MBOX-userdebug 7.1.2 NHG47K eng.ren.20191204.151847 test-keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MBOX-userdebug 7.1.2 NHG47K eng.ren.20191204.151847 test-keys

Hello friends, every couple weeks I get these MXQ Pro 4k sent to me. They are typically Rockchip. The biggest issue I seem to be having is the recovery method. I use the "toothpick" method. Instead of it booting to the recovery menu, it just does a wipe and reboots. This completely wipes all the non "pre-installed" apps. So basically anything that I have done like apps get wiped. So I then have to start from scratch with having to add everything back on it. It was my understanding that doing the "toothpick" method would bring me to a recovery screen instead of just doing a factory reset automatically. What I want to do is a complete backup of the whole thing. But it doing a factory reset kills that idea. Is there something I am missing?

I screwed up one already doing a recovery with the wrong firmware. So I would like to back it up without it wiping everything and doing a factory reset.

Device: Android MBOX
    Platform: rk30board
    Android 7.1.2
    Kernal: Linux 3.10.104
    Wi-Fi: AP6210 (rtl8723as)
    Sound: RKRK322X
    Ram: 1gb
    Flash: Samsung KLL00M (KMKLL000UM-B406) (ydb5398r)
    Flash Size: 4gb
    CPU: RK3229
    Vendor: Rockchip
    Cores: 4
    Family: Cortex-A7
    Machine: armv71
    GPU: Mali-400 MP
    Manufacturer: Android
    Model: MBOX
    Release 7.1
    Product: MBOX
    Board: rk30sdk
    Platform: rk322x
    Build: NHG47K
    Security: 05.04.2017
    Serial: AB1PTAYO5F
    Build Type: userdebug
    Tags: test-keys
    Incremental: eng.ren.20191204.151847
    Description: MBOX-userdebug 7.1.2 NHG47K eng.ren.20191204.151847 test-keys
    Fingerprint: Android/hx322x_box/hx322x_box:7.1.2/NHG47K/ren1204518:userdebug/test-keys
    Google Play Services: 20.24.14 (040300-319035315)
    Ram: 1 GB
    Internal Storage: 8 GB
    ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (71)
    Rockchip RK3229

Hi Boujii, do you have firmware for this?

Comment

Originally posted by reinaldkurt View Post
      Hi Boujii, do you have firmware for this?
      I have the rkdumper of all the partitions and the Partition & Recovery App backup of all the partitions. I tried to make a dump, but no love yet lol. I am just a newby doing this so I don't have quite a firm grasp on it all yet. I have 2 identical boxes. I use the one experiment backing up and the other to restore to. I have not been successful yet of a dump and restore. I think the reason why is I wiped the bootloader on the restore one. I used LeelboxRK-8703-7.1nv3-kodi-1225 or KingboxRK-8703-7.1nv3-kodi-1225 which are the only two I found out of hundreds that will restore the bootloader even when in maskmode. Of course this file booting from the sdcard installs not only the bootloader, but the whole OS and all for those boxes. It wouldn't be so bad, but can't get the remote to work on the LeelBox image. There is no remote.conf either on the original. So at the moment the second one is running the LeelBox instead of the MBOX like the original. Like I said the biggest problem I am having right now is I don't think I can backup the original and restore it to the one I wiped it on.

A big issue I am having with the cheap Chinese boxes are there is no built in recovery. You can still use the 'toothpick' method for the USB software like Rockchip Factory and Rockchip Batch. I was experimenting a bit last night even and the one I am trying to backup won't go into developer mode in order to use the ADB and Fastboot method. I hear that is a good way to go for making a backup. It's the only one that I can't get into developer mode using the stock MBOX MXQ Pro 4k RK3229. But if I flash it with the Leelbox firmware, I can do it then. But that no good because the bootloader is different then the MBOX one.

I have what I think are two TWRP for recovery.img and boot_recovery.img. I made these by installed the TWRP.apk and making them from within the OS. I am not familiar with TWRP at all and nothing I use supports the images I made with it. I think what I really need is to boot TWRP from the sdcard and make the backups that way. But I haven't been successful doing that yet.

NOTE: Never delete the bootloader unless you have a backup of it which I don't think you can do lol.

Comment

I am bricked at the moment

Hi Everyone We have created this thread to collect all the NAND pin Short to Mask ROM Mode locations for all our members. Because firmware comes on android

Comment

Unbricked and back on track

Comment

Sorry for digging this old thread, I have the same box and now when it boots, it will be so slow, like it will take forever to boot, then it will boot to hardware test device, if I cancel it, it will let me in home screen, but I can't connect to any network, wifi will not turn on, MAC address is incorrect, it will have 2 then just a bunch of zero's. Tried to software reset it, push the reset switch which is in spdif instead of av, then it will immediately go to wiping of data and cache, no avail. Tried to do a reset inside OS, still same issue. Last option is to install a fresh firmware and try, if you guys have a back-up specially the thread starter, will greatly appreciate it. Tried to find the firmware but I can't find a firmware that has the RTL8723AS wifi chip. Thanks a lot.

Comment

hi, how did you unbricked your device? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by killpatrick View Post
                hi, how did you unbricked your device? thanks
                One way I know is to open the box short two pins on the band chip together, I believe 7&8, but you should make sure. It will go into maskrom mode. Then you can flash new firmware. If you choose this route, do some research. This is by no means a complete guide.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex Africanus View Post

One way I know is to open the box short two pins on the band chip together, I believe 7&8, but you should make sure. It will go into maskrom mode. Then you can flash new firmware. If you choose this route, do some research. This is by no means a complete guide.
                  I forgot to add, you will also need a text editor compatible with this app. I'm using "Material Files" to get the job done.

Comment

Working...
                  X