HPH NT-N8 RK3229 Marshmallow ROM by mo123

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Damac10 View Post
    Device is getting great support. Any hardware reason this Android TV firmware won't work on Dolamee D5?

Sent from my FMT-NM7116-01 using Tapatalk

It doesn't work on the D5, I tried.

These HPH firmwares are designed to work only on their boxes, so I would not expect to see one tweaked to work on other vendors hardware.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

They are and excellent device, my suggestion....get one.
      You will always have support and at least one good 3229 unit
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor
        They are and excellent device, my suggestion....get one.
        You will always have support and at least one good 3229 unit
        I am enjoying Xiaomi International Mibox. Just trying to fix this waste of money Dolamee D5. Audio crackle with online and local media so it's useless. Tried with other roms no change. Waiting for 2nd Feb think I must send D5 back to Gearbest.

Sent from my FMT-NM7116-01 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mulderfox
          What are the advantages (if any) of the Android TV version versus the standard Android ROM?
          They both run on v1.3 firmware.
          It is jut the UI tht is different and you can install AndroidTV apps.
          For nrmal Android usage it might be better to just use v1.3 firmware as AndroidTV apps aren't that available yet unless you are in the US.

Comment

Android Nougat 7.1.1 will be coming to the HPH NT-N8 soon at the end of Feb/March 2017

Comment

Just gets better all the, look forward
              treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Work will start on Nougat for HPH NT-V9 RK3399 next week then after that when it's finished for NT-N8 RK3229 and RK3288 will get it lastly(skipping MM) when the other 2 devices work is finished.
                So I expect it should hopefully be before the end of March for all 3 devices(or RK3288 maybe a little longer) if the RK3399 doesn't take too long to be released.
                Exact times are not available but we'll see.
                Rockchip also plans to discontinue new support for Lollipop and MM I heard as there are too many devices and different OS's too maintain.

Comment

Looks like fun times a head for sure
                  Noted about Rockchip..
                  Thanks
                  treboR
                  Please consider
                  Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I have noticed - both on the original firmware and this ROM (1.3 MM) - a lag and de-synching of audio to video. as playback progresses it gets worse and worse. These are video files that work without any such issue on other Kodi boxes. With this issue it makes this box close to unusable for Kodi.
                    You can try to enable 'sync playback to display' in playback options.
                    Then disable 'pause during refresh rate switch' and the setting above it. (These settings are required if you play a lot of video with HD Audio, you can also change the pause during refresh rate switching in seconds to suit your av receiver better).
                    It will then behave like normal Kodi and put the audio/video in sync the whole time.

The latest version of NTMC is 16.1.4, available from Nagrace Market.

RKMC has all these settings disabled by default if you want to try that but it includes addons.
                    GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.

Comment

I have noticed - both on the original firmware and this ROM (1.3 MM) - a lag and de-synching of audio to video. as playback progresses it gets worse and worse. These are video files that work without any such issue on other Kodi boxes. With this issue it makes this box close to unusable for Kodi.
                      Hi

If you don't use refresh rate switching you can disable this setting or change the pause value between 1-5 seconds to modify the audio/video sync.
                      Normally these settings are disabled by default in Kodi but it allows for smoother video playback especially for 23.976/24fps videos.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170201-0447341.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	628139

Comment

New firmware should be released this week.
                        It will have improved video playback and should help to set pass-through easier, SPDIF should also work again as some people said there were no sound..

Comment

New firmware v1.4 released
                          See OP for details.

- Latest video framework for improved video playback for h264/h265
                          - Added Pass-through settings
                          - Updated apps
                          - Updated NTMC v16.1.5
                          Add AVS video format support
                          Optimize audio track switching
                          Added surface rendering changes
                          - Updated to the latest Timezone data
                          - Added wired Xbox remote file
                          - Added 8GB model with new wifi support

Comment

Looking Good, in easy.
                            7 minutes till first boot. (don't panic)
                            Zippy little beast of thing

Not sure if it would save anything, a need for all languages to be loaded on NTMC first run.
                            treboR
                            Please consider
                            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                              Looking Good, in easy.
                              7 minutes till first boot. (don't panic)
                              Zippy little beast of thing

Not sure if it would save anything, a need for all languages to be loaded on NTMC first run.
                              Yes, maybe some languages can be removed like in the past.

Now Nougat must just come and LibreELEC finished and such a dual-boot firmware released, that would be nice.
                              At least LibreELEC is now being developed for RK3288 and I help test it, the RK3229 also has all the open source VPU drivers to make it possible in the future.

Comment

Spreadsheet with lots of HD Audio videos to test the pass-through capabilities.
                                Please read the OP of the settings to set for pass-through to work correctly on Marshmallow, it is different than for Lollipop firmware.
                                MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

If some people can complete the spreadsheet, it will help to see what AV receivers work the best and what devices have some problems.
                                Then the results can be combined into one spreadsheet.

Comment

Working...
                                X