No announcement yet.

SCISHION V88 RK3229 4K Android 5.1 KODI TV BOX 1G/8G WIFI LAN Dolby DTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got TWRP flashed (I was forgetting to rename it to Recovery.img). Applied WiFi fix.
    BUT THIS BREAKS THE RGB FIX OPTION!!!
    Is there a WiFi patch for UT6 v1.2 please? Or how to make one? The v1.1 patch must wreck the options?

Comment

Originally posted by DanMan View Post
      Got TWRP flashed (I was forgetting to rename it to Recovery.img). Applied WiFi fix.
      BUT THIS BREAKS THE RGB FIX OPTION!!!
      Is there a WiFi patch for UT6 v1.2 please? Or how to make one? The v1.1 patch must wreck the options?
      I used to have this box ( not anymore) and I understand your distress and your pride, but do a favour to yourself and buy another box. You can sell it about 20$ and pay 30$ more and take a much much better tv box without issues. Nowadays with 50$ you can buy octacore with 2/16/32 ram/rom. Probably you dont agree with me but if you do it, you will remember me for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by zenix View Post

I used to have this box ( not anymore) and I understand your distress and your pride, but do a favour to yourself and buy another box. You can sell it about 20$ and pay 30$ more and take a much much better tv box without issues. Nowadays with 50$ you can buy octacore with 2/16/32 ram/rom. Probably you dont agree with me but if you do it, you will remember me for sure.
        You are probably right. I am already where when I fix one thing, something else breaks. UT6 v1.2 + working WiFi would be perfect, really, but I need 4PDA or somebody to make that. The Russian boys are good though, I think they will do it...
        (or any UT6 v1.1 + Wifi fix if you have a newer TV that doesn't need forced RGB)

Comment

Hey everyone!
          Mine arrived from GearBest the other day. I plugged it in, the blue light came on and the android came up on the tv. Then it went blank and the blue light went off. Since then it won't power on at all.
          Any ideas what it could be and how I might go about fixing this??
          If anyone could even point me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it!
          Thanks!

Comment

My want to try a suitable substitute power supply. Volts=same, current equal or better, tip type=same and Tip Polarity identical to original.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
              My want to try a suitable substitute power supply. Volts=same, current equal or better, tip type=same and Tip Polarity identical to original.
              Hey, thanks for the reply and suggestions. I have tried several power supplies, with same tip type, same volt and equal or better currents. Still no power at all.

Comment

Originally posted by paulkelly1234 View Post

Hey, thanks for the reply and suggestions. I have tried several power supplies, with same tip type, same volt and equal or better currents. Still no power at all.
                I suppose you could try the RKAndroidTool and see if the box is recognized at all. I doubt it though.

Comment

have you tried to put a usb powersupply in the USB port that can be used for firmware update - the usb port on the back of the box?

Comment

Hi DanMan and Kempes, thanks for the suggestions.
                    I've ordered a USB-A to USB-A cable to try this out, so fingers crossed it will do something!

Comment

Originally posted by paulkelly1234 View Post
                      Hi DanMan and Kempes, thanks for the suggestions.
                      I've ordered a USB-A to USB-A cable to try this out, so fingers crossed it will do something!
                      Speak with gearbest and send it back. It is new and supposed to be without problems. You can pay the small difference and buy another brand with support by the manufacturer.

Comment

Normally (2 times for me) gearbest gave me a full refund of the money. Just do a video and explain. You have nothing to lose.

Comment

Still haven't given up...
                          http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thre...-problem.1023/
                          These guys have a fix for an RK3368 box by adding this line:
                          echo mode=1 > /sys/class/display/HDMI/color
                          I'll see can I find where to add this on the UT6 v1.2 ROM. If that works I will then patch wifi.
                          Oops, I see it is also mentioned right here at FreakTab for a related RK3229 box!

Comment

DanMan have you tried the 6.0.1? maybe with some kind of luck your problem will be solved

Comment

Originally posted by Jakimzinho View Post
                              DanMan have you tried the 6.0.1? maybe with some kind of luck your problem will be solved
                              The UT6 v1.2 is Android 6. If you missed the posts earlier, the wifi patch breaks the RGB selector.

Comment

No, the Boot Shell doesn't work. The sys/class/display/HDMI/color file is there but there is no variable called "mode". In it there is:

Supported color mode: 30
                                Current color mode: 3

3 is the normal color, using the UT6 v1.2 ROM I can use the options to switch Current color mode: 1 (=RGB). However I can't seem to edit this file myself with a text editor, it instantly switches back to 3. If I seitch to RGB, then set the the file permissions to r--r--r-- then the color switcher option doesn't work, exactly like when I apply the WiFi patch. But when I reboot it's back to 3 again!
                                Any idea how to make "Current color mode: 1" permanent?

Comment

Working...
                                X