SCISHION V88 RK3229 4K Android 5.1 KODI TV BOX 1G/8G WIFI LAN Dolby DTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skanob View Post

I believe you did, but not on my own modification of the UT6 v1.2 ROM since I was able to make the remote work.

A different kernel and my own modified boot image and recovery, and a lot of combination and modified files was involved to make the WIFI and Remote OOTB. Unfortunately, HDMI color and LED wont work as expected. With my own mod, when the box is "asleep" LED is on, but when "busy" then its off. I know, annoying.

I am quite impressed with this ROM, with such a short time testing the official Kodi v17.3 Krypton app from the Play Store. It works flawlessly with 8-bit HEVC 1080p 23.975fps, with audio passthrough through HDMI bitsream, from my network drive via SMB. I don't have any HEVC 60fps, and HEVC 4k files to test, and I am not really looking to do so since my target for this device is fully utilising its 1080p capabilities, and since I don't have a 4k tv.

I doubt that an rk3229 can run an uncompressed high-bitrate 4k movies (true 4k movies for that matter to which that there is currently only 1 movie ripped properly for 4k, and not some sloppy upscaled movies, movies and not test files) smoothly to sit and watch.

I have limited Google Play Store's selection of games and apps to only ATV full compatibility rather than having everything, but not working, which everything is enough. Google Play Movies works as expected. Although not Google Play Music, still being non-leanback. Official Vimeo, crunchyroll, crackle, and others works flawlessly. I don't have a Netflix account to try the proper Netflix app. Even with its limitation of apps, the selections are a plenty.

Still Snes9x does not show its UI, but the SuperRetro16 does. Although I have not tested to play a game, just looked at the UI.

A quick 10-15mins on epsxe with FFIX and everything works as expected. just proper, and no up-scaling settings set. no slow downs, probably negligible and sounds ok. And I do believe its the same on N64.

I use an XB360 wired controller.

After spending so much hours with this box, I believe I am done fiddling with it, and now its time to let the family play around with it.

I hope there's another UT6 firmware update coming.

EDIT:
    Looks like I bit more than I bargain for, now my LG TV remote is detected by the ATVBox. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! Now I'll just make it read EVERYTHING!
    is it possible to share your ROM ?

Comment

Originally posted by PaulieP View Post
      Just finished a new 6.01 Marshmallow-based Android TV ROM / IMG for the V88 1GB/8GB, SV6051 (not Realtek) version.

Android TV ROM for V88 & MA8-4K 1GB/8GB 6.0.1_MXC89L
      by PaulieP

V88_MA8-4K_ATV_rk3229_SV6051_6.0.1_MXC89L_20170405.IMG

This will flash fine on SV6051 equipped V88's. And also the MA8-4K boxes which are a smaller clone.

Flash the way you like, but preferably using RK AndroidTool, and hit the EraseFlash button first before starting just to make sure. Takes a long time for first boot after flash, maybe 5-8 minutes.

Features:
      Live Channels works (will error initially, once you add Pluto TV or anything else with live channels, on next reset it works as it should)
      Latest Play Store for ATV, latest Google Play Services for ATV (836), latest Google for ATV/Katniss app, and latest Leanback Launcher (1.10.x)
      Nearly all major bloatware stripped out, might still be a bit here or there
      Remote and Wi-Fi working
      Rooted and SuperSU in place
      HDMI Bitstream out (haven't tested 100%)
      TV App Repo preinstalled
      Backdrop for Daydream (should work but havent tested)
      Build.prop properly edited with TV configuration settings
      Build.prop edited to spoof the Nexus Player (fugu)
      Includes Play Store, CM File Explorer, Hide Statusbar, Youtube 1.3.X Leanback (2.x is buggy)
      Log in to Play Store works great. Havent tested downloads/updates so if it doesnt work, tell me how to fix it since I've no clue.

Based on rk3229_6.0_box_MX4N_SSV6051p_SpecTek_flash-update_20170405.img, OpenGapps TVStock, and Manu Manu's original V88 ATV ROM posted here at Freaktab.
      Build.prop will report a later build but yes, the codebase within is actually 20170405.

This is fairly stripped down. Add apps as you like. Just meant to be something clean and working.

What's not there:
      Voice Recorder (and I don't think Voice Search works properly)
      Chromecast/AndroidMediaShell (will never work on this hardware)
      Android TV Remote (couldnt get it to not throw errors)
      Probably DRM isnt fixed for proper ATV/Leanback Netflix (and long term Netflix is determined to break it on all rooted and unofficial devices anyway)
      Second Screen Setup (meh, let's save space and memory instead)
      Bluetooth bits (the box doesnt have BT anyway)
      A bunch of preinstalled stuff and legacy apps

DOWNLOAD HERE:
      https://mega.nz/#!sHBVUCCB!OGsrDKbVi...DKsr6CTsV2le98

Edited: Link Fixed, and build updated to remove app uninstall error.

I take no responsibility if it doesnt work, you dont like it, your house catches fire, etc.

To Do:

Nothing I'm done messing with it. However if someone wants to use it as a template to fix/add what I couldnt, or create something with a newer/faster base from the two newer ROMs out there (below), feel free.
      https://yadi.sk/d/veU_J9Td3LjxFR - rk3229_6.0_MX4N_SSV6051p_zhongx_20170616_v017_Spec tek
      https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...3pwTEVvUlIzWDA - MV2.20170524

Good luck
      This is actually what i have in my V88 but the screen resolution is not correct any ideas how to fix it?

Comment

Originally posted by Helikeon View Post
        That link works all right for me using Firefox.

No problems downloading the file.
        Think it was my connection earlier , working now but this is one painful download. As I can’t understand Chinese, requires Baidu Pan cloud software and baidu account…. If I manage to download it I will share on Google drive or mega for easy download for everyone.

No luck downloading this, if possible pls share on mega or Google drive.

Cant register for baidu as I have no China number and the Tampermonkey and script method didn’t work either (tried Chrome and FireFox)
        Last edited by DrDroid; 09-29-2017, 22:49.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDroid View Post

Think it was my connection earlier , working now but this is one painful download. As I can’t understand Chinese, requires Baidu Pan cloud software and baidu account…. If I manage to download it I will share on Google drive or mega for easy download for everyone.

Cant register for baidu as I have no China number and the Tampermonkey and script method didn’t work either (tried Chrome and FireFox)
          Try again with Google chrome. Tapermonkey is working... you have to follow the new work around of tapermonkey for pan.baidu website...Check it from you tube. I had downloaded as well updated firmware for A95X R1 that is suitable for Scishion V88 Rk3229. For the information of all Netflix subscribers, Netflix works smoothly on the said firmware... audio syncs perfectly. Kodi 17.4 spdif passthrough works very well as well.

Latest firmware I downloaded : http://www.baiqu365.com/pfile/34260908.html
          Last edited by jayort; 09-30-2017, 03:44.

Comment

I uploaded the A95 R1 firmware for Scishion V88 Rk3229 to mega.nz (A95X_R1_SSV6051P_complex_tvmc_change_100_ddr624_u pdatewifidriver_RK3229_6.0.1_20170704).

Here is the link https://mega.nz/#!NPZWnLIa!5ZAHEoTKh...XrS78YOtECMl-4

Comment

Originally posted by jayort View Post

I uploaded the A95 R1 firmware for Scishion V88 Rk3229 to mega.nz (A95X_R1_SSV6051P_complex_tvmc_change_100_ddr624_u pdatewifidriver_RK3229_6.0.1_20170704).

Here is the link https://mega.nz/#!NPZWnLIa!5ZAHEoTKh...XrS78YOtECMl-4
              Thank you mate!! I will give this ago

Comment

Thank you mate!! I will give this ago
                Ok mate! Please do give me your feedback as well. For me, it is smooth in somehow. Kodi 17.4 works well with this firmware. The cons is the remote control has limited function but I have the a95x remote control since I have nexbox . This is far the best firmware I ever have for Scishion V88 RK3229 1G/8G

Comment

Ok mate! Please do give me your feedback as well. For me, it is smooth in somehow. Kodi 17.4 works well with this firmware. The cons is the remote control has limited function but I have the a95x remote control since I have nexbox . This is far the best firmware I ever have for Scishion V88 RK3229 1G/8G

Hi Mate,

Thanks for the upload, really appreciate it, I tried to install this Firmware several times via Android Tool 1.8 and 2.35 but failed. After a few go the box bricked so had to shorten the pin to revive it back to life.

The main issue with my Box is if you switch off the mains 2-3 times it then goes dead and just gets stuck on the android logo without booting up. This is the second V88 box I bought one on e-Bay and one from Gearbest which has the same exact issue. As long as it’s not taken of the mains it kinds of stays intact although the gearbest one crashes with continuous error message saying “unfortunately Google Services has stopped working” or any other app it can’t handle. The error message is continuous making it impossible to do anything else. I am not going to play around with the gearbest one as I will be sending the crap thing back.

The big issue I think with these boxes are the very low quality eMMC used and also low poor quality RAM which makes this Box useless. Also I find RockChip processor RK3229 awful comparing to Amlogic S905 or S905(X or W).
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mate,

Thanks for the upload, really appreciate it, I tried to install this Firmware several times via Android Tool 1.8 and 2.35 but failed. After a few go the box bricked so had to shorten the pin to revive it back to life.

The main issue with my Box is if you switch off the mains 2-3 times it then goes dead and just gets stuck on the android logo without booting up. This is the second V88 box I bought one on e-Bay and one from Gearbest which has the same exact issue. As long as it’s not taken of the mains it kinds of stays intact although the gearbest one crashes with continuous error message saying “unfortunately Google Services has stopped working” or any other app it can’t handle. The error message is continuous making it impossible to do anything else. I am not going to play around with the gearbest one as I will be sending the crap thing back.

The big issue I think with these boxes are the very low quality eMMC used and also low poor quality RAM which makes this Box useless. Also I find RockChip processor RK3229 awful comparing to Amlogic S905 or S905(X or W).
                    Hi Mate. Please use RKBatchtool v1.7. Press with toothpick your AV socket from your V88 while you power up the box. If green turns on from one of the square boxes in the RKtool software, release the toothpick. Load your image file. Instead of pressing Upgrade, press the Restore button. I believe the firmware installation will be successful this time. Give me feedback

Comment

Hi Mate. Please use RKBatchtool v1.7. Press with toothpick your AV socket from your V88 while you power up the box. If green turns on from one of the square boxes in the RKtool software, release the toothpick. Load your image file. Instead of pressing Upgrade, press the Restore button. I believe the firmware installation will be successful this time. Give me feedback

The Box crashed again today this time all Google service stopping and the front LED light flashing Red and Blue frantically so I thought I try your method of “Restore” the firmware instead of upgrading with RockChip Batch Tool 1.7 and 1.8 but no luck.

This Box must be one of the worst in the market. I have two of these (got them to test before placing a big order to sell but I will be staying away from it.

[RockChip Batch Tool 1.7 Log]

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	568
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	675187

**********Restore Action**********
                      **********Restore Start Total<1>**********
                      <Layer 5-8> Download Boot Start
                      <Layer 5-8> Download Boot Success
                      <Layer 5-8> Wait For Maskrom Start
                      <Layer 5-8> Wait For Maskrom Success
                      <Layer 5-8> Test Device Start
                      <Layer 5-8> Test Device Success
                      <Layer 5-8> Check Chip Start
                      <Layer 5-8> Check Chip Success
                      <Layer 5-8> Get FlashInfo Start
                      <Layer 5-8> Get FlashInfo Success
                      <Layer 5-8> Prepare IDB Start
                      <Layer 5-8> Prepare IDB Success
                      <Layer 5-8> Download IDB Start
                      <Layer 5-8> Download IDB Success
                      <Layer 5-8> Reset Device Start
                      <Layer 5-8> Reset Device Success
                      <Layer 5-8> Wait For Loader Start
                      <Layer 5-8> Wait For Loader Success
                      <Layer 5-8> Lowerformat Device Start
                      <Layer 5-8> Lowerformat Device Success
                      <Layer 5-8> Check Chip Start
                      <Layer 5-8> Check Chip Success
                      <Layer 5-8> Get FlashInfo Start
                      <Layer 5-8> Get FlashInfo Success
                      <Layer 5-8> Prepare IDB Start
                      <Layer 5-8> Prepare IDB Success
                      <Layer 5-8> Download IDB Start
                      <Layer 5-8> Download IDB Success
                      <Layer 5-8> Reset Device Start
                      <Layer 5-8> Reset Device Success
                      <Layer 5-8> Wait For Loader Start
                      <Layer 5-8> Wait For Loader Success
                      <Layer 5-8> Download Firmware Start
                      <Layer 5-8> Download Firmware Fail
                      **********Restore Done Success<0> Fail<1> Time<71526>ms**********

Comment

Update - Don't DO THIS!

It has bricked my box and I fear this is for good now as shortening the pin puts in MASKROM however now it won’t even start the Boot flash when I try to flash the correct firmware. I believe the box has finally given in (totally bricked)! £20 down the drain

Attached Files

Comment

Dr.Droid or someone else..., Which pins has to be shorted in this Box.., I have one bricked scishion V88, and what is the procedure for unbricking...., thanks...

Last edited by sappy; 10-06-2017, 21:31.

Comment

Never mind... I did it... It's alive...
                            Short 7-8 pin from the left side... Simultaneously toothpick method and shorting with pluging USB into computer...

sa mog XRN 4X

Last edited by sappy; 10-07-2017, 18:31.

Comment

Can anyone get adb working on this box. When I plug into pc I don't get any recognition of the device

Comment

Originally posted by davedeluria View Post
                                Then you have to go the long route... that means you need the Rockchip Tool, Rockchip batch driver software, and a USB A to USB A cable.

That said, the tip about editing the build.prop also works to ensure the box still multitasks but use with care as a poorly edited build.prop will brick your device.
                                I've got the green screen too, also the cable, but my laptop is a chromebook and I can't get it to recognize the box when I plug them in together. I've reset the system til I'm ready to use box for target practice, but they are for older family members and I'm the one stuck trying to fix them. Some guidance and help would be most welcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X