RK3229 R-Box Plus Brick, No Boot or Power after TWRP install attempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RK3229 R-Box Plus Brick, No Boot or Power after TWRP install attempt

The box originally was stuck at the logo screen. I flashed the firmware via pc with Factory Tool. (Worked)
    I wanted a custom recovery so i tried to install TWRP, the first time i used the Android Tool I only selected "Recovery" (everything said it was good, downloaded and checked the firmware)
    but whenever i rebooted into recovery mode it was still stock recovery. After a couple more failed attempts i decided to select all that it would let me which is pictured.

After It got done the last time, I unplugged it, connected it to the tv to check it and there was no power. NO RED BUTTON/ NO BLUE BUTTON & I tried to hard reset it so i can flash it and I got nothing. My computer no longer recognizes that it's being connected - whenever i hold the reset button in the AV Port with it being connected to my pc it doesn't make sound. If i connected the power charger (I've tried 3 charges just to make sure) I get no power.

Does anyone have any suggestions, I've never installed TWRP but usually im pretty good at figuring things out until now
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 7 photos.

Originally posted by Droid_Help View Post
    The box originally was stuck at the logo screen. I flashed the firmware via pc with Factory Tool. (Worked)
    I wanted a custom recovery so i tried to install TWRP, the first time i used the Android Tool I only selected "Recovery" (everything said it was good, downloaded and checked the firmware)
    but whenever i rebooted into recovery mode it was still stock recovery. After a couple more failed attempts i decided to select all that it would let me which is pictured.

After It got done the last time, I unplugged it, connected it to the tv to check it and there was no power. NO RED BUTTON/ NO BLUE BUTTON & I tried to hard reset it so i can flash it and I got nothing. My computer no longer recognizes that it's being connected - whenever i hold the reset button in the AV Port with it being connected to my pc it doesn't make sound. If i connected the power charger (I've tried 3 charges just to make sure) I get no power.

Does anyone have any suggestions, I've never installed TWRP but usually im pretty good at figuring things out until now
    Hi ,

you must use the "shortPins" Way , so called "MaskRomMode" for RKBoxes to restore , look here :

hope it helps ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Thanks for the info. I did try to short the pins however it didn't work. I'm gonna keep trying to find out more info about shorting the pins
      maybe there's another connection point somewhere else i can do it.

Comment

Hi ,

try Pin 7/8 on NandChip , if available ,
        you not uploaded Pictures of both sides of full PCB , so i cant see if Nand has solder rows , did you connect Power too ???

connect USB before / correct Port
        short Pins 7/8 / hold it
        connect Power

PC makes Sound / Tool shows "Maskrommode" / leave the Pins when you hear or see it ,

now you can "restore" your Box ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

I did not connect the power adapter, only the male to male cord to my pc.
          I also tried to short pins 7/8. I will try again right now with the power cord and let you know how it goes.
          **UPDATE**

So i tried it with the power adapter and it made no difference. Maybe my box is done. It literally has no red or blue lights whenever the power is connected
          Last edited by Droid_Help; 12-01-2019, 21:19.

Comment

I did not connect the power adapter, only the male to male cord to my pc.
            I also tried to short pins 7/8. I will try again right now with the power cord and let you know how it goes.
            **UPDATE**

So i tried it with the power adapter and it made no difference. Maybe my box is done. It literally has no red or blue lights whenever the power is connected
            Hi ,

if you only flashed the .img Files that are shown in Picture above it is for sure bricked , you not flashed the / loader / misc / recource / boot / system , so it must brick , but i not understand why you cant get it to "Maskrommode" , and why you not posted Pictures of both sides of PCB , you can look on YT for Video guides how to get to MRM ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_38970.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	791170 I uploaded the pic of the back of the board to the original post but here it is. I've been on YouTube but I didnt have any luck

Comment

Name:	image_38970.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	791170 I uploaded the pic of the back of the board to the original post but here it is. I've been on YouTube but I didnt have any luck
                Hi ,

front too , otherwise nobody can help good , what Android was used on Box ???
                can you upload it for others , what Wifichip is used on PCB ??? ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

front too , otherwise nobody can help good , what Android was used on Box ???
                  can you upload it for others , what Wifichip is used on PCB ??? ,

greetings / gefattern
                  The wifi chip is pictured here from the first post. It is a RTL 8723bs https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...nstall-attempt

Here is the firmware that originally was on it

Name:	20191129_180355.jpg
Views:	588
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	791315
                  Attached Files

Comment

The wifi chip is pictured here from the first post. It is a RTL 8723bs https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...nstall-attempt

Here is the firmware that originally was on it

Name:	20191129_180355.jpg
Views:	588
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	791315
                    Hi ,

you only have to search for :
                    RK3229 rtl8723bs firmware or restore , look here :

First 2GB/8 RK3229 Media Player R-BOX Android 5.1.1 RK3229 2G/8G Silver or Black Android 5.1.1 RK3229, quad core Cortex-A7 Up to 1.5GHz 2GB DDRIII , 8GB EMMC TF CARD Support 1~32GB 802.11 b/g/n, RTL8723, 10/100 BaseT, Bluetooth 4.0 HDD File...

hope it helps / gefattern

Comment

Working...
                    X