Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MXQ Pro RockChip Bricked - Need Help

Hello Guys,

I have got an MXQ Pro 4k device that is not working. My board says its MQX-4k-3229X3D-20170928-v1.8 see Image 1 & Image 2.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 1.jpg
Views:	1665
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	811647Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 2.jpg
Views:	1665
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	811646

Here is what i tested in sequence and my results,

1. Initially the device got stuck on boot with logo only I tried the Pin reset technique but it never loaded boot menu.
    2. Then i tried to install firmware for Rockchip from http://firmware.mxqproject.com/files...9/mxq-4k-3229/ with Rock batch 1.8 tool and initially it gave IDB fail error.
    3. Then it started giving Test Device Fail Error. See Image 3, but the device always connected in Blue 3-9 Status on Rock batch 1.8 console. See Image 5. Tried all loading firmware and then pin to see if it connects in green but it never does.

Name:	Image 3.jpg
Views:	1839
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	811645Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 5.jpg
Views:	1630
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	811649
    4. On tool like AndriodTool 2.4 it always shows are Maskrom device found image 4.

Name:	Image 4.jpg
Views:	1634
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	811648
    5. I noticed now that the Device is no longer showing any Boot logo as it use to and only Blue LED is on.

Tried many things but dont know how to get it working now. So please help.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Vicky777 View Post
    Hello Guys,

I have got an MXQ Pro 4k device that is not working. My board says its MQX-4k-3229X3D-20170928-v1.8 see Image 1 & Image 2.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Image 1.jpg Views:	1515 Size:	99.1 KB ID:	811647Click image for larger version  Name:	Image 2.jpg Views:	1516 Size:	93.2 KB ID:	811646

Here is what i tested in sequence and my results,

1. Initially the device got stuck on boot with logo only I tried the Pin reset technique but it never loaded boot menu.
    2. Then i tried to install firmware for Rockchip from http://firmware.mxqproject.com/files...9/mxq-4k-3229/ with Rock batch 1.8 tool and initially it gave IDB fail error.
    3. Then it started giving Test Device Fail Error. See Image 3, but the device always connected in Blue 3-9 Status on Rock batch 1.8 console. See Image 5. Tried all loading firmware and then pin to see if it connects in green but it never does.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Image 3.jpg Views:	1691 Size:	116.6 KB ID:	811645Click image for larger version  Name:	Image 5.jpg Views:	1480 Size:	86.6 KB ID:	811649
    4. On tool like AndriodTool 2.4 it always shows are Maskrom device found image 4.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Image 4.jpg Views:	1482 Size:	80.2 KB ID:	811648
    5. I noticed now that the Device is no longer showing any Boot logo as it use to and only Blue LED is on.

Tried many things but dont know how to get it working now. So please help.

Thanks.
    Hi ,

you only can try this :

https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...for-rk-devices

remember you need the right Bootloader of your Stockrom , or any before working Rom ,

good luck / gefattern
    Last edited by gefattern; 02-04-2023, 23:48.

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

you omly can try this :

Steps for repairing IDB failure are: 1-use Andriodtool v 2.51 or higher 2-you have to have a working loader (you can unpack any working rom using andriodtool by going to _Advanced Function_ and from here download a working firmware and unpack it by pressing unpack. Note, you can find the (loader) in (output folder created by

remember you need the right Bootloader of your Stockrom , or any before working Rom ,

good luck / gefattern
      Hi, Thanks for your input. Yet i am not sure how to short Pins which one of them basically. can you help where to find, I am quoting one instruction line from Haizenberg

5-Finally, before hitting (Run), make sure you use tweezers or anything to to short circuit (GND and CLK inside the board) and hit run.

Where on my board i can find?

Name:	image_40939.jpg
Views:	1557
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	811681Click image for larger version

Name:	image_40940.jpg
Views:	1484
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	811682

Comment

Hi, Thanks for your input. Yet i am not sure how to short Pins which one of them basically. can you help where to find, I am quoting one instruction line from Haizenberg

5-Finally, before hitting (Run), make sure you use tweezers or anything to to short circuit (GND and CLK inside the board) and hit run.

Where on my board i can find?

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_40939.jpg Views:	4 Size:	93.1 KB ID:	811681Click image for larger version  Name:	image_40940.jpg Views:	4 Size:	99.0 KB ID:	811682
        Hi ,

the Nand is the 7KG22 Chip , big one left , take the solder row below , one the left side of solder row you can

see a small triangle (white) , start there with counting , Pin 7&8 , remember you need the right Bootloader from

Stockrom , and you must follow exactly his instructions , otherwise it will fail , i think GND & CLK are the 3 or 4

golden rounded holes on second picture below the last USB port that cant be seen full on picture ,

maybe you can try the SDCard way to restore too , later i can upload them for you , if your Box is already in MRM

when you connect you only have to do step 5 , if all steps before are correct ,

but first try this way ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Hi ,

the Nand is the 7KG22 Chip , big one left , take the solder row below , one the left side of solder row you can

see a small triangle (white) , start there with counting , Pin 7&8 , remember you need the right Bootloader from

Stockrom , and you must follow exactly his instructions , otherwise it will fail , i think GND & CLK are the 3 or 4

golden rounded holes on second picture below the last USB port that cant be seen full on picture ,

maybe you can try the SDCard way to restore too , later i can upload them for you , if your Box is already in MRM

but first try this way ,

good luck / gefattern
          Hi gefattern,

Thanks. I am sorry the picture was not clear. I am attaching a clear picture for you to help spot the GND and CLK. Also can you help me with the Boot loader and ROM . I have tried few e.g. RockChip Batch 1.8 and MQXProject Rockchip ROM

Name:	MQX Full Board 1.jpg
Views:	1582
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	811741Click image for larger version

Name:	MQX Full Board 2.jpg
Views:	1517
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	811740

Attached Files

Comment

Hi ,

but first try this way ,

good luck / gefattern
            Hello gefattern,

Good news i was able to load loader as per ur instruction. and then upgraded the firmware, but when i connect it to HDMI i see no display. and the device is not recognized through USB and windows doesnt make a sound, am I missing something?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Loader success.jpg Views:	2 Size:	163.5 KB ID:	811745Click image for larger version  Name:	Firmware download success.jpg Views:	2 Size:	115.8 KB ID:	811746
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Vicky777; 08-05-2020, 12:57.

Comment

Hello gefattern,

Good news i was able to load loader as per ur instruction. and then upgraded the firmware, but when i connect it to HDMI i see no display. and the device is not recognized through USB and windows doesnt make a sound, am I missing something?

Click image for larger version Name:	Loader success.jpg Views:	2 Size:	163.5 KB ID:	811745Click image for larger version Name:	Firmware download success.jpg Views:	2 Size:	115.8 KB ID:	811746
              Hi ,

looks you found GND & CLK , did you replug the HDMI once , while on , but i am sure you not took the right Rom ,

look for your CPU & Wifi specs , look for a RK 3229 FW with support for your Wifichip , sure the FW was wrong ,

wait till you found the right one , dont flash any possible FW to it ,

the Wifichip is the small one left below , Hqst 1750 Chip ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Now it seems like totally gone i cant get is to connect to PC even. Any idea what should i try. After the firmware upgrade it will not connect to PC through USB at all.

Comment

Now it seems like totally gone i cant get is to connect to PC even. Any idea what should i try. After the firmware upgrade it will not connect to PC through USB at all.
                  HI ,

use the MaskromMode :

if this not helps , trash it , and never BUY such cheap Boxes again ,

if you a Media Guy buy a cheap Fire TV , MiBox or similar , they have DRM L1 ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

HI ,

use the MaskromMode :

if this not helps , trash it , and never BUY such cheap Boxes again ,

if you a Media Guy buy a cheap Fire TV , MiBox or similar , they have DRM L1 ,

good luck / gefattern
                    Will give it a try and thanks for all your help. You guys are doing a fantastic work helping people. God bless.
                    One more question if you have to recommend a good Andriod box that one can keep for few years which one would it be without breaking the bank?

Thanks.

Comment

Will give it a try and thanks for all your help. You guys are doing a fantastic work helping people. God bless.
                      One more question if you have to recommend a good Andriod box that one can keep for few years which one would it be without breaking the bank?

Thanks.
                      HI ,

so what your needs ???

greetings / gefattern

Comment

HI ,

so what your needs ???

greetings / gefattern
                        Good Andriod upgrade able box with UHD support , Decent space to run Digital and IPTV content.

Comment

Good Andriod upgrade able box with UHD support , Decent space to run Digital and IPTV content.
                          Hi ,

then it is really better to buy a FireTV or MiBox or similar , white DRM L1 for Netflix and similar ,

but before buy get good Info over the Boxes , in the specific Forums for this Devices , then

you can see what other User do or not can do with there Devices , think most of them run Kodi too ,

further good luck / gefattern

Comment

Hi ,

then it is really better to buy a FireTV or MiBox or similar , white DRM L1 for Netflix and similar ,

but before buy get good Info over the Boxes , in the specific Forums for this Devices , then

you can see what other User do or not can do with there Devices , think most of them run Kodi too ,

Hi gefattern,

I was able to load the Firmware in it Thanks for your help, I did the Short circuting of Pin 7-8 while pressing reset and then inserted USB cable. I holded like that for few seconds and it came back alive in Maskrom mode. I erased the flash using Andriod tool 2.51 and use the ROM "rk3229_6.0_box_MX4VR_SSV6051p_SpecTek_flash_tongw _V88_RKMC-update_20171208". IT worked on load it tool some time to display andriod logo i thought its stuck but it was actually setting up software. So waited and it came back alive. I tried to load with Reset Button and i could enter the Andriod reset option at load so all ok.

However the only issue is that the ROM seems a bit heavy because i only have 1 GB onboard RAM. Can you help me spot a Light weight ROM which can play Netflix or Youtube. I will just use it as enabling smart TV option on old TV.

Name:	20200807_133551.jpg
Views:	1446
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	811872Click image for larger version

Name:	20200807_114733_005.jpg
Views:	1489
Size:	141.8 KB
ID:	811868Click image for larger version

Name:	20200807_125541.jpg
Views:	1447
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	811871Click image for larger version

Name:	20200807_125715.jpg
Views:	1413
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	811870Click image for larger version

Name:	20200807_134711.jpg
Views:	1461
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	811869

Comment

Hi gefattern,

I was able to load the Firmware in it Thanks for your help, I did the Short circuting of Pin 7-8 while pressing reset and then inserted USB cable. I holded like that for few seconds and it came back alive in Maskrom mode. I erased the flash using Andriod tool 2.51 and use the ROM "rk3229_6.0_box_MX4VR_SSV6051p_SpecTek_flash_tongw _V88_RKMC-update_20171208". IT worked on load it tool some time to display andriod logo i thought its stuck but it was actually setting up software. So waited and it came back alive. I tried to load with Reset Button and i could enter the Andriod reset option at load so all ok.

However the only issue is that the ROM seems a bit heavy because i only have 1 GB onboard RAM. Can you help me spot a Light weight ROM which can play Netflix or Youtube. I will just use it as enabling smart TV option on old TV.

Name:	20200807_133551.jpg
Views:	1446
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	811872Click image for larger version

Name:	20200807_114733_005.jpg
Views:	1489
Size:	141.8 KB
ID:	811868Click image for larger version

Name:	20200807_125541.jpg
Views:	1447
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	811871Click image for larger version

Name:	20200807_125715.jpg
Views:	1413
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	811870Click image for larger version

Name:	20200807_134711.jpg
Views:	1461
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	811869
                              Hi ,

so you made it , nice to hear , for sure there are some more FW with your Specs , if it is has "root" you can

debloat it a bit , Netfilx for sure only will run in SD , for HD you need a DRM L1 Box , for YT , you can try the

Vanced YT apk , it ad free and work normal really good ,

you can search for a better FW here on FT & big G , but then it maybe can brick again , so your choice ,

Comment

Working...
                              X