This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Magendanz
    hey, I got TWRP 3.1.1 working on my t9 rk3328 with rock64 androind 9.0 (PIE) firmware. the ramdisk and display is not working properly but it gets the job done. I used few xda android kitchen and rockchip's SecureBootTool_v1.94 , rk_sign_tool_v1.3 to sign the whole firmware. and it got it working. I installed the pacman gapps. with rock64 sotck firmware it runs smooth. I used rk3318 boot file because rock64 was not booting.
    Just wanted to let yall know TWRP boots and you can make thing happen if you search for android kitchen scripts and few rock chip tools from github. It too me 2 days of trying different things.
    Also magick does not work.

Put in the loader mode (with adb reboot loader or by pushing the pins) -> use rk tools to loaded img (i packed it with rock64 firmware and signed it)--> tv box starts ---> reboot to loader ---> just flash recovery section --> start---> reboot to recovery (adb reboot recovery) and flash pa gapps.

If it does goes smooth I will compile the rktool flash firmware later.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190813_065113495 (Large).jpg
Views:	6532
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	780981
    Here is the stuff I put together. I did not coded the ramdisk and stuff. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190813_062703558 (Large).jpg
Views:	6548
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	780980
    Attached Files

Comment

• mo123
      mo123 commented
      Editing a comment
      Why do you have to sign the firmware and also use rk3318 files?
      Won't it cause permanently bricked devices if people flash it and then never be able to flash other unsigned firmware again?
      Firmware sign tools are extremely dangerous to use.
      Android Pie has built-in support for Magisk and TWRP, no need to develop it yourself.

well rk3328 and rk3318 are same only difference, i read, is that they fixed some gpu bug in rk3328 and made rk3318. But the arm instruction set are same. The rk3318 roms works on rk3328.
    No signing the firmware is not dangerous. If you have your key you can sign and flash any partition. The only thing of signing is to pervert random images to be flashed (usually oem do it). But in these tv boxes because when you get full .img files it completely rewrites emmc or nand (parmater.txt). This is like edl mode, qd loader, and firehose in qlcom devices ( CPU ROM CODE section). which is maskmode in rk devices.
    watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY7OlY0OW2Q

The Magisk does not work in tv boxes because of magisk does not patch the boot img file.

Comment

i am trying to accomplish the same for a H96 MAX RK3318. Flashed the recovery of RK3328 via the update.zip/TF card method but ended up with a dead TV-box, had to reflash the original ROM to get it going again. Would it be possible for you to give some more step-by-step hints how you did it? Can you upload somwhere your recovery.img?

Update: second try went better: now I have at least some errors on the screen:
      Attached Files
      Last edited by kadzsol; 08-31-2019, 23:00.

Comment

I have managed to write twrp.rk3328-3.1.1-0.img to the recovery partition (starting at 0x0003f000 for my H96 Max RK3318) with Rkdevtool 2.52 (AndroidTool_Release_v2.52.zip). Unfortunately, if I reboot to recovery (using the app QuickReboot for this), it does not boot. Just normal android system starts up instead. :-(

Comment

Buongiorno a tutti. Sono Italiano e possiedo un tv box H96 MAX+ versione 4\64 con RK3328 e chipset HS2734 e sto cercando di installare la twrp per poter procedere all'installazione di Magisk. Ho provato a mettere la TWRP per i rk3328 ma si blocca il tv box in schermata nera. Inoltre non ho trovato per il mio dispositivo una versione Android 9.0 adatta per l'aggiornamento. Ho scritto al produttore ma non mi considera. Non so piu come fare...

Comment

• gefattern
            gefattern commented
            Editing a comment
            English please , thanks / gefattern

Goodmorning everyone. I am Italian and I own a TV box H96 MAX + version 4 64 with RK3328 and chipset HS2734 and I am trying to install the twrp in order to proceed with the installation of Magisk. I tried to put the TWRP for the rk3328 but the TV box crashes in black screen. I also didn't find an Android 9.0 version suitable for my device. I wrote to the producer but he doesn't consider me. Not so more as a fare ...

Comment

Originally posted by nappi9 View Post
            Goodmorning everyone. I am Italian and I own a TV box H96 MAX + version 4 64 with RK3328 and chipset HS2734 and I am trying to install the twrp in order to proceed with the installation of Magisk. I tried to put the TWRP for the rk3328 but the TV box crashes in black screen. I also didn't find an Android 9.0 version suitable for my device. I wrote to the producer but he doesn't consider me. Not so more as a fare ...
            Ciao.....Thanks for the translation! ....I can Now converse in Italiano . MA mi demi. Ciao!
            Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post

Ciao.....Thanks for the translation! ....I can Now converse in Italiano . MA mi demi. Ciao!
              Mi puoi aiutare?
              Buongiorno a tutti. Sono Italiano e possiedo un tv box H96 MAX+ versione 4\64 con RK3328 e chipset HS2734 e sto cercando di installare la twrp per poter procedere all'installazione di Magisk. Ho provato a mettere la TWRP per i rk3328 ma si blocca il tv box in schermata nera. Inoltre non ho trovato per il mio dispositivo una versione Android 9.0 adatta per l'aggiornamento. Ho scritto al produttore ma non mi considera. Non so piu come fare...

Comment

Originally posted by nappi9 View Post
                Buongiorno a tutti. ..
                ​​​​​​...
                Faccio uno scherzo
                Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Is there anything useful that TWRP can do?
                  You can already make a full backup of firmware on a PC. Don't think TWRP can flash bootloaders on Rockchip devices.
                  You can't root with TWRP as updating SuperSU will result in a bootloop on RK3399 and other Rockchip devices.
                  Overwriting the stock recovery means you won't be able to factory reset to solve problems in future.
                  You will also not be able to receive and install ota updates from manufacturers if they go through recovery which is 90% of the case.
                  Hi mo123 How can We make a full backup of firmware from PC? If it possible from PC I dont need to search twrp for tv box

Comment

Fixed
                    Last edited by totalgaara; 11-23-2019, 09:38.

Comment

Hi All !

Any update about TWRP for RK3328 on Oreo/Pie?

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by traversone View Post
                        Hi All !

Any update about TWRP for RK3328 on Oreo/Pie?

Thank you.
                        Also looking forward to an update...

Comment

Hi @Magendanz

I tried to install the zip on my box (T9 RK3328 with Android 8.1 Build V8.20181213), but it show errors in this part:

mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/ff520000.rksdmmc/by-name/system", "/system");

I check my /dev/block/platform/, it's ff520000.dwmmc

how to change the zip scrip file?

I tried to edit the twrp.rk3328-3.1.1-0-signed\META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script

but when I install the zip again, an Error on signature verification failed.

can you help me with how to sign the zip file?

Comment

Howto boot recovery img from SD? Same way like AMLOGIC? Kind regards

Comment

Working...
                            X