Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[HELP] A95X R1 - Bootloop and firmware - RK3229 or S90?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KyCerise View Post

Sorry, any method for unbrick the device? I've downloaded the Tanix TX 3 Mini firmware.

I've used the program Burn Card Maker and prepared a SD card and got three files, the .img file, aml_sdc_burn.ini and aml_sdc_burn.UBOOT

I inserted it onto the sd card reader of the box and hitted the button hidden on the A/V port with no results.

By the way, I've messaged the seller because he said that he would send me the firmware by email but I've got no answer, the seller just said to my that they are on holiday(?)
    Maybe it's some kind of holiday on china.

But anyway, I'm desperate now.
    Hi ,

that sounds not nice , good luck / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

that sounds not nice , good luck / gefattern
      Any methods of how to unbrick the tv box?

Comment

Any methods of how to unbrick the tv box?
        Hi ,

not sure maybe with StockRom and "shortPins" Way ???

you need StockRom to Restore .

hope it helps / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

not sure maybe with StockRom and "shortPins" Way ???

you need StockRom to Restore .

hope it helps / gefattern
          There is a way to extract the rom from another box?

Comment

There is a way to extract the rom from another box?
            Hi ,

not sure not a Pro , have to search , but maybe with ADB ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

i have the exact same h/w including the board, wifi and s905x chips
              the firmware that worked for me was this firmware.

all the others i tried failed at 2%
              the big issue with this firmware is that all cores except one always turned off
              but it's an ok firmware if you need to recover from red light soft-brick

hope someone can help me find a good working android rom for this box
              we need a file that starts with cyx_a95x-a1_905x_9082c_8g1g_verionshere

the sad part is sellers selling this box as a nexbox, which it isnt
              it's a1 a95x model also made by cyx: http://www.cyxtech.com/T02/cn/product/a95x_a1.html

seems impossible to find any other stock firmware than the one i posted
              been looking for days

Comment

Originally posted by howardo View Post
                i have the exact same h/w including the board, wifi and s905x chips
                the firmware that worked for me was this firmware.

all the others i tried failed at 2%
                the big issue with this firmware is that all cores except one always turned off
                but it's an ok firmware if you need to recover from red light soft-brick

hope someone can help me find a good working android rom for this box
                we need a file that starts with cyx_a95x-a1_905x_9082c_8g1g_verionshere

the sad part is sellers selling this box as a nexbox, which it isnt
                it's a1 a95x model also made by cyx: http://www.cyxtech.com/T02/cn/product/a95x_a1.html

seems impossible to find any other stock firmware than the one i posted
                been looking for days
                You sure this works with the S905W SoC of the A95X R1?

Comment

You sure this works with the S905W SoC of the A95X R1?
                  i was under the impression you had a s905x board. I don't think it works on s905w
                  are you sure you have s905w?
                  from what i've seen we have the exact same boards
                  markings, names, everything

your board name is also the same as mine; a95xa1_v1_0
                  see: https://i.imgur.com/WjKcHaR.jpg
                  same date too, for me this firmware fixed my soft red light brick

you have the A1 board in a R1 case, your board has a s905x
                  i'm pretty confident, A1 = amlogic, R1 = rockchip
                  im also pretty sure there's no A1 board with a s905w, only s905x

the big downside; this firmware somehow disables 3 cores all the time
                  even after changing the governors they're always turned off
                  also turned off in kodi when playing back files

the same hot plug governor in linux based roms turns the cores on/off on demand just fine
                  so the firmware sucks for daily usage but is great for recovering this board
                  Last edited by howardo; 10-03-2017, 13:13.

Comment

i was under the impression you had a s905x board. I don't think it works on s905w
                    are you sure you have s905w?
                    from what i've seen we have the exact same boards
                    markings, names, everything

your board name is also the same as mine; a95xa1_v1_0
                    see: https://i.imgur.com/WjKcHaR.jpg
                    same date too, for me this firmware fixed my soft red light brick

you have the A1 board in a R1 case, your board has a s905x
                    i'm pretty confident, A1 = amlogic, R1 = rockchip
                    im also pretty sure there's no A1 board with a s905w, only s905x

the big downside; this firmware somehow disables 3 cores all the time
                    even after changing the governors they're always turned off
                    also turned off in kodi when playing back files

the same hot plug governor in linux based roms turns the cores on/off on demand just fine
                    so the firmware sucks for daily usage but is great for recovering this board
                    You have very interesting and important information about the boards.
                    I can't get the heatsink off, I think it's glued so I can't say to you precisly what SoC is, but it's an Amlogic.

So, with that ROM I will be able to watch netflix or some 720p videos at least?

Comment

You have very interesting and important information about the boards.
                      I can't get the heatsink off, I think it's glued so I can't say to you precisly what SoC is, but it's an Amlogic.

So, with that ROM I will be able to watch netflix or some 720p videos at least?
                      i'm 100% sure we have the exact same board

what are the chances they produce 2 A1 boards on the same date with different h/w?

there is only 1 stock android rom i could find, which disabled 3 of the 4 cores
                      no matter what load the box is under, they will stay off

i suggest restoring your box with it
                      then use toothpick to boot from sd card with libre elec
                      their generic s905x works good
                      you'll have no wifi though, the chips sources are not leaked (yet)

good luck and let me know if you find a better stock android rom
                      seems impossible to find even though both nexbox a95x and this a95x a1 are made by cyx

maybe someone on this forum with contacts at cyx can give us information or firmware

good luck!

Comment

i'm 100% sure we have the exact same board

what are the chances they produce 2 A1 boards on the same date with different h/w?

there is only 1 stock android rom i could find, which disabled 3 of the 4 cores
                        no matter what load the box is under, they will stay off

i suggest restoring your box with it
                        then use toothpick to boot from sd card with libre elec
                        their generic s905x works good
                        you'll have no wifi though, the chips sources are not leaked (yet)

good luck and let me know if you find a better stock android rom
                        seems impossible to find even though both nexbox a95x and this a95x a1 are made by cyx

maybe someone on this forum with contacts at cyx can give us information or firmware

good luck!
                        Looks like it's doesn't work with the toothpick method

What is Libre ELEC?

By the way I tried the "shortpin" method and managed to make the device recognizable again, the problem is that when I try to flash the device with the burning tool errors shows up and the sound of unplugged device plays.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by KyCerise; 10-07-2017, 01:20.

Comment

Looks like it's doesn't work with the toothpick method

What is Libre ELEC?

By the way I tried the "shortpin" method and managed to make the device recognizable again, the problem is that when I try to flash the device with the burning tool errors shows up and the sound of unplugged device plays.
                          the errors are due to wrong firmware, which one are you trying to flash? the one I linked to?

once in usb burn mode the sound will sound a few times but flashing should go without error

the error you're getting is because the firmware you try to flash is not compatible

once you see "connect success" you can press start and it should flash properly when using the right firmware
                          it took me over 7 firmwares before i found one that flashed properly
                          i now cherish that semi broken firmware as it is great to recover from

at least you can get the usb tool to see your box, thats important
                          now to find a matching firmware, it will be trial and error

i would try the one i posted, we have the same board, even same manufacture date

libreelec is a firmware that is very very minimal, it only loads Kodi

Comment

the errors are due to wrong firmware, which one are you trying to flash? the one I linked to?

once in usb burn mode the sound will sound a few times but flashing should go without error

the error you're getting is because the firmware you try to flash is not compatible

once you see "connect success" you can press start and it should flash properly when using the right firmware
                            it took me over 7 firmwares before i found one that flashed properly
                            i now cherish that semi broken firmware as it is great to recover from

at least you can get the usb tool to see your box, thats important
                            now to find a matching firmware, it will be trial and error

i would try the one i posted, we have the same board, even same manufacture date

libreelec is a firmware that is very very minimal, it only loads Kodi
                            It's the firmware you provided me, I guess I have to keep looking for firmwares.

Comment

that's odd, it would imply we have different ddr ram
                              at least usb writer detects it, now you have to indeed try and try

if at all possible contact the seller maybe they got some stock firmware
                              it doesn't matter which version
                              you can extract the DDR file out and use it in a newer version so it flashes ok

good luck and let me know if you find one that works, i wil try it too
                              there was only 1 i could find that was for the a95x a1...
                              if i google on it now i just end up finding my own threads lol

also keep an eye on this page; http://www.a95x.com/a95x-a1/
                              im hoping a firmware will be shared there at some point

Comment

try to flash the tanix mini tx3 s905w firmware:
                                MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

tanix mini tx3 have the same wifi chip, check the photo from the tanix pcb:
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Skirttles; 10-15-2017, 16:57.

Comment

Working...
                                X