Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP: How to Update Firmware and Root on Tanix TX2 / Devices with RK3229?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP: How to Update Firmware and Root on Tanix TX2 / Devices with RK3229?

Hello All,

I'm new here and could not find a similar thread, hence started this one.

My problem started when I was trying to temporarily disable my root for an App that would not run with Root enabled. I used Kingroot (big mistake) on top of the root the box already had preinstalled and it ended up screwing up my preinstalled supersu that came with the box. Now the box is non rooted and I would like to go back to my rooted version, albeit with a new firmware I discovered, so reflashing is not a problem.

I went to the Tanix support page yesterday (Luckily) which seems to be taken down today. I managed to download the latest firmware (7.1) IMG file with a bunch of admin tools.

When I did get the firmware (there was an email with a link) I got very basic instructions. See image:

My question is this, can I used a TWRP style recovery tool to flash this box or do I need to use the Rockchip burning tool as suggested in the instructions.

I am keen to re-root the device as well as upgrade to the new firmware. Does anyone know the arm achitecture root file needed for this? Do I need to also install Google Apps? Can it all be done from TWRP or only the Rockchip tool (Need instructions for that!)?

Any help or video pointing me in the right direction would greatly help. Thanks and look-forward to some good news!

Hi ,

first you must use the PC to restore your Box , TWRP mostly is used to backup the "running Rom" , of course you

can flash with it too , but only in .zip format . U have a .img file , u must use the PC ,

about "root" most Roms are "prerooted" , after checked , only install SuperSU and update the binarys , ready , if

prerooted , please , first flash your Rom like instructed and report ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Thank you for this! It is quite simple with the Rockchip tool.

The IMG installs the firmware with the root preinstalled as explained by gefattern

Unfortunately, Android 7.1 has stopped my Amazon Prime video from working on the Tanix TX2, so I want to move back to Android 6.

Does anyone have the IMG file for this (Android 6 for RK3229 Tanix TX2)? Is the install procedure the same as the upgrade, i.e. just writing the IMG file with the Rockchip tool? Or do I need to wipe device or do anything special?

I want to do this immediately. Please advise.

Comment

Originally posted by g_patkar View Post
        Thank you for this! It is quite simple with the Rockchip tool.

The IMG installs the firmware with the root preinstalled as explained by gefattern

Unfortunately, Android 7.1 has stopped my Amazon Prime video from working on the Tanix TX2, so I want to move back to Android 6.

Does anyone have the IMG file for this (Android 6 for RK3229 Tanix TX2)? Is the install procedure the same as the upgrade, i.e. just writing the IMG file with the Rockchip tool? Or do I need to wipe device or do anything special?

I want to do this immediately. Please advise.
        Hi ,

if u find the right File it is the same , u only have to "eraseNand" before ,

for Tanix there are several Roms here to find , maybe the 7.1.2 has no

Widevine support , so your AmazonPrime cant work , think they need

it too ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Thanks gefattern - any links to the IMG / ROMS?

Comment

Hi ,

until now not , what about Tanix support ???

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hello, can anyone provide me the .zip file of the marshmallow rom (6.0) of this device. I flashed 7.1 via recovery and it gave an error and now it is stuck on "android" screen. PC refuses to detect the device although I have Installed drivers and short pins too (Windows 10 x64). Please help.

Comment

Working...
              X