right or you'll end up with a TWRP boot loop.

          And for those brave souls who want to make changes or build for other Rockchip devices, I've provided the source on GitHub here:

          https://github.com/Magendanz/android_device_rockchip

          If you spot any issues, please let me know via PM.
          Can you please give some more details on how to install it with Android tool 2.52?

          Comment


            #36
            I registered here specifically to say thanks for this work.
            including the device tree is very helpful.

            Comment


            • Magendanz
              Magendanz commented
              Editing a comment
              I haven't converted this to the omni-twrp 8.1 branch yet, but it should be pretty straightforward. Just note the fix for the offset to the bootloader message block.

            #37
            I have Q7 RK3188 and tryed to flash TWRP with RKAndroidTool_v2.51. Flashing seems was ok, but when I reboot to recovery it was still standard stock..
            Any other way to flash TWRP or may be I need to use different tool ? Or if you have link to detailed guide how to flash TWRP please share.
            Thank you,

            Comment


              #38
              Originally posted by Vano3408 View Post
              I have Q7 RK3188 and tryed to flash TWRP with RKAndroidTool_v2.51. Flashing seems was ok, but when I reboot to recovery it was still standard stock..
              Any other way to flash TWRP or may be I need to use different tool ? Or if you have link to detailed guide how to flash TWRP please share.
              Thank you,
              Hi ,

              for RK3188 you can use the App "Arctool" , or similar , i think , simplest Way to install ,

              good luck / gefattern

              Comment


                #39
                Originally posted by onelovekir View Post
                Hi Magendanz, is there a guide on how to install twrp? I have an A5X Pro with RK3328 and I want to give this a try. thanks!
                hello!

                Just received a HLQ box (InnoxPlay supplier) equipped with RK3328. The firmware (Jan 2019) incredibly has no "Update & Backup" build in APK. May you help me in sideloading the original one? Basically I would need the APK extracted by some other similar box.

                Thank you.
                T.

                Magendanz please help me

                Comment


                  #40
                  This TWRP does not work on 8.1 android (it does work on 7.1.2 though)....anyone seen a TWRP that will work on Android for this BOX...MX10 PRO???

                  Comment


                    #41
                    Originally posted by raruba View Post
                    This TWRP does not work on 8.1 android (it does work on 7.1.2 though)....anyone seen a TWRP that will work on Android for this BOX...MX10 PRO???
                    Hi raruba,

                    how did you install the TWRP on your MX10 box?

                    Comment


                      #42
                      with the official TWRP app....worked fine when Ihad android 7.1.2 on there.

                      thanks for reply traversone

                      Comment


                        #43
                        8.1 must be a completely different animal. 8.1 has some bugs with the mouse use also.

                        Comment


                        • Magendanz
                          Magendanz commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yeah, I'll take a look at building a TWRP for Oreo, since I've got a RK3328 box with an 8.1 ROM. Pretty low priority, though.

                        #44
                        Traversone:

                        How would you suggest installing it?

                        Comment


                          #45
                          Remember MX10 Pro not MX10...2 different boxes.

                          Comment

                          porno
                          pornolar
                          turk porno
                          antalya escort
                          Working...
                          X