X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanMan View Post

Works in UT6 v1.2!
    Yes it does, on an unmodified UT6 v1.2.

I am currently running UGOOS v1.2 with the IR remote working and wifi. But breaks the HDMI Color and LED, since these are kernel dependent. But I have still retain using UGOOS' own "rooting: and "unrooting" method.

I am trying to perfect my own ROM. unlike other ROMS, I was able to reduce the system partition from 2GB to 1GB and putting it on the Data partition, effectively making more space than before.

I can say that the UGOOS software is the best ROM the V88, and probably on an RK3229.

Based on experience and daily use, it is the fastest, yes, faster than the XGODY ROMs (for me).

I probably will not be looking to get another ROM for this box, but going to perffect it.

Comment

Have you tried mine? If its better i wil change.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanob View Post

I am currently running UGOOS v1.2 with the IR remote working and wifi. But breaks the HDMI Color and LED, since these are kernel dependent. But I have still retain using UGOOS' own "rooting: and "unrooting" method.
        But I already explained how to fix that. After wifi patch make an init.d script to make the HDMI settings file writable. Then the RGB selector works again.
        Come to think of it, I might try to find a way to just force RGB at boot as it resets to YUV.

Comment

But I already explained how to fix that. After wifi patch make an init.d script to make the HDMI settings file writable.
          I believe you did, but not on my own modification of the UT6 v1.2 ROM since I was able to make the remote work.

A different kernel and my own modified boot image and recovery, and a lot of combination and modified files was involved to make the WIFI and Remote OOTB. Unfortunately, HDMI color and LED wont work as expected. With my own mod, when the box is "asleep" LED is on, but when "busy" then its off. I know, annoying.

I am quite impressed with this ROM, with such a short time testing the official Kodi v17.3 Krypton app from the Play Store. It works flawlessly with 8-bit HEVC 1080p 23.975fps, with audio passthrough through HDMI bitsream, from my network drive via SMB. I don't have any HEVC 60fps, and HEVC 4k files to test, and I am not really looking to do so since my target for this device is fully utilising its 1080p capabilities, and since I don't have a 4k tv.

I doubt that an rk3229 can run an uncompressed high-bitrate 4k movies (true 4k movies for that matter to which that there is currently only 1 movie ripped properly for 4k, and not some sloppy upscaled movies, movies and not test files) smoothly to sit and watch.

I have limited Google Play Store's selection of games and apps to only ATV full compatibility rather than having everything, but not working, which everything is enough. Google Play Movies works as expected. Although not Google Play Music, still being non-leanback. Official Vimeo, crunchyroll, crackle, and others works flawlessly. I don't have a Netflix account to try the proper Netflix app. Even with its limitation of apps, the selections are a plenty.

Still Snes9x does not show its UI, but the SuperRetro16 does. Although I have not tested to play a game, just looked at the UI.

A quick 10-15mins on epsxe with FFIX and everything works as expected. just proper, and no up-scaling settings set. no slow downs, probably negligible and sounds ok. And I do believe its the same on N64.

I use an XB360 wired controller.

After spending so much hours with this box, I believe I am done fiddling with it, and now its time to let the family play around with it.

I hope there's another UT6 firmware update coming.

EDIT:
          Looks like I bit more than I bargain for, now my LG TV remote is detected by the ATVBox. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! Now I'll just make it read EVERYTHING!
          Last edited by Skanob; 06-27-2017, 02:27.

Comment

Originally posted by hhartmut View Post
            Why do you not use this rom update786_MXQ-4K_20170407? It works great, but has no navigation bar.
            I just tried it again. It is noticeably slower than either the XGody MXQ-4K 5.1.1 roms , V88 factory 11/16 and 12/16 5.1.1, and Leoxsys 5.1.1. roms. Thus far the 6.0x ROMs are all laggy and slow compared to the last/mature version 5.1.1s.

Comment

Hi friends no any custon firmware custon to The V88 SV6051P wifi pcb 17 10????
              All firmwares on this topic no work on this pcb... after use all the v88 bricke, die
              i just solve put original firmware using the pin 8-9 on nand flash.....+ pin on AV hole.....
              Take attention,
              Attached Files
              Last edited by herr_marechal; 06-28-2017, 21:56.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulieP View Post

I just tried it again. It is noticeably slower than either the XGody MXQ-4K 5.1.1 roms , V88 factory 11/16 and 12/16 5.1.1, and Leoxsys 5.1.1. roms. Thus far the 6.0x ROMs are all laggy and slow compared to the last/mature version 5.1.1s.
                Dooes the play store work with the rom (Leoxsys 5.1.1)? Is it possible to play youtube videos in 1080p? Is the navigation bar available?

Comment

Dammit, I'm getting a "Cannot parse package" error on all APK install attempts. Maybe using the UT6 v1.1 WiFi patch on UT6 v1.2 does break something more than the HDMI selector after a while. Still, it's the only one with a HDMI colour option at all, so I've no choice really except to stick with it. Looks like I'll be trying Skanob's patch!

EDIT: Actually no, APKs are working fine again after a few reboots. Sticking to this ROM now (UT v1.2 + wifi patch).
                  Last edited by DanMan; 07-08-2017, 16:46.

Comment

Dammit, I'm getting a "Cannot parse package" error on all APK install attempts. Maybe using the UT6 v1.1 WiFi patch on UT6 v1.2 does break something more than the HDMI selector after a while. Still, it's the only one with a HDMI colour option at all, so I've no choice really except to stick with it. Looks like I'll be trying Skanob's patch!
                    I read the reviews of Skanob's and loved it, does it have a patch itself? You have contact with it, could you do that I would also like to test the firmware itself that it uses?

Comment

I am trying to perfect my own ROM. unlike other ROMS, I was able to reduce the system partition from 2GB to 1GB and putting it on the Data partition, effectively making more space than before.

I can say that the UGOOS software is the best ROM the V88, and probably on an RK3229.

Based on experience and daily use, it is the fastest, yes, faster than the XGODY ROMs (for me).

I probably will not be looking to get another ROM for this box, but going to perffect it.
                      I need a lot of this firmware with its modifications, with IR and Wi-Fi support, on my monitor it does not have to be RGB, just be 1080p is enough. I believe that in this version of yours when you turn off the TVBox the TV screen erases together, right? In the unmodified version I tested the screen was not turned off when turning off the TVBox, adding the lack of IR and WiFi I ended up giving up the most perfect Firmware I have ever seen, superior to Android TV OS of the licensed devices. Please share this project to make my TVBox a true Android TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Novato View Post

I read the reviews of Skanob's and loved it, does it have a patch itself? You have contact with it, could you do that I would also like to test the firmware itself that it uses?
                        APKs working fine again now. Only thing I'm missing is a PSX emulator, I've no idea why that won't work. Maybe the weird ROMs I'm trying aren't great in the emulator anyway.

Comment

APKs working fine again now. Only thing I'm missing is a PSX emulator, I've no idea why that won't work. Maybe the weird ROMs I'm trying aren't great in the emulator anyway.
                          Hi DanMan, sorry I did not respond before, I was only able to test Ugoos UT6 firmware today. I applied the Skanob Wi-Fi Patch, following his guidelines:

1 ° Install TWRP 3.1.0
                          2 ° Update Busybox
                          3 ° Install Init.d suport
                          4 ° Install Patch Wi-Fi
                          5 ° Wipe Dalvik and Caché
                          6 ° Reboot

EVEN doing all of this Wi-Fi can not be turned on, just try to connect Wi-Fi and it loads infinitely. I am using Ugoos UT6 1.2.0.

I can not believe this only happens to me, I did everything that was oriented. Funny that when I tested the 4PDA Patch for a moment I called Wi-Fi and showed the available network.

But then he did not call the Wi-Fi anymore, just as it is now. I installed the Kernel Auditor to see if it was enabled and everything is ok

Please tell me what you did to make Wi-Fi work on your TV Box. I can not believe you're missing a pass.

Comment

I believe you did, but not on my own modification of the UT6 v1.2 ROM since I was able to make the remote work.

A different kernel and my own modified boot image and recovery, and a lot of combination and modified files was involved to make the WIFI and Remote OOTB. Unfortunately, HDMI color and LED wont work as expected. With my own mod, when the box is "asleep" LED is on, but when "busy" then its off. I know, annoying.

I am quite impressed with this ROM, with such a short time testing the official Kodi v17.3 Krypton app from the Play Store. It works flawlessly with 8-bit HEVC 1080p 23.975fps, with audio passthrough through HDMI bitsream, from my network drive via SMB. I don't have any HEVC 60fps, and HEVC 4k files to test, and I am not really looking to do so since my target for this device is fully utilising its 1080p capabilities, and since I don't have a 4k tv.

I doubt that an rk3229 can run an uncompressed high-bitrate 4k movies (true 4k movies for that matter to which that there is currently only 1 movie ripped properly for 4k, and not some sloppy upscaled movies, movies and not test files) smoothly to sit and watch.

I have limited Google Play Store's selection of games and apps to only ATV full compatibility rather than having everything, but not working, which everything is enough. Google Play Movies works as expected. Although not Google Play Music, still being non-leanback. Official Vimeo, crunchyroll, crackle, and others works flawlessly. I don't have a Netflix account to try the proper Netflix app. Even with its limitation of apps, the selections are a plenty.

Still Snes9x does not show its UI, but the SuperRetro16 does. Although I have not tested to play a game, just looked at the UI.

A quick 10-15mins on epsxe with FFIX and everything works as expected. just proper, and no up-scaling settings set. no slow downs, probably negligible and sounds ok. And I do believe its the same on N64.

I use an XB360 wired controller.

After spending so much hours with this box, I believe I am done fiddling with it, and now its time to let the family play around with it.

I hope there's another UT6 firmware update coming.

EDIT:
                            Looks like I bit more than I bargain for, now my LG TV remote is detected by the ATVBox. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! Now I'll just make it read EVERYTHING!
                            Please wake up from this deep sleep and share with us your mod! I BEG!

Comment

Originally posted by Novato View Post
                              Please tell me what you did to make Wi-Fi work on your TV Box. I can not believe you're missing a pass.
                              Well I didn't use his WiFi patch, I used the one on the other thread here about the UT6 firmware. If you don't need RGB then that's it... nothing else needed I think.
                              http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...h-working-wifi
                              I don't suppose you can use the LAN port instead? (if that works)

Comment

Hey Guys,

New firmware out rk3229_6.0_MX4N_SSV6051p_zhongx_20170616_v017_Spec tek, here's the link https://yadi.sk/d/veU_J9Td3LjxFR .

Comment

Working...
                                X