Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alfawise A8, MaskRom Mode ONLY!

Help!
    I think I legit bricked this P.O.S. box! LoL went to flash a firmware (knowing it was probably the wrong firmware) push the toothpick reset before plugging into my PC and now all I have is a red light.
    I shorted the nand pins and now I can get my pc (android tools and rk batch tool) to recognize the box is MaskRom Mode ONLY! NowNow and ALL firmware I try ends in error DOWNLOAD BOOT FAIL
    I have 2 versions of the stock firmware for this box but neither work!
    Is it garbage now or can someone help!?
    Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by JG420 View Post
    Help!
    I think I legit bricked this P.O.S. box! LoL went to flash a firmware (knowing it was probably the wrong firmware) push the toothpick reset before plugging into my PC and now all I have is a red light.
    I shorted the nand pins and now I can get my pc (android tools and rk batch tool) to recognize the box is MaskRom Mode ONLY! NowNow and ALL firmware I try ends in error DOWNLOAD BOOT FAIL
    Thanks in advance!
    Hi ,

you now , i was and other will be in the same Situation , here only a SDBoot can help ,

i restored my UT3 yesterday with HDD Raw Copy Tool & a .imgc File of a UM3 Rom ,

now my Storage has only about 4GB , but i think this has to do with the Rom , because

UM3 is a 2/8GB Stick , gone try with another SDCard if it works with .img Files too ,

report the results , think the type of CPU makes no difference , my is RK3288 , shall

work with RK3229 hopefully too , press thumbs / gefattern

Comment

Help!
      Thanks in advance!
      Hi ,

have to report it did not work with stock .img Files , you , I & all others with that Problem

really need Users or Companys that will make Backups from the Boxes with the needed

Roms , with HDDRawCopy , so that you , I , can get the right Rom in .imgc Format .

So if another User will make a Backup of his A8 Rom with HDDRawCopy , there are good

chances that you can use your Box again , even if it only boots from a SDCard ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Dang ok so it's a brick until we can get our hands on a raw copy of the stock firmware in .imgc format?
        ill hold onto it for a bit then. See if anyone uploads the file we need.
        Thankfully I have an x96 mini to play with too

Comment

Dang ok so it's a brick until we can get our hands on a raw copy of the stock firmware in .imgc format?
          ill hold onto it for a bit then. See if anyone uploads the file we need.
          Thankfully I have an x96 mini to play with too
          Hi ,

you can still try to use the SDFirmwareTool for RK to try to boot from SD or upgrade over SD ,

maybe this works for you , if you not try you not know , good luck / gefattern

Ps : was able to get a Ugoos Linux Version to boot from SD / RK3288 dont forget

Comment

I tried what I thought was the RK sdtool and it always freezes and just closes (on a Windows 10 pc) it's not the sd card ejther, I've tried with 4 cards. All class 10 and one was purchased brand new just to try this. Maybe I have the wrong sdtools...do you have a link for the right program to make the boot card?
            and if I do manage to make the sd card, will I have to short the pins to boot the box from sd? Right now it's nothing but a red light in the box

Comment

just got the updated version of SD_Firmware_Tool...immediately fails on WRITING MBR FAILED

Comment

just got the updated version of SD_Firmware_Tool...immediately fails on WRITING MBR FAILED
                Hi ,

with this Error you are not alone , this happens when "SDBoot" is checked , uncheck it , only ,

Firmware Upgrade must be checked , and then if ready SD to Box , Power & wait , report results ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

with this Error you are not alone , this happens when "SDBoot" is checked , uncheck it , only ,

Firmware Upgrade must be checked , and the if ready SD to Box , Power & wait , report results ,

good luck / gefattern
                  Results with a successful SD card created were absolutely no results lol
                  inserted the card powered the box and my tv kept saying No Input. The red light remained and after 5 minutes absolutely nothing changed.

Comment

Hi ,

the best would be another A8 User makes a Backup with HDDRawCopy / .imgc File ,

so you can download , create a new SD with HDD , and boot from SD , hopefully ,

is there any Linux Version for your Box ??? maybe Linux boots with HDDRawCopy ,

like on my Box , good luck / gefattern

Comment

See this video i working for me interesa A8 maskrom mode

Subscribe To My Channel For More Tech Videos :) https://goo.gl/Qp13QnSubscribe+ Like+Share :)You would need the tools for this job you will find them in this...

Comment

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                        X