Processor: RK3229
    CPU: ARM Cortex-A7,RK3229
    Core: 1.5GHz
    GPU: Mali400MP2
    RAM: 2G
    RAM Type: DDR3
    ROM: 16G
    Max. Extended Capacity: 128G
    Decoder Format: AVS,H.264/AVC,H.265/AVC,HD AVC/VC-1,HD MPEG1/2/4,RealVideo8/9/10,Xvid/DivX3/4/5/6
    Video format: 4K x 2K,AVS,H.264,H.265,ISO,MKV,MOV,MP4,MPEG1,MPEG2,RM, VC-1,WMV
    Audio format: AAC,AC3,APE,DDP,DTS,FLAC,HD,MP3,OGA,TrueHD,WAV,WMA
    Photo Format: BMP,JPEG,PNG,TIFF
    WIFI: 802.11b/g/n
    Bluetooth: Bluetooth2.0
    Power Supply: Charge Adapter
    Interface: AV,DC 5V,HDMI,LAN,SPDIF,TF card,USB2.0
    Language: English,French,Germany,Multi-language
    HDMI Version: 2.0
    System Bit: 32Bit
    Power Type: External Power Adapter Mode
    Power Adapter Input: 100-240V / 50-60Hz
    Power Adapter Output: 5V 2A
    Remote Controller Battery: 2 x 3V AAA battery ( not included )
    Product weight: 0.1230 kg
    Package weight: 0.3940 kg
    Product size (L x W x H): 10.50 x 10.50 x 1.00 cm / 4.13 x 4.13 x 0.39 inches
    Package size (L x W x H): 18.50 x 11.50 x 6.50 cm / 7.28 x 4.53 x 2.56 inches
    Package Contents: 1 x TX2 - R2 TV Box, 1 x Remote Controller, 1 x Charger Adapter, 1 x HDMI Cable

Gearbest
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Resolution only 1280*720. Tanix manager confirmed this. If you add: sys.display-size=3840x2160 to the build,prop you can choose 1080p in Youtube. Need root and backup firmware if smth goes wrong )
    firmware "TX2_3229_6.0_B4_8703bs_20170710" here: https://mega.nz/#!vYkUTK7J!eqe6XcSh9...59pzQ_9X4dZa-U
    My review and how to add that command in build.prop. Video on russian lang.- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zcl4W7U-hGE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJlnRkVgq2Q

Comment

Originally posted by blackra View Post
      Resolution only 1280*720. Tanix manager confirmed this. If you add: sys.display-size=3840x2160 to the build,prop you can choose 1080p in Youtube. Need root and backup firmware if smth goes wrong )
      firmware "TX2_3229_6.0_B4_8703bs_20170710" here: https://mega.nz/#!vYkUTK7J!eqe6XcSh9...59pzQ_9X4dZa-U
      My review and how to add that command in build.prop. Video on russian lang.- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zcl4W7U-hGE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJlnRkVgq2Q
      Are you talking about the UI resolution being 720p or the maximum video output resolution?
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Well this box doesn't seem to have the "miracast" app for casting content which was present in other RK3229 devices. Also it didn't have RockChipMediaCenter, hence the RKRemoteControl app does not work on it. Otherwise the box works good. Sideloading RK Media Center lets us use the remote app, but the mouse pointer mode doesn't work using the app.

Comment

bluesmanuk
          all progs for test (cpu z, aida64) show that resolution only 720p. when i made a screenshot of video it's also only 1280*720. After i added that command in build.prop i can choose 1080p in Youtube.
          Also manager from tanix confirmed that it's only 1280*720 resolution

Comment

Originally posted by blackra View Post
            bluesmanuk
            all progs for test (cpu z, aida64) show that resolution only 720p. when i made a screenshot of video it's also only 1280*720. After i added that command in build.prop i can choose 1080p in Youtube.
            Also manager from tanix confirmed that it's only 1280*720 resolution
            Can confirm this fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Transporter_15 View Post

Can confirm this fact.
              I confess that is the first time that I have ever seen a 4K box that can only output to 720p.

The 720p element usually refers to the size of the UI interface, which can also be 720p but the HDMI 2 port should always be able to output to the specifications of the device, which is 4K.

720p interfaces do often by default set the maximum output for Youtube at 720p, as do a lot of other boxes, with little tricks here and there to enable 1080p.

Applications such as the default media player and Kodi should still be able to output to the maximum that is supported.

So this is defiitely a very rare thing then.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

I confess that is the first time that I have ever seen a 4K box that can only output to 720p.

The 720p element usually refers to the size of the UI interface, which can also be 720p but the HDMI 2 port should always be able to output to the specifications of the device, which is 4K.

720p interfaces do often by default set the maximum output for Youtube at 720p, as do a lot of other boxes, with little tricks here and there to enable 1080p.

Applications such as the default media player and Kodi should still be able to output to the maximum that is supported.

So this is defiitely a very rare thing then.
                Prior to this I had the scishion V88 TV Box, and it did the same thing as this box. So I do not think it's a new thing for these Chinese boxes.

Comment

original answer from "天空很蓝" <[email protected]>
                  "Hello,
                  ]We got response the factory.
                  1. it can set to be 1920*1080. But because of RK3229 CPU's original small network settingЈ¬the factory makes default setting as 1280*720 for smoothier experience.

2. as for Cellular network menu this function requires that the box supports 3G or 4G internet card, which does NOT come with Tx2 r2 TV box. So it can't use this function. Later they will delete this word in menu.

English version's fireware will be updated next week.

Best Rgds,

John
                  "

As a buyer i'm stiil sure that this box and other with rk3229 and new rk3328 show me 720p picture. While the test programs do not confirm the opposite, I will think so.

Comment

Sometimes things can get lost in translation.

But in the dozens of boxes that I have used, I have never seen one that would not output through the HDMI port what it was technically capable of.

But even if the changes made enable 1080p, the box should still be capable of 4K, which you can verify by playing 4K material but also looking at what your TV states about the resolution that is set when particular devices are plugged in.

Although this can only be verified on a $K capable set though.

Out of interest though, because it has peaked my interest, when you first set it up and went into the display settings, was 1080P an option on the display settings menu?

Comment

OK. Prove to me that video i watch is in true FHD. I have an FHD monitor. It's not matter what settings this box choosed by default. The result remains the same despite the change of permission. As you can see in my video i made a screenshot and it's 1280*720 in all progs and videos. When i do the same thing on other box where FHD is working i got 1920*1080 screenshot.
                      Because of errors in the firmware, other set-top boxes by default can determine my monitor as HD only and i manually adjust it as FHD.

Comment

I can't talk about monitors and their capabilities but on every TV set I have had for many years now, when a device powers up, the TV automatically displays the resolution that the box is configured for.

There are also features on some sets that can give you more information in the settings about the port status's.

Perhaps it's worth looking at the monitor options.

Some monitors and TV's, may also only accept a 1080i signal based upon the version of HDMI port that is onboard and therefore as far as progressive video is concerned, 720p would be the maximum allowed, although such items may well be quite old.

But who knows.

I would still find it hard to think that an RK3229 device, for which there are many that have been around for a fair while now, would not have easily compiled firmware from the official Rockchip SDK for which 4K output would not be a problem for anybody to incorporate into the firmware.

And whilst some vendors have been know not to be honest with some hardware specs, I cannot imagine that any would put a very old specification HDMI 3 port on a 2016/2017 box.

Comment

Ive only had one 3229. D5 and it does 4k no problem. Maybe its a old part put into cheap device not like that hasnt been done before. Would be courious if it was flashed with a different firmware that has same wifi if it changed results. I know possible brick but sometimes a saving grace for crap firmware devices
                          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                            Ive only had one 3229. D5 and it does 4k no problem. Maybe its a old part put into cheap device not like that hasnt been done before. Would be courious if it was flashed with a different firmware that has same wifi if it changed results. I know possible brick but sometimes a saving grace for crap firmware devices
                            Yes although putting in an ancient HDMI 1.3 sport would really be taking the michael and would have to go right to the top of the list of cheapness lol

That is even if you can buy 1.3 ports in bulk.

Or it would have to be the worlds worst stock firmware release ever and that would be saying something bearing in mind some of the stuff that we have seen.

I've had 3 RK3229 boxes myself now and configured another 2 and HDMI 2 was a given.

Comment

Well I have connected it to my Philips 1080p TV, and it shows the output to be 1080p when TV is set in hdmi mode with the box turned on. Even the RK fork of Kodi showed a an output of 1920*1080 in system info. But youtube only plays till 720p and CPU shows res as 720p. Wonder what is the real thing here...

Comment

Working...
                              X