How Unbrick MXQ pro 4K (R329Q_V3.0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Unbrick MXQ pro 4K (R329Q_V3.0)

i no speak english, but have hope what help-me.
    I was recently trying to update my TV box, and it ended up brick, I need help because I can't find explanations for the model I'm using. And I need to unbrick it, the model and R329Q_V 3.0
    I need help to identify the point.

Note: No software detects the device, tried USB Burning, Android tool and RK Batch tool

Originally posted by gabx View Post
    i no speak english, but have hope what help-me.
    I was recently trying to update my TV box, and it ended up brick, I need help because I can't find explanations for the model I'm using. And I need to unbrick it, the model and R329Q_V 3.0
    I need help to identify the point.

Note: No software detects the device, tried USB Burning, Android tool and RK Batch tool

https://i.imgur.com/Fv7br9n.jpg
    Hi ,

you must short Pins , on second Picture (Fv7br9n.jpg) , use Pins , i think 7/8

to get your Box in MaskRomMode , start counting by the side with the small

triangle , use the soldered row inside , i think , for sure you must find the two

needed Pins there , if you need more Info ask ,

good luck / gefatttern

Comment

gefattern Which triangle, can you mark in the image?

Comment

I used a small philipps head screwdriver to short out the pins....Seems like a flat head screwdriver or tool takes a lot more time....Better off using a philipps head screwdriver, with the flat head it doesnt do the job as effeciently....The philipps head you dont have to be precise just touch a few of the pins and hold for a few seconds and you got it....

Comment

Hi,

1. Open Rochip Batch Tool (Upload Correct Firmware)
          2. Connet USB To USB Cable (device not detected yet)
          3. Push Reset Button ( inside the AV Connector)
          4. Short pin 4-5 (see picture) until device detected by Rochip batch tool
          5. Flash your device....

Works in mine....
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Firmware I used for Rk329Q Mxq Pro 4k - For some reason it doesnt install using the other rockchip flashing software (for me) - I had to use Factory Tool v1.6 -
            Otherwise it hangs on "android" logo screen....Tested & Workin on Rk329Q V-3.2 -Mxq Pro : Android 7.1.2

Firmware (img File)
            http://www.mediafire.com/file/q2ev24...9_USB.img/file

USE FACTORY TOOL INSTEAD OF OTHER SOFTWARE FOR SUCCESSFUL FLASH :
            Factory Tool v1.6
            http://www.mediafire.com/file/9irk7u..._v1.6.zip/file
            Last edited by Gradez1974; 02-25-2019, 20:57.

Comment

Hi, I am also trying to unbrick a MXQ 4K pro R329Q version 3.2 but no luck.
              the pc does not pick up the box it has a red and blue light that is glowing dim.
              please help

Comment

Originally posted by Paulod1977 View Post
                the pc does not pick up the box it has a red and blue light that is glowing dim.
                please help
                +1

Comment

please help
                  FOUND THE IMG FILE I PROVIDED TOOK MORE STORAGE UP IN THE 8gb MODELS.....

Yeah I had similar probs.... Try unistalling the driver then reinstalling the driver that will get the pc to detect the box (hopefully).... It seems to be an issue, I had to keep reinstalling the driver after flashing the box.... That's how it was detected on my pc, also make sure u have the reset button securely pressed in when it is connected to pc.... The IMG software I ended up using eventually was located here : https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...29-sv6051-wifi

I have the IMG file also if necessary, can upload and sort u guys out.... let me know if anything else is needed....

Here it is :

https://www.mediafire.com/file/585jstwlygvvpuc/mxqpro-6051-nv2-1114.img/file
                  Last edited by Gradez1974; 10-26-2019, 15:58.

Comment

please help

My bad
                    you still you may have to reinstall the drivers...
                    I used a philipps head screwdriver to short out the pins on this model....If successful the light (led) will turn off once the pins have been successfully shorted.... Hold for a few seconds than remove screwdriver (tool of choice) and pc should recognise the box.... on my pc was a constant uninstall and reinstall of drivers after a successful flash to the box..... Hopefully this helps.

Comment

Good day, pls I've been trying to fix my r329q v3.0 for quite a while but all firmware I flash to it didn't solve problem of blue and red light. Box accepts firmware fine but blue and red light still persist, I later saw leelbox firmware and tried but still same and I discovered something funny, after flashing I connected it as usual to hdmi but no display, something tells me to still leave it connected to my PC with The USB male a cable as it just finished flashing and showing a glowing red light and at the same time I plugged power cable and also hdmi and Boom it came on screen, I removed USB male a cable and it went off, problem now is why is it powering from USB male a I constructed and when I plug adapter that came with it, it will just go back to blue and red light? Any solution will be very much appreciated.?
                      Last edited by kaino147; 11-12-2019, 10:19.

Comment

Good morning
                        I tried to connect my R329Q v. 3.0 but on my pc with windows10 64 bit I read that the driver is unknown and there is no update; can you tell me how I should do it.
                        Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by fabinus View Post
                          Good morning
                          I tried to connect my R329Q v. 3.0 but on my pc with windows10 64 bit I read that the driver is unknown and there is no update; can you tell me how I should do it.
                          Thank you
                          Hi ,

ever flashed a RKBox ??? , look here :

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Hi All,

I have tv box based on R329Q and I made update using method mantioned by Gradez1974.
                            I had a problem with MBOX screen.

After flashing device shows olnly balck screen with "MXQ pro" and nothing happens. What have I done wrong? Flash tool (Factory tool) provided me information, that process is done. So I press stop button and disconnect box.
                            Thanks in advance for help.

Comment

Hmmmmmmm
                              The box is not bricked yet
                              Try the toothpick method and see if you can boot to recovery?
                              You will need an air mouse to navaigate in recovery
                              Wipe cache partition
                              Wipe Data
                              Factory Reset

Comment

Working...
                              X