MXQPro 4k / RK3066(CPUz) (RK3229_box) 1G/8G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MXQPro 4k / RK3066(CPUz) (RK3229_box) 1G/8G

I have really got lost trying to figure out how find a ROM for this device. I really just want the latest supported and Android TV (ATV) installed. Bassically I want Youtube/Youtube kids and Netflix and Spectrum TV app to work(If possible) on the device and any other apps are a bonus. Currently CPUz says it has Android 5.1.1 installed. I realize this is an older box, but it is new to me as a friend gave it to me. i have no clue where it came from, but here is a picture of the boards front and back. If I need to take a picture of CPUz I can as well. I am confused because the cpu says RK3066, but in CPUz it also says (rk3229_box) and the plastic case states MXQ Pro 4k ... Thank you in advance for pointing me in the correct direction or simply to the latest firmware that is Android TV (ATV) if possible. I am new to the TV Boxes, but have used ADB before to root multiple devices. copy/move files etc.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.

Originally posted by kastengeist View Post
    I have really got lost trying to figure out how find a ROM for this device. I really just want the latest supported and Android TV (ATV) installed. Bassically I want Youtube/Youtube kids and Netflix and Spectrum TV app to work(If possible) on the device and any other apps are a bonus. Currently CPUz says it has Android 5.1.1 installed. I realize this is an older box, but it is new to me as a friend gave it to me. i have no clue where it came from, but here is a picture of the boards front and back. If I need to take a picture of CPUz I can as well. I am confused because the cpu says RK3066, but in CPUz it also says (rk3229_box) and the plastic case states MXQ Pro 4k ... Thank you in advance for pointing me in the correct direction or simply to the latest firmware that is Android TV (ATV) if possible. I am new to the TV Boxes, but have used ADB before to root multiple devices. copy/move files etc.
    Hi ,

it has a RK3066 PCB , as all RK Boxes have until now , but , the CPU is a RK3229 ,

so maybe better to move your Thread to there , for Netfilx you need DRM Rights ,

at least L3 , for SD , L1 for HD , do not think this Box hve this , the others maybe

work , im portant is what Wifichip is used ,

your Rom must support the Wifichip & CPU , not sure if ATV exists for this CPUs ,

you have to look here under RK3229 Section ,

i move the Thread , greetings / gefattern

Comment

Thansk so much. Superclean 1.0 works fine and with wifi except still Android 5.1.1 I really would like at least 6. The Netflix app works that comes with the ROM but cant update it. I also found a Spectrum TV MOD that allows it to work here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/dev...t/dl/?id=31239

Now im curious how to mimic holding the left mouse button and while moving the mouse cursor. The remote simply cant scroll the menu because of this. A regular mouse can. If anyone happens to know of a way it would be greatly appreciate.

Comment

Update! I found an android 7.1.1 Firmware that works flawlessly. The wifi did not seem to work, but after going into android, it worked perfectly! It was suggested to another user on this forum and its name is MXQ-4K-7.1.2-esp8089-20171225-shaman4ikMOD.rar

The original Google Drive found on this forum is down, but it is also hosted here:
        MXQ-4K-7.1.2-esp8089-20180928-shaman4ikMOD_V1.1

There is also this one I have not tested since I have the esp8089 wifi chip that is located here:

MXQ-4K-7.1.2-8189fs-20180928-shaman4ikMOD-V2.3.rar

I am still looking into getting a Camera/Video Recorder app to use my Logitech B910 HD Webcam correctly. Either the camera is not saving the picture correctly or it is turned 90 degrees. One Video app I tried records very choppy video and no sound recording even when enabled. Some simply quit on me. Other than that I am pleased as the remote does function as well, though I have never been able to get the number keys to function even on stock firmware. I also still need to use the mouse in the Spectrum TV app and I do believe this is because the app is garbage, but at least it does function. Also netflix cant be found in play store, but is the latest version of apk found here: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/57688
        It also functions flawlessly.

Comment

Hi ,

hope you are happy now , good luck / gefattern

Comment

I am except for Bluetooth. I dont think there is any built in and I have a CSR 4.0 usb module but only found a driver for 4.4 kernel. The option for BT is there, but it just dose not function. Any chance you might can help me get it working? Thank you so much for the support and great efforts as well as those on this forum, it is greatly appreciated by me and many other im sure.

Comment

Originally posted by kastengeist View Post
              I am except for Bluetooth. I dont think there is any built in and I have a CSR 4.0 usb module but only found a driver for 4.4 kernel. The option for BT is there, but it just dose not function. Any chance you might can help me get it working? Thank you so much for the support and great efforts as well as those on this forum, it is greatly appreciated by me and many other im sure.
              Hi ,

if your Box has BT , you can maybe only get it to work if you find right Drivers ,

but do you really need BT ??? or look for correct Rom with BT ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Using this on Mxq Pro 4k Rk322x, used it on 2gb Ram 16gb storage model seems ok so far - Think it should work for you - I just got the link of sum Russian site - Only thing I noticed the led light has reversed, blue light is power off and red light is power on...

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

Updated Firmware (Different from above) I used for Rk329Q Mxq Pro 4k - For some reason it doesnt install using the other rockchip flashing software (for me) - I had to use Factory Tool v1.6 -
                  Otherwise it hangs on "android" logo screen....Tested & Workin on Rk329Q V-3.2 -Mxq Pro : Android 7.1.2
                  Also takes up less internal storage of device....

Firmware (img File)
                  http://www.mediafire.com/file/q2ev24...9_USB.img/file

USE FACTORY TOOL INSTEAD OF OTHER SOFTWARE FOR SUCCESSFUL FLASH :
                  Factory Tool v1.6
                  http://www.mediafire.com/file/9irk7u..._v1.6.zip/file

Last edited by Gradez1974; 02-25-2019, 20:56.

Comment

Hi ,

here another Rom linked by User "raulmax3" , hope it fits , good luck :

friends here is the firmware mxq-4k rk3229 wifi sv6051 ready for you, for me it was the best firmware https://mega.nz/#!mUxA3KaJ!8i16NsfofB2AqVYdv7qeqBfwTo2BOzRRRAauxppU-bA

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by Gradez1974 View Post
                      Using this on Mxq Pro 4k Rk322x, used it on 2gb Ram 16gb storage model seems ok so far - Think it should work for you - I just got the link of sum Russian site - Only thing I noticed the led light has reversed, blue light is power off and red light is power on...

https://mega.nz/#!HqQWiYRK!ewqppzjHB...nerWYXZdEhzFM8
                      do you have this firmware for 2gb ram device? Mine is showing only 1gb since I installed UT6 Firmware

Comment

Working...
                      X