Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MXQ PRO 4K RK3229 after firmware restore box won't boot

Hello Community

I have a MXQ 4k (not the PRO version) RK 3229 Chip.

I wanted to root the box but it wasn't successful. So I decided to start from scratch and restored the box with Android 6.01 firmware by a USB Cable. The firmware download was successful. At booting up the box said 'failed to mount /mnt/external_sd' it wiped out the data and reformatted it. Then the box stuck at the MBOX logo. I never used a SD card.I even don't have any. I tried different firmware and used the Factory Tool v1.43e and RockChip Batch tool V1.8.

Any ideas what I should do?

Thank you.

Originally posted by Mike1832 View Post
    Hello Community

I have a MXQ 4k (not the PRO version) RK 3229 Chip.

I wanted to root the box but it wasn't successful. So I decided to start from scratch and restored the box with Android 6.01 firmware by a USB Cable. The firmware download was successful. At booting up the box said 'failed to mount /mnt/external_sd' it wiped out the data and reformatted it. Then the box stuck at the MBOX logo. I never used a SD card.I even don't have any. I tried different firmware and used the Factory Tool v1.43e and RockChip Batch tool V1.8.

Any ideas what I should do?

Thank you.
    Hi ,

this Boxes are a little bit special , i think u flashed a FW with wrong Specs , please use

for RK flashing the latest Tools & Drivers , like here :

Datei: RKTools.zip. Die Datei wurde von einem User hochgeladen. Laden Sie auch kostenlos Dateien hoch mit File Upload.

u must be sure that the Specs are same RAM ROM Wifichip , otherwise this happens .

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Thank you gefattern

I'll try it.

Comment

I tried the RK Android Tool. The result is same. Since I tried so many firmware I found on the net, I guess it's almost impossible to find the correct firmware.

Comment

This box looks same as mine. https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/down...4k-tv-box.html

I tried all of those firmware, but none of them works.

Even when I open my box and find out the specs of my box, how I'm able to find the correct firmware?

Comment

Mike1832 , hi! Have you got any picture of your board?

If you post it here, we can recognize it easier.

There are a lot of MXQ 4K board releases, so every firmware is different.

Comment

Hello DS-1

I just tried to install another firmware. But now I can't connect the box to the pc witht he tooth stick method. Is it still worth to make photos of the board or is the box dead? The blue light is on, but no chance to connect to the pc. No device found...

Comment

Hello DS-1

I just tried to install another firmware. But now I can't connect the box to the pc witht he tooth stick method. Is it still worth to make photos of the board or is the box dead? The blue light is on, but no chance to connect to the pc. No device found...
                It's always good to share board pictures, so we can help you.

It's not dead, I believe it's only bricked.

Post the pics here and we can help you!

Comment

Originally posted by DS-1 View Post

It's always good to share board pictures, so we can help you.

It's not dead, I believe it's only bricked.

Post the pics here and we can help you!
                  Thank you. Here the link to the pictures.

The light isn't good. If you need detailed photos of some parts, let me know.

Comment

Thank you. Here the link to the pictures.

The light isn't good. If you need detailed photos of some parts, let me know.
                    It has 6051p chip wifi.

You need at least some 6051p wifi rom to try.

Comment

This link is better:

Comment

It has 6051p chip wifi.

You need at least some 6051p wifi rom to try.
                        Ok, should I do these instructions? http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...o-unbrick-3229

The thing, all the websites I found firmware doesn't mention for which specs the firmware is. At least I don't know better sources.

Comment

The link above to unbrick is for an other device. I think the box belongs to the garbage. How could I ever find the right firmware? Seems to be a lottery. May be someone has an idea. Thanks.

Comment

The link above to unbrick is for an other device. I think the box belongs to the garbage. How could I ever find the right firmware? Seems to be a lottery. May be someone has an idea. Thanks.
                            If someone has the same board as yours, he could helps.

Unfortunately I'm in the same situation: no one has a backup firmware of my board, so I can't unbrick it.

Comment

If someone has the same board as yours, he could helps.

Unfortunately I'm in the same situation: no one has a backup firmware of my board, so I can't unbrick it.
                              I see. How would you unbrick it? I can't even connect the box to the pc anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X