Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MX PLUS II RK3229 4K Bluetooth 4.0 TV BOX 1G/8G 4K 10bit H.265/H.264 Smart Media Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MX PLUS II RK3229 4K Bluetooth 4.0 TV BOX 1G/8G 4K 10bit H.265/H.264 Smart Media Player

Click image for larger version

Name:	30vhfe9.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	557912

Android 4.4
    Rockchip RK3229 quad core Cortex-A7 Up to 1.5GHz
    Mali-400MP; OpenGL ES 2.0
    1GB DDRIII & 8GB Samsung eMMC
    IEEE 802.11 b/g/n 2.4G WiFi RTL8723BS
    Bluetooth 4.0 support
    HDMI 2.0 for 4K@60Hz with HDCP 1.4/2.2
    4K 10bit H.265/H.264 video decoder.

treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

One of these little beasty arrived at the door today.
    And I must say only being a 1/8 gb unit it seemed to motor along very well.
    Plug in and switch all easy, and set up

I had some issue with an on screen message HDMI connect and disconnect for the first 10 minutes of so, after putting into AUTO all was fine.
    My Sony was telling me the input was 1080 @10bit unsure I have seen that on the TV more on this when i find out what its all about.

Set up Internet via Google and did the updates all nice and easy and installed a few apps all working well on 2.4g good speed.

As you test these boxes you get a feel of how long things take todo setting up Internet, downloading updates and the way things install.
    I was impressed that this little beasty was doing it rather well with minimal fuss and bother.

Whats in the box
    Click image for larger version

Name:	WITB.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	559701

More to come

Last edited by trebor; 03-09-2016, 08:38.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Testing time after loading on the usual testers seems appear ok some number maybe down first rom no tweeks...
      Runs cool also idle is about 27c upto to 40c when things are happening.

Standard UI or you can choose the Mbox Style.

Small App to clear memory if required, and the usual task bar thingos.

Wi-Fi test Ok

more to come

treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I just ordered this box from Geekbuying for $30 shipped...what release of Kodi is installed and how does it work with Rockchip? hope all the media listed in spec is available for smooth HW playback in Kodi...

Comment

The Unit I have has Vidon installed,
          I am yet to do any test with this Version
          I tested Plex playback was as expected
          I also connected to Netflix, no DRM but was very watchable here.
          More test later.
          Cheers

treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Thanks! I just noticed: On your first pic, there is somethng that looks like an extrenal wifi antena not seen on product pictures...what gives????

Comment

From a different supplier you may need to ask if they have this model with external Antenna.
              Cheers
              treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Well, my MX PLUS II arrived a few days ago...it doesn't have the external antenna and Kodi support for this chip is lacking enormously...as the bundled video player (and MX player) do play 4K 10 bit HEVC and h.264 videos rather well and smooth, the pre-installed VidOn (a Kodi variant) has no HW support for 4K and/or HEVC capabilities, adjust-refresh rate doesn't work, de-interlacing is of "discard field" type so bad for sports acestreams...there is also an annoying bug that no Kodi version, except SPMC, recognizes an external USB 3.0 HDD unless manually accessing the mount...

but the worst disappointment is the lack of advertised features depictied in the on-line "broschure": there is no BT.2020 to Rec.709 conversion (colors are pale)...it seems they just advertised the capabilites of the chip but not what they actually implemented,,,I know it's only $30 but, come on...

Seems Amlogic is still the King of the hill as far as Kodi support goes...and SPMC's support for Rockchip have just been dropped...I just hope the manufacturer releases a FW that supports mediacodec and fix the missing stuff they advertised...
                Last edited by Guest; 03-28-2016, 21:56.

Comment

Hi trebor,

Where can I get a RK3229 box with an Antenna.

Cheers.

Comment

So, after six months of owning this box, no firmware update has been issued, while all other rk3229 boxes received at least one update and were upgraded to Android 5.1...looks like this early Sunchip CX-R9 board revision was used only in my early edition of the box, later revisons changed either the board or just the wifi chipset so flashing with those causes wifi not to work, obviously...seems Sunchip have changed the specs so later mx plus II boxes got this different wifi chip and android 5.1...

Does anyone know of another box with Sunchip CX-R9 board with 8723bs wifi chip whose firmware I could use...Anyone know whatever happend with support for ths box?

Comment

That firmware 5.1 https://forum.androidtvbox.eu/viewto...lit=MX+PLUS+II

Comment

Originally posted by nimm View Post
                        Thank you, but that's the exactly the one that doesn't even boot the box - it's for the board with RTL8189 wifi chip...

Comment

Working...
                        X