Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help, Xgodi R-Box rk3229_D16 v1.2, NEED STOCK OR CLOSE TO SPEC ROM CUSTOM OR,, (they called it a MINI MX)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help, Xgodi R-Box rk3229_D16 v1.2, NEED STOCK OR CLOSE TO SPEC ROM CUSTOM OR,, (they called it a MINI MX)

I just purchased from xgodi (never again) as was not anything they said it was, but its a ott mini r-box rk3229_d16 v1.2 1/8 gig device, it froze crashed and now won't even boot to recovery, need stock or custom ROM even of close nature that may work, I've tried rupa mini r and many others and rupa almost boots but even booting to recovery rebooting still gets stuck freazing in the initialize stage after boot screen, if makes it that far, I am new to this and can tell when did work good is decent for the cost, but this is my third box I've went through and paid extra on the promise of custom build loaded with stable ROM, and they erased the add off **** found the seller (xgody rep) and sent multiple messages about return or getting ROM to flash that's stable. I've tried making an xgody account and contacting support, every message since before made the account fails saying, "anti spam protection,, message failed" has a phone number but with out of country prefix that NY phone won't dial, sorry enough of me complaining that's not my goal, just if anyone has anything close or any ideas on helping me fix this box I paid fifty bucks for that lasted 2 days then crapped, would be in your debt, I'll attach photos of the board and as much as I can to help in the exact internals as I am new and no way to tell besides what is on the board because I didn't get to copy details before it crashed completely on me, thank you and love this site its heaven to me and helped in so many ways you guys and galls are the greatest and just wanted to say that. Everyone on here is good people and just wanted to say thank for the help you have brought me and my friends and family in the past as I fix all there electronics and if wasn't for here. XDA and a couple others LA lot of people "myself included", would be lost and have a lot of devices in the trash or not customized to a persons needs or enjoys✌✌love coming from Fairbanks Alaska,,, David
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 5 photos.

Hello,
    For helping you, need a better picture of the wifi chipset.
    See photo with red mark or type what you see on it.Click image for larger version  Name:	image_25405.jpg Views:	1 Size:	119.9 KB ID:	658137

Comment

Originally posted by Absalom447 View Post
      I just purchased from xgodi (never again) as was not anything they said it was, but its a ott mini r-box rk3229_d16 v1.2 1/8 gig device, it froze crashed and now won't even boot to recovery, need stock or custom ROM even of close nature that may work, I've tried rupa mini r and many others and rupa almost boots but even booting to recovery rebooting still gets stuck freazing in the initialize stage after boot screen, if makes it that far, I am new to this and can tell when did work good is decent for the cost, but this is my third box I've went through and paid extra on the promise of custom build loaded with stable ROM, and they erased the add off **** found the seller (xgody rep) and sent multiple messages about return or getting ROM to flash that's stable. I've tried making an xgody account and contacting support, every message since before made the account fails saying, "anti spam protection,, message failed" has a phone number but with out of country prefix that NY phone won't dial, sorry enough of me complaining that's not my goal, just if anyone has anything close or any ideas on helping me fix this box I paid fifty bucks for that lasted 2 days then crapped, would be in your debt, I'll attach photos of the board and as much as I can to help in the exact internals as I am new and no way to tell besides what is on the board because I didn't get to copy details before it crashed completely on me, thank you and love this site its heaven to me and helped in so many ways you guys and galls are the greatest and just wanted to say that. Everyone on here is good people and just wanted to say thank for the help you have brought me and my friends and family in the past as I fix all there electronics and if wasn't for here. XDA and a couple others LA lot of people "myself included", would be lost and have a lot of devices in the trash or not customized to a persons needs or enjoys✌✌love coming from Fairbanks Alaska,,, David
      Hi Absalom447 ,

there is for sure a Rom for you Box , but we need Info over WifiChip and dont waste your Time to

contact them , is the Box still recognized by PC / Flashtool ??? What Windows do u use ??? are the

Drivers installed ??? please answer / greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hello everybody,
        Thanks for all the information.

It seems the OP may have given up trying to make his box work. I would like to catch up the hook of this thread because I've got an identical product, branded as Nexbox A96X, which Nexbox claim to not be the manufacturer: http://www.tvboxforum.com/showthread...15831#pid15831.

The seller doesn't have a clue about its firmware. The box came with a very strange firmware: Android informs version 7.1.1 (Nougat), but the hidden Android Easter Egg screen (tapping Android Version in Settings) displays the Marshmellow logo and game. Since Tincore app couldn't install its Service, I decided to flash other firmware, hoping for Tincore to work. I've searched and found this totally compatible Lollipop firmware:

Tincore worked flawlessly with new (old) firmware. The only issue I had was Netflix, which presents desync in audio/image. I read in a lot of places on the internet that is because of Lollipop. In fact, in Marshmellow Netflix worked great. Maybe a good Marshmellow image would suit better my device, instead of the original one.

Still the question of the OP: What are compatible images for this device? I took some pictures, if you, more experienced guys could help me. Including the above depicted WiFi chip.

To sum up the post, I want a rom that makes Tincore and Netflix (as well the majority of programs) work accordingly.

Thanks in advance!
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by dplc81 View Post
          Hello everybody,
          Thanks for all the information.

It seems the OP may have given up trying to make his box work. I would like to catch up the hook of this thread because I've got an identical product, branded as Nexbox A96X, which Nexbox claim to not be the manufacturer: http://www.tvboxforum.com/showthread...15831#pid15831.

The seller doesn't have a clue about its firmware. The box came with a very strange firmware: Android informs version 7.1.1 (Nougat), but the hidden Android Easter Egg screen (tapping Android Version in Settings) displays the Marshmellow logo and game. Since Tincore app couldn't install its Service, I decided to flash other firmware, hoping for Tincore to work. I've searched and found this totally compatible Lollipop firmware:
          http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot....511-stock.html

Tincore worked flawlessly with new (old) firmware. The only issue I had was Netflix, which presents desync in audio/image. I read in a lot of places on the internet that is because of Lollipop. In fact, in Marshmellow Netflix worked great. Maybe a good Marshmellow image would suit better my device, instead of the original one.

Still the question of the OP: What are compatible images for this device? I took some pictures, if you, more experienced guys could help me. Including the above depicted WiFi chip.

To sum up the post, I want a rom that makes Tincore and Netflix (as well the majority of programs) work accordingly.

Thanks in advance!
          Wow, very shady of them to put Nougat stickers on the board and trick the Android OS to show a newer Android version, maybe trying to trick users to think it is a RK3328.
          You need MM for correct Netflix audio.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Wow, very shady of them to put Nougat stickers on the board and trick the Android OS to show a newer Android version, maybe trying to trick users to think it is a RK3328.
            You need MM for correct Netflix audio.
            Yeah, this is what it looks like to me. I remember I noted somewhere the build of the firmware, if I find it, I'll post here.

At least the hardware looks very well built, and works well, aside of firmware issues.

Thanks, I'll try to find some MM firmware. Is there too much risk of bricking my box if I try some different roms? I mean, risk of the RKBatchTool not recognizing my device anymore after a wrong flashing...

Comment

Originally posted by dplc81 View Post

Yeah, this is what it looks like to me. I remember I noted somewhere the build of the firmware, if I find it, I'll post here.

At least the hardware looks very well built, and works well, aside of firmware issues.

Thanks, I'll try to find some MM firmware. Is there too much risk of bricking my box if I try some different roms? I mean, risk of the RKBatchTool not recognizing my device anymore after a wrong flashing...
              Hi ,

if you use a FW from a Box with same Specs , no , but nearly all RK Boxes can be unbricked by "shortenPins" ,

so if u sure that , CPU , RAM , ROM , WIFICHIP , are the same give it a try . good luck / gefattern

Comment

Thank you, gefattern.

I'd rather not mess too much with hardware pins, I suck at motor skills.

It seems I must do an extensive search in order to find a compatible firmware.

I've found some clones (Rupa Mini A5, R-TV Mini MX), but I think since this is an obsolete hardware, the last stable version is indeed 5.1.1. The ones with 7.1.1 may have the same firmware that came with my box.

Anyway, I'm asking some youtubers that posted videos with similar gadgets to mine to check their builds.

Comment

Hi,

I've found Scishion V88 TV Box is compatible with my device A96X. So I was able to flash this firmware on it:
                  V88_RK3229_6.0_MX4N_Wifi Spectek_20170405

Only two things didn't work:

1) The remote controller (Which I assume needs additional drivers)
                  2) Memory detected is 1GB when my device has 2GB.

Also, it's a shame, Tincore app is incompatible with this FW, I don't know why. Even in my original FW (the fake 7.1.1/Marshmallow) it installed (but didin't work). Tincore has not been updated more than a year, so maybe that's normal.

Do you have any suggestions of more compatible firmwares (Marshmallow desirable)?

Comment

Working...
                  X