System Bit: 32Bit
    WiFi Chip: 8723CS
    KODI Pre-installed: Yes
    System Activation: Yes
    Power Type: External Power Adapter Mode
    Suggest Input: 12V 5A
    Product weight: 0.0980 kg
    Package weight: 0.3830 kg
    Product size (L x W x H): 11.50 x 10.50 x 2.00 cm / 4.53 x 4.13 x 0.79 inches
    Package size (L x W x H): 17.20 x 13.20 x 5.50 cm / 6.77 x 5.2 x 2.17 inches
    Package Contents: 1 x TV Box, 1 x Power Charger Adapter, 1 x HDMI Cable, 1 x IR Remote Control, 1 x English User Manual
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20170306113043_33927.jpg
Views:	812
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	634594

Gearbest
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Look at all of those holes, wonderful, wonderful holes....if they're holes.
    A sign of things to come?.....We can hope.
    Last edited by RISCy Dude; 03-09-2017, 10:23.

Comment

hello, sorry for the off topic

i have a android stick Android 5.1 Processor: RK3229 but i dont have the CEC option in the Settings --> Advanced

can you please share the TVSettings.apk (MBoxSettings.apk or what is he called)

Thanks!
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by MFaust View Post
        hello, sorry for the off topic

i have a android stick Android 5.1 Processor: RK3229 but i dont have the CEC option in the Settings --> Advanced

can you please share the TVSettings.apk (MBoxSettings.apk or what is he called)

Thanks!
        You have a screenshot of an Amlogic device, while you want an app for a Rockchip device?
        An app won't add CEC support.
        You need completely new updated firmware that supports it automatically on a Rockchip device.

Comment

mo123 thanks for responding

Yes that is right it`s not my screenshot it was for info purpose

I saw that many rk3229 suports CEC and a search in Sysetm--> Lib--> hw and i have hdmi_cec.rk30board.so
          maby the function exist in the firmware but it dosen't have a user interface to activate it.

i try to search something about it on the internet but it`s not so much info

my device is

it works very well, i am very happy wit it (before a have a A95X, S905x Android 6 processor which was very slow compare to this one)

I know that the third time works like charm but i dont want to but a third box just to get all the things

so how hard could it be to implement cec in one firmware, can you direct me to one threat were i can found some answer ?

(btw i posted my screenshot)
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by MFaust View Post
            mo123 thanks for responding

Yes that is right it`s not my screenshot it was for info purpose

I saw that many rk3229 suports CEC and a search in Sysetm--> Lib--> hw and i have hdmi_cec.rk30board.so
            maby the function exist in the firmware but it dosen't have a user interface to activate it.

i try to search something about it on the internet but it`s not so much info

my device is

it works very well, i am very happy wit it (before a have a A95X, S905x Android 6 processor which was very slow compare to this one)

I know that the third time works like charm but i dont want to but a third box just to get all the things

so how hard could it be to implement cec in one firmware, can you direct me to one threat were i can found some answer ?

(btw i posted my screenshot)
            You can try to edit the dts file in the resource.img file and then change
            rockchip,cec_enable = <0>; to rockchip,cec_enable = <1>;.

Use AndroidTool, the last tab to dump '2' in the address to get the parameter file then get the offset of the resource.img from the parameter file and then dump that.
            There are also guides on freaktab to dump RK firmware.
            There are tools on freaktab to decompile RK resource.img and compile it again also.
            If you can send me your parameter file and resource.img, I can enable CEC for you.
            Then you just need to flash a single, new resource.img from the first tab of AndroidTool and then there is a 50% chance it will work.

Maybe this is your device firmware then just unpack it with the last tab of AndroidTool?

Comment

I already did a backup so i know how to use AndroidTool but just my luck i didnt backup-ed resource.img... anyway...
              dumped ... decompiled img.. convert dtb to dts... changed "rockchip,cec_enable = <0x0>; to "rockchip,cec_enable = <0x1>;"
              converted dts to dtb ...compiled .img and flashed with succes parameters + new resource.img

it has booted up but sadly it dont work.... i dont know how to see if something changed

any others ideeas?

(btw i allready saw that FW i tryed to get the MboxSystem.apk (this is how it`s called in my system apps) from it but dosent have it so i guess it`s a different FW)

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                Android 5.1 + 4 Core RK3229 + 2GB RAM

Name:	1488781058864639.jpg
Views:	861
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	634593
                Brand: scishion
                Model: V88 mini II
                Type: TV Box
                System: Android 5.1
                Processor: RK3229
                CPU: RK3229
                Core: Quad Core
                GPU: Mali-400
                RAM: 2G
                RAM Type: DDR3
                ROM: 8G
                Max. Extended Capacity: 32G
                Decoder Format: H.264,H.265
                Video format: AVI,DAT,H.264,H.265,ISO,MKV,MOV,MP4,MPEG,MPG,RM,VC-1,WMV
                Audio format: AAC,FLAC,MP3,OGA,RM,WMA
                Photo Format: JPEG,JPG,PNG
                Support 5.1 Surround Sound Output: No
                5G WiFi: No
                Bluetooth: Bluetooth4.0
                Power Supply: Charge Adapter
                Interface: AV,DC Power Port,HDMI,SPDIF,TF card,USB2.0
                Antenna: Yes
                Camera: Without
                Language: Multi-language
                DVD Support: No
                HDMI Version: 1.4
                Other Functions: 3D Games,3D Video,Airplay,DLNA,ISO Files,Miracast,NTSC,PAL
                External Subtitle Supported: Yes
                HDMI Function: CEC
                Power Comsumption: 5V 2A
                RJ45 Port Speed: 100M
                System Bit: 32Bit
                WiFi Chip: 8723CS
                KODI Pre-installed: Yes
                System Activation: Yes
                Power Type: External Power Adapter Mode
                Suggest Input: 12V 5A
                Product weight: 0.0980 kg
                Package weight: 0.3830 kg
                Product size (L x W x H): 11.50 x 10.50 x 2.00 cm / 4.53 x 4.13 x 0.79 inches
                Package size (L x W x H): 17.20 x 13.20 x 5.50 cm / 6.77 x 5.2 x 2.17 inches
                Package Contents: 1 x TV Box, 1 x Power Charger Adapter, 1 x HDMI Cable, 1 x IR Remote Control, 1 x English User Manual

Name:	20170306113043_33927.jpg
Views:	812
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	634594

Gearbest
                Download the 6.0 firmware from where?

Comment

Originally posted by feeling6 View Post

Download the 6.0 firmware from where?
                  It's a ship and forget tv box.
                  No Android 6 firmware from the manufacturer.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

It's a ship and forget tv box.
                    No Android 6 firmware from the manufacturer.
                    Thanks, my box hardware is exactly the same as the V88 MINI II, so try to try this firmware to work on my box

Comment

I just recieved this V88 mini II from gearbest and it's with Android 6. Firmware date is 20170518. It have 3 launchers )) but no custom settings menu, only android settings menu. So i cannt chang resolution and check other functions. resolusion as for is only 1280*720 no more, but i have a FullHD monitor. try to contact with gearbest manager to recieve any firmware from them.

Comment

Originally posted by blackra View Post
                        I just recieved this V88 mini II from gearbest and it's with Android 6. Firmware date is 20170518. It have 3 launchers )) but no custom settings menu, only android settings menu. So i cannt chang resolution and check other functions. resolusion as for is only 1280*720 no more, but i have a FullHD monitor. try to contact with gearbest manager to recieve any firmware from them.
                        In the Android settings you don't have a display output option? Odd because this box should be using the same firmware as the V88 plus which has that option. On Android 5.1 it's a subcategory under display.

Comment

I've found where ican change display resolution )) It is in "Display output" in hdmi section. Very strange. But it's only HD resolution even i choose FHD.

Comment

I'm assuming you have a 4k tv? If you are make sure your using a hdmi 2.0 cable.

Comment

No, I have only FHD monitor. And as far as i know most of rk3229 have the same problem - only 1280*720 resolution. For my tanix tx2 r2 i found one method how to watch youtube with FHD and may be 4K resolution in settings. Also stock RKMC now shows all video with correct resolution. You can tray to add: sys.display-size=3840x2160
                              to the build,prop. You just need to root the box first. made a backup first

method not working on this box. don't what to do else.... don't buy this piece of sh*t
                              Last edited by blackra; 07-14-2017, 13:14.

Comment

Working...
                              X