Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alfawise A8 TV BOX Rockchip 3229 Android 8.1 - 2/16GB 2.4G WiFi 100Mbps Support 4K H.265

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dimkonst View Post

Thanks so much, I'll try it and write your impressions
    You are welcome, I hope you get the best out of the new Android, remember to please use the tool provided, I have tried with all the other tools and wasnt able to flash it successfully.

Comment

Wowzers! Obviously Netflix and L1 DRM is out of the question but 9.0 TVSTOCK gapps (leanback) would be the greatest thing ever

Comment

Now the A8 is a bit better, I was having trouble installing the new firmware (it continued to cycle), now I try it, sometimes I lost the mouse, I'll write for you later.

Comment

Originally posted by dimkonst View Post
          Now the A8 is a bit better, I was having trouble installing the new firmware (it continued to cycle), now I try it, sometimes I lost the mouse, I'll write for you later.
          I had same problem, when I tried it without DC adapter it was better. Generally it is better, I need only root, but I don't know have to make it.

Comment

Originally posted by mrlaugh01 View Post
            Root access could be achieved by:
            shell commands
            adb connect IP
            adb root
            adb connect IP
            adb disable-verity
            adb reboot
            then reconnect once booted:
            shell commands
            adb connect IP
            adb root
            adb connect IP
            adb remount
            # same as mount -o remount,rw /system

Done! You'll only need to disable-verity once.
            Done root. Installed SuperSu from the playstore app. But after reboot it went into bootloop (can't go beyond ANDROID logo). Any solution to this? (Using A8 pro 5G)

Comment

Originally posted by gary_t View Post

Done root. Installed SuperSu from the playstore app. But after reboot it went into bootloop (can't go beyond ANDROID logo). Any solution to this? (Using A8 pro 5G)
              You'll need to short the NAND and reload firmware. The. You can try using systemless SuperSU or Magisk Manager Install MagiskSU and to patch the boot.

Comment

Originally posted by mrlaugh01 View Post

You'll need to short the NAND and reload firmware. The. You can try using systemless SuperSU or Magisk Manager Install MagiskSU and to patch the boot.
                Installed another firmware (Android 9)...But WiFi isn't working in it.
                Also, Magisk wasn't working unfortunately. I have now dropped the idea to install SuperSu. I only wanted to install Viper4Android and looks like I need to wait for experimentation till lockdown gets over

Comment

You can also try a systemless SuperSU version.

Comment

I got this ROM or a similar one working on my RK3229 with WiFi 6051p (though the wifi didn't turn on but I use only ethernet anyway).

The only point for and my remote control, is that any ROM that worked 8.1, 7.1.2, 6.0.1 and others I never had remote control to turn the device on and off.

So I had to go back to 5.1.1 which seems faster at least (the box is pretty old 1GB/8GB).

Any ideas if I can get the remote control working from my 5.1.1 and stick to another ROM?

Comment

Help! After a failed attempt at flashing the 9.0 ROM I got stuck in a boot loop (Alfawise A8 2G/16G). Here's what I've tried:
                      - disconnect everything
                      - toothpick on button (confirmed!)
                      - connect USB4 to USB PC Port (using male-to-male cable)
                      - remove toothpick and connect power adapter
                      After doing this there's a red light for around 8 seconds then there's a flashing blue light. FactoryTool doesn't recognize the box (I tried several PC USB ports)
                      Anyone knows how to fix this?
                      Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by rcpinho View Post
                        Help! After a failed attempt at flashing the 9.0 ROM I got stuck in a boot loop (Alfawise A8 2G/16G). Here's what I've tried:
                        - disconnect everything
                        - toothpick on button (confirmed!)
                        - connect USB4 to USB PC Port (using male-to-male cable)
                        After doing this there's a red light for around 8 seconds then there's a flashing blue light. FactoryTool doesn't recognize the box (I tried several PC USB ports)
                        Anyone knows how to fix this?
                        Thanks in advance!
                        Have you tried to short the pin to bring it back?

Also, one step is in the incorrect order:

It has to be CONNECT USB CABLE AND REMOVE THE TOOTHPICK.

Comment

Yes. Be sure you do not have the power plugged in while using AndroidTool. Also, verify the correct drivers are loading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

merci

Comment

I think it is impossible to root Alfawise A8 android tv box. I tried every app and all the methods available. None of them were successfull. Anyone really rooted this box? Please let me know. Help me to root this box with exact methods.

Comment

I have errors to update via WiFi:

Any ideia?

Currrent Version

Update

Comment

Working...
                                X