This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TWRP Recovery for Rockchip devices

A new TWRP 3.1.1-0 build for Rockchip RK3328 is available for testing here: TWRP3_RK3328-3.1.1-0.img

On Rockchip devices, the offset to the bootloader message block in the /misc partition is 16384, rather than the usual zero or 2048. Unfortunately, support for BOARD_RECOVERY_BLDRMSG_OFFSET is broken pending a pull request that I've submitted.

Also, there are about a dozen or so command-line arguments (wipe_data, wipe_cache, update_package, etc.) defined in Recovery.cpp, but Rockchip felt the need to add a custom one of their own, "wipe_all". I had to make some tweaks to twrp.cpp after the get_args() call to support that. Remember, the Rockchip RK33 bootloader calls recovery directly with this "wipe_all" command-line argument as part of the factory setup after flashing new firmware, so this really needs to be right or you'll end up with a TWRP boot loop.

And for those brave souls who want to make changes or build for other Rockchip devices, I've provided the source on GitHub here:

Device configuration for building TWRP on Rockchip reference boards - GitHub - Magendanz/android_device_rockchip: Device configuration for building TWRP on Rockchip reference boards

If you spot any issues, please let me know via PM.

Just FYI, I updated the build in the link above to remove the damn TWRP App install prompts. I just find them annoying, in a very Microsoft kind of way.

Comment

Hi Magendanz, is there a guide on how to install twrp? I have an A5X Pro with RK3328 and I want to give this a try. thanks!

Rockin' the 'ish outta Android!!
      KIRk Out!!

Comment

Thanks Magendanz but my A5X has an issue in stock recovery where is can't mount the sdcard because unknown volume for path [/sdcard]. any suggestions? can I just update the recovery using Rockchip Android Tool?

KIRk Out!!

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, I've seen that bug on several of my RK3328 devices and it's really annoying. The solution is to use the update application from the system partition and select the local .zip file just like you would an OTA system update.

forgive me but its been a while since I've had these boxes, do I do that from the recovery or from within Android?

Edit: nevermind, I think I remember. I have to rename it to update.zip and then reboot right?

KIRk Out!!

Comment

ok I did it but it didn't install the recovery, even though it said it was successful. what should I try now? thanks again for your help

Edit: I figured it out through the Rockchip Android Tool. Thanks again for this!
        Last edited by onelovekir; 10-03-2017, 01:07.

KIRk Out!!

Comment

This thread is an awesome idea. Any chance a TWRP recovery exists for the Yundoo Y8 (RK3399)? I have been looking all day with no luck. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            I tried to build one for superceleron a few weeks back, but had no luck. Difficult to do without the actual hardware for testing.

• superceleron
            superceleron commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, the same logic applied to the 3328 dont work on 3399...

Thanks anyway. I'll be sure to paste a link if I ever find something.

Comment

Der Guys Ich own a MXQ PRO 4K BOX RK3229. Could you pls advise where to get a twrp Version for that device?

Kind regards

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't have a RK3229 device, and so I really can't be of much help. Have you looked into building your own?

Sample project files and instructions on how to build your own TWRP are here: https://github.com/Magendanz/android_device_rockchip

What about Rockchip rk3229 devices

Comment

Hello. Can anyone help with how to install the twrp on my MX10 tvbox? I just want to install magisk because i want to use an app which crashes with rooted devices.

Comment

Hello
                i can install TWRP3_RK3328-3.1.1-0.img with Official TWRP App

Comment

yes I could and I installed it

Comment

TWRP for RK3399
                    (Alfawise H96 max rk3399_box)
                    Hey, I saw this kicked around on another Forum: recovery_rk3399_box-110418.img

It came from here: https://twrpbuilder.github.io/downloads/twrp/

Comment

Originally posted by Wyle View Post
                      TWRP for RK3399
                      (Alfawise H96 max rk3399_box)
                      Hey, I saw this kicked around on another Forum: recovery_rk3399_box-110418.img

It came from here: https://twrpbuilder.github.io/downloads/twrp/
                      how to install?

Comment

Working...
                      X