X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom ROM for MXQ 4K

Hi

I have packaged the ROM that I'm using right now on my device.

Changelog

CG_ROM_MXQ-4K_20160515_STOCK20160412
    • Based on the stock ROM from 20160412 with the kernel of stock ROM 20160308.
    • Updated bootloader to 2.30
    • Updated uboot from ROM from 20160412
    • Updated superSU to 2.65
    • Updated BusyBox to v1.24.2
    • Updated Google Apps.
    • Preinstaled KODI 16.1 RC 3 by superceleron
    Download link
    https://mega.nz/#!CcwyGA7A!Y685ORAtV2UHEbxOv1C-daoo6wrjYss-YJtCGCApjNo

CG_ROM_MXQ-4K_20160508_STOCK20160308

Edited. Based on the comments made by superceleron, I have added the gapps. It provide a nice wizard on first boot to set the user settings.
    • Based on the stock ROM from 08032016 with the kernel of stock ROM 30032016.
    • CWM recovery.
    • All applications from vendor has been removed.
    • Rooted with superSU installed.
    • anReboot installed to allow complete power off (the remote only switch off the HDMI) and other reboot options
    The user data partition not is removed, but please do a backup before update.
    After flash the room wait some time (5 minutes?) for the first boot. If not boot wipe cache and dalvik cache from recovery.
    I have tested the ROM installing from rock ROM from 08032016, and work ok, but with the original one from 27022016 I get a boot loop. The bootloop is caused due the different partitions.

It's my 1º custom ROM so any feedback is welcome.
    He realizado una nueva versión de la ROM que uso diariamente en mi MXQ-4kLos cambios con respecto a la versión anterior son los siguientes: Bootloader versión 2.30. uBoot de la ROM 20160412. Actualización superSU a 2.65. Actualización BusyBox a v1.24.2 Google Play Store y dependencias instaladas con la ultima versión de Open Gapps
    Last edited by CGarces; 05-16-2016, 15:37. Reason: Updated link

Nice going, but you have choose a very bad device to start, well not the hw but the rom is very bad, i was going to make a rom for this device but i give up not wort it.
    This device rom is the worst rom i ever seen, i mean real bad.
    Now past this rant of me, back to your rom!
    Some advices, don't remove gapps and if you can update it and add the drm(is easy).
    The bootloop is because you cant remove the the stock recovery is needed to format the partitions, you need to find a way after the device boot to flash the custom one!
    btw the difference of the 27022016 and the 08032016 is only the space available for internal apps nothing else!
    Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post
      Some advices, don't remove gapps and if you can update it and add the drm(is easy).
      I don't need the gapps, I'm only interested on ZDMC (the kodi version made by Ziddo) and not is on google play.

In any case I can add the pico package from opengapps if are demanded by the users.

You have more details about the DRM? I'm lost on that topic.

Originally posted by superceleron View Post
      The bootloop is because you cant remove the the stock recovery is needed to format the partitions, you need to find a way after the device boot to flash the custom one!
      Ok. But why the bootloop happend only when I flash the ROM from 27022016 and not from 08032016?... the recovery is the same in both situations.

About the call to the recovery, to format the partitions... how and where is done that call? I can't find the script.

Many thanks for your feedback.

Comment

CGarces thanks for CWM recovery tutorial , learnt something new.

Mine came with firmware 20160321.152503 test-keys, Antutu 21272.
        Works well overall.

I flashed a new firmware, update_rk3229_mxq4k_rtl8189_20160412.7z
        found here http://pan.baidu.com/share/home?uk=6...ategory/type=0

Which also works well using Ethernet.
        however overlooked my WiFi chip is esp8089 so had to flash 08032016 firmware.,
        since don`t have copy of my original 20160321 firmware.

If anyone would like to have look, uploaded to mega `update_rk3229_mxq4k_rtl8189_20160412.7z`
        https://mega.nz/#!b5NRDZBT!TacFg_F8xAQNCliMuNJWGyMuSqVRaTVICVwcJoT tRJE

Comment

Hi!

Thanks for the feedback!, but if you prefer the stock firmware from 08032016 instead of my version, looks like I'm doing something wrong

I don't understand your problem with the wifi. That firmware works with a realtech chip instead of the esp8089?

Comment

Hello, Johnoo

Originally posted by Johnoo View Post
            If anyone would like to have look, uploaded to mega `update_rk3229_mxq4k_rtl8189_20160412.7z`
            https://mega.nz/#!b5NRDZBT!TacFg_F8xAQNCliMuNJWGyMuSqVRaTVICVwcJoT tRJE
            decryption key needed

Comment

CGares , running you rom now, however mouse pointer sits in a square, and the usually blue light is red-blue.
              Maybe your box has slightly different specs.
              Cwm and Su is a plus.

buba5473 that link works .

https://mega.nz/#!b5NRDZBT

decryption key.
              !TacFg_F8xAQNCliMuNJWGyMuSqVRaTVICVwcJoTtRJE

Comment

Thanx

Comment

Originally posted by Johnoo View Post
                  [FONT=arial]CGares , running you rom now, however mouse pointer sits in a square, and the usually blue light is red-blue.
                  Thanks for the feedback.

Something was wrong mixing firmware 08032016 with 31032016.

I have downgraded all to 08032016 and now all works as expected.

https://mega.nz/#!TJ5FDDxb!nMEzLK3I4-QRllqmO16SYw51kVebVBzwZood05RBrPs

Comment

Originally posted by mulderfox
                    Two questions:
                    1. Does this ROM improve the video performance in Kodi? 10 bit TS files cause a crash and reboot, and standard H.264 and HEVC 4K files show artifacts and stutter in both Kodi and SPMC both via network or locally.
                    2. Do you use Kodi, SPMC, or ZDMC? which version? Do you get good Wifi/LAN performance?

Hi.

The ROM is a minimal version, not has KODI preinstalled. I use ZDMC extracted from the last firmware of ZIDOO X1 II that has the same SOC. I'll try to preinstall a clean version of ZDMC if I have free time.

Note that KODI of SPMC not contains the rockchip hardware optimizations.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I'll try to include the media player from the original ROM in my next version, but I don't have free time.

Comment

Originally posted by mulderfox
                        Released my own review on this box. Linked here for people to be able to improve the performance of the box. There are still playback issues by the way.. such as artifacts during 720p/1080p content.
                        http://www.eyalo.com/2074/review-eny-mxq-4k/
                        Also, I've noticed that the box does not properly shut down even with the app included in the custom rom. The light still shows blue. But I guess that we'll have to wait for an official update (which may never come) to hopefully resolve that.
                        Hi!
                        The IR remote only made a kind of standby, switching off the HDMI signal.

Code:
                        [ 1099.937790] hdmi remove from lcdc0
                        [ 1099.937803] switch:en=0,lcdc_id=0,screen type=6,cur type=6
                        [ 1100.209466] rk322x-lcdc vop0: blank mode:4
                        [ 1100.210184] suspend_flag=1
                        [ 1100.212058] suspend_flag=1
                        [ 1100.638797] suspend_flag=1
                        But the application made a shutdown, probably with "reboot -p" for me is a proper shutdown.

Comment

Can not transplant x1II zidoo firmware???

Comment

Originally posted by 251643711 View Post
                            Can not transplant x1II zidoo firmware???
                            Diferent partition schema, wifi and ir remote... not is an easy task.

Comment

I have updated the ROM. now Kodi is preinstalled.

Comment

Working...
                              X