Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kempes View Post

this is what i use now
    can anyone confirm solved problem:mkv containers with mpeg2 streams will not sync Audio - Video with RKMC?
    I'm still using following firmware: V88_RK3229_6.0_MX4N_Wifi Spectek_20170405 from here:

Comment

Well if it helps, this is the rom I use in my Doocoler D39. Supposedly it is compatible with all v88 and D39.

Comment

Need Help Guys !!
        I tried to update my V88 box with firmware from the official web site : http://www.scishiontvbox.com/firmwar...on-v88-tv-box/
        i used the android tools until he hangs on the message " reset device faield "
        after that the box won't start any more and it's is no longer recognized by the android tools !!! NO BLUE LIGHT , NO RED LIGHT NTHG at all

Comment

your device is bricked red light is not visible in case for me when i bricked my device so you must know type and version of your board

Comment

Good, do you know some launcher with task manager for v88?

Comment

I am not sure if i am to open a new thread, as i got here from google, and read a lot of previous pages (+- Page 16 must mention an issue similar to mine), but i ll be as thorough as possible, for keyword purposes as well:

I have 3 boxes of those, returned from clients (i run a retail shop), so i am not sure they can be unbricked, as i have no info on how this happened (all clients claim it just died, which i am starting to believe it really happened, after proof-reading below).

Symptoms when plugged are:
              - No hdmi signal at all (with reset button pressed or not)
              - Faint red light on LED.
              - CPU becomes too hot to touch, too soon

IDs (all 3 boxes are the same):
              Box marketed as OTT TVBox (on packaging) - MXQ-4k (on box)
              XT-MX4N-V20 (2017-03-29)
              MX4N 8G/1G ZXD, 2017-05-20, WW17050027-2 (on sticker).

I tried flashing from USB (windows 10 pc, macbook pro with type-c ports only, used two different type-C -> type-A male cables):
              - Touching all pins mentioned (5-6, 6-7, 7-8, 29-30) counting from the printed dot on NAND IC, then connecting the USB, while keeping the pins touched for a couple of seconds.
              - Tried most of the above as well (if i am not mistaken at least, i have no info on which is the right combination for this NAND), while keeping the reset pressed and then plugging USB, no change either.
              - Touching all pins one by one, without unplugging the usb, but not while pressing reset (i have only two hands unfortunately)
              Tried android tool, rockchip tool, rockchip batch, no luck (all necessary drivers installed obv). i cant get any of the boards to be recognised to the PC program, either in mask mode or not.

Then, i tried to restore via SDcard, no luck either.
              With rockchip usb tool, procedure always fails during writing MBR, and program force closes (same pc, windows 10, external usb-to-microsd reader, tried two microsd cards).
              I formatted the cards again, and tried copying an update.img (renamed from rom attached here, android 6, wifi ssv), and another rom as well (again renamed to update.img).
              I then inserted them to the boxes, while pressing reset button and connecting power, nothing changes either.

Supplier has already replaced those units, so i can just throw them away, but i am reading those are close to unbrickable. However, i am not able to get a signal of life from any of them, and all 3 have identical symptoms (which could be either a bad hw batch, or same software issue).
              Any help please? Its been my second afternoon fiddling with those, so i am not sure its worth spending much more time.

Sorry for the long post, attaching photos in the following one

Comment

you must shortcut pins and after that you must connect USB not before testing pins

Comment

Originally posted by karelkopp View Post
                  you must shortcut pins and after that you must connect USB not before testing pins
                  I tried it as well bro :/

====
                  - Touching all pins mentioned (5-6, 6-7, 7-8, 29-30) counting from the printed dot on NAND IC, then connecting the USB, while keeping the pins touched for a couple of seconds.
                  - Tried most of the above as well (if i am not mistaken at least, i have no info on which is the right combination for this NAND), while keeping the reset pressed and then plugging USB, no change either.

Comment

i cutting these pins

its connected with nand
                    after that i connect to usb and waiting to notification sound of new connected device in windows

Comment

i cutting these pins

its connected with nand
                      after that i connect to usb and waiting to notification sound of new connected device in windows
                      Windows/USB version?

No luck with those pins either, maybe i need to get a proper usb-to-usb cable for one last shot (as our boards seem identical)

Comment

Windows10 x64 USB 2.0 and proper usb male male cable and last question on what usb on device you connectiong cable???

Comment

Windows10 x64 USB 2.0 and proper usb male male cable and last question on what usb on device you connectiong cable???
                          On the single one on the HDMI side, next to 3.5mm ports.
                          I will try to get one of those cables for a last hope attempt then :/

Concerning the SDcard restore, i burned an img i found posted earlier on this thread, but i get no feedback from the device (on the tv) either.

Comment

I have also a few of this Scishion V88 Boxes, and I can reflash it with FW posted on this page, and many others... but they work about 2-3 days and after few reboots they hangs on boot screen with Android sign..., so.., does somebody know the cure for this....or trash can is inevitable...

Comment

HI
                              Can anyone tell me how to pull firmware from well worked V88.đ

Tanks

Comment

Working...
                              X