SCISHION V88 RK3229 4K Android 5.1 KODI TV BOX 1G/8G WIFI LAN Dolby DTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanMan View Post
    Why do you need Busybox and init.d in this installation? They are always nice to have of course. The easy way to know if RGB selection is working is to check permissions on sys/class/display/HDMI/color, should be rw-rw-rw-.
    I now see my own "version" of the UT6 v1.2 ROM won't run ePSXe or even SNES9X properly, but I see in the other thread here about the UT6 v1.1 ROM somebody else said they would not use this for games, I don't know why there would be a problem.
    Busybox is needed for init.d to work properly. You may not need to update it since it already has version 1.22 OOTB afaik.

My patch should avoid you checking the RGB selection altogether since everything in the Kernel is intact (if it hasn't broken it, again I can't test since I do not need RGB for my HDMI).
    With my patch, I managed to have kept the LED selections working, which for me is a cool option. I like the box to blink upon CPU activity.

Mine wouldn't work upon changing the kernel. It also broke a couple of the UT settings, I cannot remember which.

I have yet to test games on my box, if given a chance then, I might.

Did you convert yours to Android TV? My Google Play is all messed up in terms of its interface, but I can download apps no problem. I'm also looking to fix the non-working home button.

Originally posted by hhartmut View Post

I tried the ROM and can confirm it works well. The Google Play Store for example works fantastic. There is no app you can not download. It is also possible to play youtube videos in 1080p. Unfortunately, there is no navigation bar any more with this ROM.
    Having capability to download apps from the Play Store, majority of the time is based on its build.prop, which is the same for the UT6 ROM, and also 1080p on youtube (upon build.prop modification).

If you modify the ROM itself, you definitely can improve its performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanob View Post

Busybox is needed for init.d to work properly. You may not need to update it since it already has version 1.22 OOTB afaik.
      OK, but I was just wondering what's in the init.d scripts as I don't know what other boot tweaks could be need if everything works OK from ROM writie.
      My patch should avoid you checking the RGB selection altogether since everything in the Kernel is intact (if it hasn't broken it, again I can't test since I do not need RGB for my HDMI).
      Even if I had a UT6 with the v1.2 ROM I would still need to do RGB select each boot, it did not remember this setting even before applying the "old" WiFi patch.
      I have yet to test games on my box, if given a chance then, I might.
      Usually the most popular emulator does not work (emulation is my main thing) but I have emulators now for SNES, N64, C64, GBA. I still can't get any PSX emulator to work, beyond some boot screens, even with ISOs on the internal SD. RetroArch and other multi-emulators I tried also do not work. Angry Birds works... :-)
      Still, I am very happy right now, whether in future I switch to your patch or not. The x265 playback is superb, though my preferred MXPlayer does not have very good support for fly mouse.

Comment

deleted.
        Last edited by anthony96; 05-31-2017, 21:39.

Comment

I bricked my v88 my pcb say mx4n-v03 i bought from gearbest, is 1gb ram 8gb nand, well i try downgrade to android 5.1 because o think this android 6 is terrible , Well i used the rockip tool on final from restore process say on red color "Failed", well now i plug on ac adapter and just show red light, now the windows cant conect by usb, , the rockchip cant see. Is dead or have any way to fix?

Comment

Hi herr_marechal, You will have to open the box and short out the pins in the attached photo while plugging the usb cable.
            You should see a blue square in RK tool
            Check to see if chip numbers are the same in your box before shorting.
            Cheers
            Kevin
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Hinix_H27UCG8T2ATR.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	649403

Comment

Hi dear thank you i make this and o get upload the firmware, but i dont know.... after use the remote control to turn off or reboot, or use any program to turn off (rooted), It dont enter on launcher just android logo(android logo backgroung black).... i instaled this version V88_RK3229_6.0_MX4N_Wifi Spectek_20170405 is not good i think.... the original was 20170323... but now i cant find on any place on internet..(the version send by gearbest).
              my pcb is mx4n-v03 QL 1710 2017-02-08 I try use the before dump to after downgrade to 5.1 or 4.4 but dont work all times show error(red line). Just finnish this V88_RK3229_6.0_MX4N_Wifi Spectek_20170405..(green line ok).. Other problem any times the usb no work.....

Comment

the Xgody rom here:

works really well. Wifi, remote, google play working. No root though, and SuperSU doesn't install properly. Anyone tried the rom?

Comment

Greetings, Im trying to flash the ugoo rom but windows 10 doesn't recognize the driver for the box, it appears as unknow under device manager, so its not recognizable for the flash tool. Suggestions?

Currently using Windows 10 creators edition.

EDIT:

Well i got to recognize my box under win10 with the 4.4 drivers and Rockchip tool 1.8, but flashing the UT6 rom is a no go, it fails at 99% both 1.1 and 1.2
                  Last edited by Mike Ibgo; 06-12-2017, 08:23.

Comment

Anyone with the link for the rk322x_box-userdebug 6.0.1 MXC89L user.penggw.20170512.123009 release-keys rom?

Comment

after time... i got google play services stop work... then if i restart , i stucks on ANDROID bootloop. i have reflashed then 100 times... whats wrong ???

Comment

The rom that i mentioned before, is very very good. The box is very fast and responsive, now i can see all in fhd 60hz with no problem 

Comment

Originally posted by Jakimzinho View Post
                          The rom that i mentioned before, is very very good. The box is very fast and responsive, now i can see all in fhd 60hz with no problemÂ*
                          Can you post the link of where you got it downloaded? Thanks.

Comment

i dont have the link, it came pre installed. I want the rom to, to install in other boxes with older versions.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakimzinho View Post
                              i dont have the link, it came pre installed. I want the rom to, to install in other boxes with older versions.
                              I see. Which brand, model are we talking about? and probably country of origin. If also you could post a picture of your box (if it is different to what the generic V88, Xgody or UT6 boxes)? Thanks.

And more importantly, is rooted? If it is, I may be able to teach you on how to make a backup of it.

Comment

Its a generic v88, its rooted. The version is this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2f...p=drivesdk 

Comment

Working...
                                X