LibreELEC for RK3229/RK322x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LibreELEC for RK3229/RK322x

User knaerzche from LibreELEC made some interesting LibreELEC images for old RK3229/RK322x devices.

"Maybe you bought a RK3229-Device some years ago and thought: Oh what a buggy Chinese grab ... and tosted it into trash ... but wait: maybe you didn't ... just look for it in the boxroom, storeroom your wherever you put stuff you 'maybe need later' ... Since current Rockchip 4.4-Kernel supports it I added support to current LE-9.2 branch - it works nice - so why not publishing it:"

Main differences to current LE-9.2 tree:
    - use of recent RK-4.4-Kernel
    - use of latest rkmpp
    - added support for MPEG4-Hardware decoding (not sure, why it wasn't added before)
    - Support for SSV6051-Wifi module

RK3228/RK3229 Images: - https://github.com/knaerzche/LibreEL...x-le92-0bca75f

Source: GitHub - knaerzche/LibreELEC.tv: Just enough OS for KODI

"If your devices isn't listed you could try the one for V88Mars - it has DDR2 RAM and no ddr-timing configuration (and is therefore very slow) ... which is the main difference between the different device trees."

If you still have a RK3229 or RK3228(uses nand storage, weaker than RK3229) then please post your dmesg so he can see what wifi chip your device is using if it's not working.
    Also provide feedback if your device isn't listed and one of the other images are working for you.
    The more feedback the better to perhaps add support for your device if it's possible.
    Last edited by mo123; 01-20-2020, 06:28.

With the crisis and extra time on hand have receently dusted off a couple of old v88s
    Thought i would give this a try

Testing LibreELEC RK 322X.arm-9.2-devel 2020-03-01

Plastic case reads as V884
    Board reads as

MX4N-V02 2016-06-27 8G/1G ZXD 2016-11-7 SV6051P sdtnsgama-008gm

The following 4 images all boot successfully with same results!!!!

v884k.img
    ult
    hk1mini.img
    mxq4kpro.img

No preconfigured RC Keymaps
    You will lose remote control function most likely,use air mouse,mini wireless keyboard,etc...its all good.

Ethernet and wifi all good, most impressed with Resolution Display Option in Whitelist for 4K TV
    720P, 1080P playback all good,did not test if its true 1080P or upscaled like factory/stock firmware.
    It looked like it was clearer Lol,did not test 4K playback,did not test pvr add on.

If you have no Audio dont panic like i did,go to settings look for Audio output device and select yours
    Default settings read as, are for ALSA- default (Rockchip,rk3229 analog),
    Look for ALSA -HDMI,SAMSAMSUNG on HDMI * I have samsung tv yours may read different.
    After that all was good * I allowed passthrough but that doesnt seem to matter.

So far so good,still want to test 4k playback,usb playback,mess around with audio settings,etc...
    Iam familiar with openelec,coreelec,alexelec,libreelec, so iam used to issues with remote control,power down,sleep mode,clock display,device tree blob.....etc.etc...but dont let that deter you if you have an old box and want to test.
    lots of help here at home Freak Tab

Happy Testing

Gjwa Izma

Comment

Mmh isnt there something like Corelec/Lubrelec targeting on being an Gamestation?! ..Thought Ive seen something in the past but cant remember

found! EmuELEC: https://github.com/EmuELEC/EmuELEC/releases

Comment

Some good info there

Not sure if support for standalone or as Add On

Only Odroid Rockchip.....

Latest Release 4.1...

64 Bit.!!!!!

Best suited for Amlogic will have to dig some up

Comment

Maybe someone is deeper in relating Libre- or Coreelec. I have LPDDR device RK3228A, Mouser wifi. Any suggestion?

Comment

Working...
          X