V88 Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V88 Plus

Anyone​ here own V88 Plus? Ordered mine at GearBest. Board is MX4V board, it originally had Android 6 on it which got corrupted so ended up flashing this firmware on it https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz4...l0V2RBSDA/view. If anyone here knows about a newer firmware would please fell free to share.

I own this one and also bricked my android. There is no marshmellow firmware released yet, however this 5.1.1 version is much better. They stripped out passthrough and hdmi setting from newer one which renders that firmware useless for me. Also there is no root so you cant use resolution changer, which with this box is a must.

Comment

When I had Android 6.0 it was 04.08.2017 build, it had root however it lacked 4k at 60hz. Was only able to get it at 30hz. Also the av out was stuck in pal and didn't do anything when switching it to ntsc. Not sure about passtrough since I don't use it. I started this post before I knew how crappy 6.0 was, Hopefully there will be a newer build out that resolves the issues.

Comment

I was able to get a newer firmware, released on 05-02-2017. Haven't tested it out fully however it flashes fine and boots up. Here's the link https://mega.nz/#!ILgVXQ7J!QrkZNxo9v...nbZUqTEAGclbQU

Comment

anthony96 thank you for the link.
          I will give it a go on the V88 mini.
          Cheers
          Kevin

Comment

Not sure if that will work with your box, they do have the same wifi card according to GearBest specs (rtl 8723cs). Let me know if it works for you.

Comment

Yes it is working. WiFi and Bluetooth ok .Doing more tests.
              Will report back
              Cheers
              Kevin

Comment

Hello Kevin,
                I'm relatively new in the forum, seeking for help to recover my MX4N-V02 logic board. This board came with the black MXQ Pro 4K housing as opposed to others who have the S905 I got the MX4N. Anyways long story short I need the stock rom any suggestions appreciated. For the past month I've been trying with all sorts of .IMG files that are supposedly working FW for this specific board the tool used to upload it does so successfully however upon booting it goes to the Android Recovery and that's it... the LED from red turns blue and it stays there for ever, I really don't quite understand what state the board is at this point but I have not been able to move forward, what am I missing? some images I've tried show me the RedBean logo then turns my screen green , others say Android and nothing else... appreciate any orientation you or anyone in this thread that has gone thru this experience to please help me... i'm running out of resources...

BTW, i have a post in this site with a pic , the board is the MX4N-V02 .. thanks

Comment

geacmbo,

Pretty sure any v88 firmware should work on that mx4n board assuming you have SSV6051 WiFi chip. Have you tried this one http://download.appinthestore.com.s3...09_Spectek.zip ? Also make sure you use android tool 2.1 select your IMG > erase flash > upgrade.

Comment

Thanks Anthony96 for your feedback, that takes care at least for the images to look for, you are right it does have that chip for WiFi but it differs on the flash chip this one is Enssecore I've seen boards with Kingston so not aure if that also impedes my version to run any of those images, right now finished loading another successfull image and its stuck in the initial logo screen, I hope that flash isn't screwed up, I'll check out your recommendation. Thanks

Comment

Give it a try, erasing flash before flashing new firmware ensures all the memory blocks are erased (/boot /system /recovery /data /cache /misc).

Comment

I did just that, to ensure working on a clean flash, the action always completes successfully which implies I "may" have no particular issues with the chip itself so based on that good positive, I flashed the image you provided in the above link, it does everything well until it starts to do the verification part at the end, here it stops at 66%, I've ran images where it fails at 98% for example, HOWEVER, I still power off/on and I get the Android Recovery screen ...check my attachments... it always reaches here and I can't go beyond this.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	falshtool_output.JPG
Views:	450
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	649636Click image for larger version

Name:	output_screen.JPG
Views:	500
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	649633Click image for larger version

Name:	mx4n-v02 nand and wifi.JPG
Views:	982
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	649634Click image for larger version

Name:	closer_look_essencore_nand.JPG
Views:	432
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	649635

Attached Files
                        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

Try using Rockchip developer tool https://mega.nz/#!gahQwb5L!nDEKiQvR-...rsp5gfviQaG2Nw, You might have better results. See instructions bellow.

1. Update driver to 4.5 (I included this), make sure you uninstall older driver first.
                          2. Run rk develop tool.
                          3. At the bottom of program select boot, I included bootloader for you "RK322XMiniLoaderAll_V2.32_spectek.bin"
                          4. Select erase ID Block once its done select erase all blocks.
                          5. Now select download to flash bootloader back.
                          6. Try flashing firmware again.

Hopefully that works for you, meanwhile I'll see if I can find original firmware for you from a retailer. I had luck in the past getting firmware from sellers.
                          Last edited by anthony96; 06-02-2017, 20:23.

Comment

OK, will do... i'll get back to yah let you know how it goes... I really do appreciate the assistance Anthony.... Thanks again.

Comment

Well, nothing significant except for the erase block ID and upload the .bin file included everything else remains as is, after flashing firmware it downloads it all 100% but when checking it , it fails however same result as before I can power down and up will see the Android logo for a few seconds then my monitor turns green and it stays so until I power off. I can press the reset button and bring up the recovery part but it really doesn't make a difference , the option of SD upgrade never works, it doesn't see the drive E: even when I have the SD card in it needless to say not even sure if what I have on the SD (as per instructions) would even work ... i'll keep at it, let me know if we are lucky enough to get the original ROM/Firmware for this logic board..

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                              X