Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scishion V88 TV Box - won't install any apks and google play keeps crashing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scishion V88 TV Box - won't install any apks and google play keeps crashing!

Hi. I'm relatively new to the world of TV boxes so purchased the V88 as it seemed decent and very reasonably priced, so I wouldn't be too bothered if I messed it up.

I've been running it for a few months without too much issue. I noticed that I couldn't install additional apps such as mobdro and play store kept crashing (just dropping back to the android screen at irregular times) but it didn't bother me too much as kodi was preinstalled so I installed a build and was happy.

Then the box started to tell me to update to kodi 17.1. As playstore wasn't working (despite me uninstalling updates, etc. which several internet pages said might help) I couldn't install ES file installer (when playstore worked long enough to get to the end of the installation it showed error message 505, if I remember correctly), so I tried to sideload the kodi update file using the native file explorer and the apk installer - as with mobdro via play, I would get an error at the end of the file installation.

I did some internet searching and found suggestions about installing an app that would give info about the error but I can't install the app so that's no good. Further reading made me think it could be the operating system or lack of space on the box so I restored factory settings and tried to install the file from a memory card, still no joy. I learned how to re-set the box with the button in the av port then to flash it and re-install the firmware but again no joy. Clutching at straws I started looking into opening ports on my wifi router, but my friend reports similar issues on the same make of box but has wifi/router from a different provider so I guess it's probably not that.

I'm really not sure where to go from here. Can anybody give any suggestions? Any help will be greatly appreciated....
    Last edited by Davenom; 05-03-2017, 13:08.

Install the last rom that is in gearbest. Android 6.0.1

Comment

Thanks. I just checked Gearbest but the only update link I could find was this one - http://www.gearbest.com/blog/downloa...mware-pack-101, which is android 5.1. I found a couple of other sites that seemed to have the right version but when I downloaded it rockchip said it was corrupted. Can you point me to the right page to get Android 6.0.1 please?

Comment

In the description you will find this text:
        Click it to download the newest firmware of Android 6.0 version
        Attention: Android 5.1 and Android 6.0 version product are shipped at random

Just click on IT

Comment

SCISHION V88 plus Smart TV
          With the browser, https://apkpure.com/app
          Pull the app

Comment

What do you do if your v88 box won't stop showing android on screen? Remote won't turn it off. I tried unplugging and didn't work. This is frustrating!!

Comment

Working...
            X