• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

love it... top work Mo.

Comment

Originally posted by m1pnk View Post
      love it... top work Mo.
      I think I will also make a RK3288 Android TV version but might take a while.
      I think Android TV works well with a remote, much faster to navigate and looks modern.
      NTMC Media Center with it's Android TV interface also blends in well with the launcher.
      For normal apps there is the Sdeload Launcher that can run normal apps.
      If you know of any interesting normal Android apps that I can convert into Leanback launcher tiles, I can make a few apps so it show on the main launcher screen instead of Sideload Launcher.
      Android TV Play Store don't have that many apps I could find but it is probably still expanding.

Comment

Where are the published sources for the firmware?
        R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Crap you beat me again lol ya where are they lol
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Good rom, thanks.
            So my "green screen" issue..... just had to reset the box

What I've found thus far...
            The Home and Recent buttons - does nothing.
            If I try to add a new google account the settings app crashes.
            When trying the reboot app under the sideload launcher, said something about root required.

Comment

Originally posted by raind33r View Post
              Good rom, thanks.
              So my "green screen" issue..... just had to reset the box

What I've found thus far...
              The Home and Recent buttons - does nothing.
              If I try to add a new google account the settings app crashes.
              When trying the reboot app under the sideload launcher, said something about root required.

For Android TV I haven't found a way to make those buttons work yet.
              You can go to leanback launcher and open the normal Settings app.
              Under Accessibility Options there is a 'root system' setting.
              To install normal apps you can do it manually or from Nagrace Market, they will appear under leanback launcher.
              You can also try to hold in the power button on the ir remote, it should show a menu shutdown or reboot.
              On v1.3 firmware which is the same as Android TV but just with normal Google apps, the bottom home, recent buttons work and also on the ir remote.

Comment

Thanks, will play around with it some more.

Comment

Amazon video bombs on playing any video.

Comment

can we get the tv release to do 4k resolution for everything ... i know it can play 4k videos but we need 4k resolution

Comment

Originally posted by minixfreak View Post
                      can we get the tv release to do 4k resolution for everything ... i know it can play 4k videos but we need 4k resolution
                      No, since all the Google apps will need to be replaced, bootanimations, kernels, system files and too difficult to maintain 3 different ROM's for 1 device.
                      The framebuffer also only runs at 720p or 1080p if you change it.
                      It runs too slow at 4K resolution(if UI resolution changed, framebuffer still run at lower resolution) and also cause problems for 1GB RAM devices.
                      The CPU and GPU is just not powerful enough.
                      The only device that can run everything at 4K is the Nvidia Shield, I don't know of any other Android device that can.
                      I think only RK3399 will be able to run everything at 4K(framebuffer and UI).
                      Video playback is a different matter as the 4K video playback is handled by the VPU that has it's own processing power just for video.

Comment

I installed a custom ROM on my dolamee d5 everything works fine except DTS audio in ftmc ... Would ur ntmc correct that issue ? DTS sound would cut out every 4 secs

Comment

Originally posted by minixfreak View Post
                          I installed a custom ROM on my dolamee d5 everything works fine except DTS audio in ftmc ... Would ur ntmc correct that issue ? DTS sound would cut out every 4 secs
                          Don't think so, you need a proper supported device with new firmware to get perfect audio in sync in combination with RKMC/NTMC/FTMC.
                          You also need MM since Lollipop doesn't support DTS out of the box except if the LP firmware was patched by the manufacturer(which is missing in your case).

Comment

it was a ftmc issue downgraded to build 17 and everything works amazing ... was wondering can u build the android tv for the d5 i perfer everything about it thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Don't think so, you need a proper supported device with new firmware to get perfect audio in sync in combination with RKMC/NTMC/FTMC.
                              You also need MM since Lollipop doesn't support DTS out of the box except if the LP firmware was patched by the manufacturer(which is missing in your case).
                              Hi mo123,
                              It seems you are doing a great work with this box... I have checked the specs and it seems that the NT-N8 box uses an AP6210 or AP6255 as wifi chipset... I have a MX4 box with an RTL8723 wifi chipset... Is it possible to add this wifi driver to the ROM? Will it boot on my box?
                              Thanks and keep the great work!

Comment

Originally posted by mo123
                                Android TV released for HPH NT-N8

Download Link:Here
                                Pass: nagrace
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170109-033915.png Views:	1 Size:	26.8 KB ID:	621343
                                � Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170109-033929.png Views:	1 Size:	41.6 KB ID:	621344
                                � Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170109-033941.png Views:	1 Size:	67.3 KB ID:	621345
                                Device is getting great support. Any hardware reason this Android TV firmware won't work on Dolamee D5?

Sent from my FMT-NM7116-01 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X